PDA

View Full Version : Jecht>>>Zanarkand...how?

Helios
08-31-2006, 10:55 PM
How did Jecht get to Zanarkand? I can understand Tidus getting there of course, but it's Jecht I don't understand.

Goldenboko
08-31-2006, 11:43 PM
Do you mean Zanarkand or dream Zanarkand?

Armisael
08-31-2006, 11:59 PM
Which point of the game are you reffering to?

LunarWeaver
09-01-2006, 12:31 AM
I think what he meant was how did Jecht get out of the summoned Zanarkand and into the rest of Spira in the first place.

Goldenboko
09-01-2006, 12:57 AM
If thats what he ment.

One day Jecht sailed out too far for practice and in bad luck ran into Sin. From there he ended up in Spira. Pretty simple.

Tavrobel
09-01-2006, 02:26 AM
How did Jecht get to Zanarkand? I can understand Tidus getting there of course, but it's Jecht I don't understand.

Jecht --
Zanarkand: visited it as ruins with Braska

Dream Zanarkand: he, over time, developed as a natural evolution of the dream of the Fayth, unexplained origins if any

Spira: he went a wee to far out to train one day, and Sin brought him to Spira (by accident), as a consequence, Jecht became "real" is the sense of interacting with Spira, and not just DZ, disappears as a result of him being killed (although he would have most assuredly disappeared if he had not been killed by the time the Fayth stopped)

Tidus --
Zanaraknd: visited it as ruins with Yuna

Dream Zanarkand: developed in a similar fashion to Jecht due to the need to expand and continue the dream; is assumed his physical and emotional properties are based loosely on Shuyin's DZ template (FFX-2 only)

Spira: Auron and Jecht (as Sin) brought him to Spira as due to their agreement, becomes real because of his interactions with Spira, but retains his anchorage in the world only because of the Fayth

jammi567
09-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Ok, nice answers, but how does he get out of dream Zanarkand, via Sin, into Spira?

Captain Maxx Power
09-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Ok, nice answers, but how does he get out of dream Zanarkand, via Sin, into Spira?

Diagram time!

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/3046/tidustospirawa3.jpg

Figure 1: Tidus is in Dream Zanarkand. Sin is in Dream Zanarkand.

Figure 2: Sin "eats" Tidus.

Figure 3: Sin "ptoi"'s Tidus into Spira.

And that, as they say, is that.

jammi567
09-01-2006, 04:19 PM
But why would some random summoner want to do that to Jecht. Sin only did it to Tidus because Jecht wanted that to happen.

LOL! to the diagram :D.

Breine
09-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Maxx Power, that diagram is priceless - It can't be said better than that :)

Goldenboko
09-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Maxx Power rapped this up nothing more to say.

Jessweeee♪
09-01-2006, 11:26 PM
I love that diagram!
Because Jecht was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there all alone :P
but I am curious as to who was sacrificed before him.

Tavrobel
09-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Known FAs, possibly more, it's a subject that is up to debate

Zaon
Guardian of Yocun (unknown)
Guardian of Ohalland (unknown)
Jecht

farplaner
09-01-2006, 11:58 PM

Diagram time!

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/3046/tidustospirawa3.jpg

Figure 1: Tidus is in Dream Zanarkand. Sin is in Dream Zanarkand.

Figure 2: Sin "eats" Tidus.

Figure 3: Sin "ptoi"'s Tidus into Spira.

And that, as they say, is that.

5,000 points!!

Aeondo
09-02-2006, 05:25 PM
If thats what he ment.

One day Jecht sailed out too far for practice and in bad luck ran into Sin. From there he ended up in Spira. Pretty simple.
according to the flashback at the beginnig that happened when tidus was still a kid.
According to everyones stories sin appeared during tidus blitzball game,unless something happened while I fell asleep at a coupl cutscenes at 5 in the morning Im replaying thruogh now.
my point is the two stories dont make sense

Tavrobel
09-02-2006, 06:08 PM
If thats what he ment.

according to the flashback at the beginnig that happened when tidus was still a kid.
According to everyones stories sin appeared during tidus blitzball game,unless something happened while I fell asleep at a coupl cutscenes at 5 in the morning Im replaying thruogh now.
my point is the two stories dont make sense

Did you not see the diagram? And the stories make perfect sense. Falling asleep is completely your fault.

Timeline (based on the age of Tidus):
@ 0: Tidus born
@ 7: Jecht goes out too far to practice, encounters Sin, taken to Spira
@ 8: Jecht journeys through Spira, at the end of the journey, Jecht becomes Sin as is the purpose of the Final Summoning, Braska is killed
@ 17: Tidus is now a famous Blitzball star, Sin re-appears in Dream Zanarkand

Not difficult.

Aeondo
09-02-2006, 10:46 PM
On the blitzball day was supposedly the first sin appearence
jecht was taken as tidus was still a kid.
yes I saw the diagram that perfectly explains what I am now saying for the second time (first two lines)-how is there two first sin appearences?
lets see you stay awake in 5 in the morning through all the 15 min cutscenes at least some take at least a halfhour

Tavrobel
09-02-2006, 10:55 PM
On the blitzball day was supposedly the first sin appearence
jecht was taken as tidus was still a kid.
yes I saw the diagram that perfectly explains what I am now saying for the second time (first two lines)-how is there two first sin appearences?
lets see you stay awake in 5 in the morning through all the 15 min cutscenes at least some take at least a halfhour

No, there were many Sin appearances. However, Sin only appears in DZ twice, once to take Jecht, once to take Tidus. Yes, Jecht was taken when Tidus was a kid; nothing is able to or does contradict with the timeline.

I'm pretty sure at this point, you haven't completed the game, nor have you gotten far enough for me to explain it to you and make you understand it. Also, if you are falling asleep, find a save point, save, and SLEEP. There is no lack of Save points in the game (with the exception of Gagazet and the Calm Lands).

Suffice it to say, Sin is able to be reincarnated, and he goes back to DZ. Not difficult.

Aeondo
09-02-2006, 11:15 PM
dont go flamin. I have beat the game twice. I was speed running the game for my friend (I was recording the game for him he needed to show his mom that it was worth the 50 bucks) He wanted to know How jecht got to Zanarkand and I gave my theory Just like you and everyone else did.
What did I type that got you mad at me?

Tavrobel
09-03-2006, 12:40 AM
dont go flamin.
What did I type that got you mad at me?
And where have I gone flaming? You said it yourself that you were playing the game at five in the morning (which really isn't what you want to do, even if it is for a friend). Your lack of sleep is clouding your judgment. And maybe your interpretive skills, as well.

He wanted to know How jecht got to Zanarkand

Jecht --
Zanarkand: visited it as ruins with Braska

Dream Zanarkand: he, over time, developed as a natural evolution of the dream of the Fayth, unexplained origins if any

Spira: he went a wee to far out to train one day, and Sin brought him to Spira (by accident), as a consequence, Jecht became "real" is the sense of interacting with Spira, and not just DZ, disappears as a result of him being killed (although he would have most assuredly disappeared if he had not been killed by the time the Fayth stopped)

Aeondo
09-03-2006, 01:19 AM
your last 5 posts have been flaming and there is no such thing as lack of sleep during summer break

Goldenboko
09-03-2006, 02:21 AM
your last 5 posts have been flaming and there is no such thing as lack of sleep during summer break

Umm... yes there is, I've had to get up all summer and work, somtimes I've gotten to sleep in.
Plus sleeping from 10pm-8am is actuall better for you ten sleeping from 2am to 2pm.
Also he wasn't flaming you just couldn't take the fact he was giving you advice...
And don't continue saying he is flaming believe me I've seen him flame...

tidus_rox
09-03-2006, 04:10 AM

Zaon
Jecht

There had only been 4 calms?

Tavrobel
09-03-2006, 04:50 AM

Zaon
Jecht

There had only been 4 calms?

That's one theory, that there are only so many High Summoners, as it is a very prestigious title. It does state in the game that the quest to be a Summoner is VERY difficult, and Summoners that abandonded the quest were looked down upon. This is evidenced by having only a few memories be shown at the Dome of Zanarkand. One is Yocun's, Seymour's (failed), and Braska. Ohalland is named as a High Summoner in Kilika, as well as one of the factors in Wakka becoming a guardian.

The other side of the coin, is that there were more than the known High Summoners. This does account for the statues in all of the Temples, but statues could be of anything. The statue in which you pray at Besaid before leaving isn't of anyone in particular. Considering the clandestine nature of Yevon, it wouldn't be surprising if there were more, but High Summoners were held in extremely high prestige, enough to justify that there were only a few of them (as few as four).

Aeondo
09-03-2006, 05:39 AM
what the heck did I do? thats two poeple in my hair on the first day

Goldenboko
09-03-2006, 05:45 AM

I'm not "at your hair" and I was trying to tell you Trav wasn't either

EDIT- First day huh, welcome to EoFF I'm Eoff's Offical Self Appointed Chocobo!

Aeondo
09-03-2006, 06:37 AM

I'm not "at your hair" and I was trying to tell you Trav wasn't either

EDIT- First day huh, welcome to EoFF I'm Eoff's Offical Self Appointed Chocobo!
Thats all i need to hear
thanks for clearing things up and Ill stop spamming this thread now
g'day tav
g'day goldenboco