PDA

View Full Version : My RPG maker XP game (yes, another RPGXP thread :))

Slicksword45
08-31-2006, 06:10 PM
I'm sure you all noticed the mass of RPG maker XP games on here.

well I'm adding my own. I have a demo. I know it sucks =p

any way, you can get the demo, along with RPG maker here (http://www.4shared.com/dir/774313/dc32341a/sharing.html)

Please give me feedback. If anyone wants to help me just say so on this thread. Screen shots will come soon =p

XxFinal_CloudxX
08-31-2006, 07:35 PM
Yeah Im making one on RPG Maker 2003.. Its going to be Great!!!!!!

SpikingZero
08-31-2006, 08:06 PM
What sorts of things do you need help with?

XxFinal_CloudxX
08-31-2006, 08:45 PM
on mine I need someone who knows how to make sprites or chipsets

Slicksword45
08-31-2006, 09:11 PM
What sorts of things do you need help with?

alot of thigs (execpt music)

If you saw, theirs losta glitiches, I'm only using the defalt stuff, I could use some monster/carater sprites and the such.

Goldenboko
09-01-2006, 02:47 AM
Ok Slick I know I already told you this but RPG 2003 is MUCH more user friendly toward people who do not know Ruby Scripting (I hope to be a game designer when I grow up so naturally I learned that XP has Scripting so I thought it would be a good learnign experince)
Also I could try and help you MUCH more with RPG Maker 2003. Also XP doesn't have a battle system as good as 2003 (2003 has a Final Fantasy type one which is easier to make intelligent/fun to fight monsters. I.E. My final bosses and Side Bosses always turn out better in 03) And lastly you'll most likely advance faster in 03. Sorry just had to point that out.

The only bad part is it can't run as nice looking graphics or sound files.

Slicksword45
09-01-2006, 03:02 AM
Ok Slick I know I already told you this but RPG 2003 is MUCH more user friendly toward people who do not know Ruby Scripting (I hope to be a game designer when I grow up so naturally I learned that XP has Scripting so I thought it would be a good learnign experince)
Also I could try and help you MUCH more with RPG Maker 2003. Also XP doesn't have a battle system as good as 2003 (2003 has a Final Fantasy type one which is easier to make intelligent/fun to fight monsters. I.E. My final bosses and Side Bosses always turn out better in 03) And lastly you'll most likely advance faster in 03. Sorry just had to point that out.

The only bad part is it can't run as nice looking graphics or sound files.

I wanna be a game designer too :)

But I think i'll stick with XP for now. If this goes well I'll do 03 next. And if it dosen't go well (Like I expect.... :( ) I'll probley STILL make A game with 03 too :)

XxFinal_CloudxX
09-01-2006, 08:26 PM
LOL! Yeah 03 is better. Does anyone here make chipsets or Sprites if so Contact me Becaue I have my game coming out which is continuing FF7 the way I want.

Slicksword45
09-02-2006, 04:06 PM
LOL! Yeah 03 is better. Does anyone here make chipsets or Sprites if so Contact me Becaue I have my game coming out which is continuing FF7 the way I want.

Could you please advertise on your own thread?

Any way, I think the next part will be done next week.

But.... school starts and I'm only alowed on the comp. mon, thrs, and sat.

And I'm going to one of my friends house today, all day.

so I'm kinda limited in work time.

Finally, dose anyone know a site were I can get monsters sprits?

Goldenboko
09-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Google RPG Maker XP Resources (Insert type of resource here)

The results will be endless.

Slicksword45
09-05-2006, 04:12 AM
Ok the first update is out!

this update includes:

6 new skills-- Fire
Leg sweep
Cross cut (enimies only)
Sonic arrow (enimies only)
Triple dagger throw (enimies only)
Thunder Throw (Enimies only)

2 new bosses!
2 new enimies!
2 new playables!
1 new dungon!
abit more to the story!
some new equipment!
also, I'v changed the boss music.

and.... I think thats it....

anyway, enjoy.

Slicksword45
09-10-2006, 12:13 AM
Well since it's been 5 days I think it's ok to post again.

I didden't get much done sadley. (Darn you school)

But I have gotting to making some new affects, some new wepons, another boss, some more music, 2 more new playable caraters (who, right now, are called Assassin and ???), and a new dungon.

I think the next part will be out next week.

Slicksword45
09-19-2006, 02:54 AM
Ok, I'm 2 days over what I was hopeing to be a weekley update.

anyway, I have made the first town, another 2 bosses (And a third, but it just needs to be placed) a few more enimies and skills and another carater. I have another carater being planned and will join the party at the end of the demo. Anyway, thats all for now.

Araciel
09-19-2006, 05:11 AM

quick show of hands, how many people on this site wanna be game designers?

Slicksword45
09-20-2006, 09:09 PM

*Shows hand*

oddler
09-22-2006, 05:25 AM

*Shows hand*

*Shows hand* Maybe not for a career but, hey, couldn't hurt to do for fun, right?

Spammerman
09-22-2006, 07:16 AM
Me. Ive wanted to become a gd since I got my n64.

Araciel
09-22-2006, 03:48 PM
yeah i wanted to be one since i played final fantasy and super mario on my NES....someday i tells ya...i only want to be into the concept part though...and story...no programming bleh that would be boring

Slicksword45
09-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Ok the next part is ALMOST ready. I just need to test it. I would have had it up but a car hit the electrit pole right infront of my house and I lost power for a long time. O well. Importent thing is Noone was hurt. anyway, I'll edit this post when it's up.

Edit: Ok V 1.3 is up.