PDA

View Full Version : Seal Guardians

jammi567
09-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Any tips on how to beat them easily. On my last game, i used the $Toss ability, but i want to do it a more ligit way this time. All my characters are at level 31 if that helps.

Flying Mullet
09-02-2006, 12:09 AM
What job abilities/levels do you have? Job levels are much more important than character levels in FFV.

jammi567
09-02-2006, 01:01 AM
I'll have to double check my game.

Crossblades
09-02-2006, 02:59 AM
Here's the strategy I used:

I had Bartz as Lancer, Reina as a Time Mage with Mastered White Magic, Galuf as a Summoner with Mastered Black Magic, and Faris as a Ninja with a Monk ability named "Store"

I had Reina cast Float on the entire party to avoid the Earth Seal's Quake. Casting Haste also helps. Then I had Galuf constantly abuse Titan(it will heal the Earth Seal, but it will do major damage to the others)summoning Golem also helps. Then I had Bartz constantly jump. Faris will always use Store and since she's a Ninja, it will do extra damage because of the fact that she can equip 2 weapons. And besides having Reina cast Haste, I would always have her heal when necessary.

And yes, you should be able to do fine at level 31, even though what Bantam is true. Job levels are more important.

boys from the dwarf
09-02-2006, 12:15 PM
tell us your job levels and then we can be more help. level 31 is definetly high enough. they all have 7777 HP and all absorb an element so it best to focus on one of them or attack all of them with magic and ignore the one thats being healed. i never foud these too hard even at lower levels than you so i think its something to do with your job classes.

Sefie1999AD
09-02-2006, 05:14 PM
The Four Seals are a very tough boss. I think I had someone cast Float on everybody and Haste2 on my White Mage, who then quickly cast Shell on everyone. After that, the White Mage will be busy healing. Make someone a Summoner and have him/her cast Golem and then use repeatedly Titan. This should kill everybody except the Earth Seal. Finally, have your physical attackers defeat the Earth Seal. Good luck, this is a really hard battle.

Shin Gouken
09-02-2006, 10:48 PM
The trick is to organise your approach in such a way that you are immune to almost all their attacks. Cast float on your party (before the battle so as not to waste four turns during battle) Place your party in the back row and cast golem (golem absorbs the damage you would normally receive so being in the back row will keep golem active longer) Next bit you may have trouble with... i don't recall if reflect is available at the time of the game you are at. If it is not, then the only way you can activate it is with a Wall ring which enemys drop in the tower where you fought Atamos (which you cant go back to now) this takes care of fire3 and aero 3. Now the only attack that can hurt you is aquarake. If you missed your chance for wall rings then shell all round to at least halve the damage you would take.

Its up to you how you attack but i would advise attacking one at a time. You dont want to suffer fire3 aero3 and aquarake over and over. Attack one and replenish golem when nessessary.

oh and doomclaw works one in...say 10 times :/

Fithos
09-04-2006, 04:38 AM
sshot with blood sword is a handy combo, always hits and drains hp, other than that their isnt much else to say. if you can get a demi 2 or qurter or whatever it is clled at them, it will only sometimes hit, but when it does it will do plenty of damage. thats the stuff i used, plus the golem wall stuff.

jammi567
09-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the tips, but here's my abilites i have for each character, if it helps:

Hero= Guard, store, chkra, time, summn, eqshield, hp+10%, barefist, 2-handed, cover, counter

Reina= store, chkra, white, black, time, summn, barefist, cover

Galuf= guard. store, chkra, summn, hp+10%, hp+20%, barefist, cover, counter

Faris= store, chkra, white, summn, hp+10%, barefist, counter