PDA

View Full Version : would there be a combination

Markus. D
09-02-2006, 04:46 PM
that would perhaps turn the Pally into an offensive powerhouse?

Vincentsinnerdemon
09-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Stick a Great Sword on it and wear alot of Attack and STR+ gear with some Accuracy and dex+ in there too and you have yourself a mediocre DRK!

In other words you can turn it offensive but it will be in the middle of the pack in damage. Out-damaged easily by the DRKs MNKs and even DRGs in the game.

My preference is to keep PLD a tank as it should be.

ScottNUMBERS
09-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Paladin's seem to have a pretty high Strength stat anyway, my natrual Strength is higher than my Vitality, but this may be due to a Warrior Subjob and being Elvaan.

If you want a "powerhouse" choose a different Job, we are defenders not damage dealers.

I tried out Paladin in PvP the other day for the second time, I had a single small Sword equiped and I was hitting for more than twice the damage my opponent could with two swords. Paladins don't need to equip big weapons and STR+ gear to out-damage their opponents.

Markus. D
09-05-2006, 10:16 PM
got it, damage in PvP *writes down*

Yeargdribble
09-06-2006, 02:09 AM

#1 Go to your mog house as PLD
#2 Click on your moogle
#3 Select Change Job from the menu
#4 Pick a job that deals good damage which you have a ton of great gear for.

Congratulations. You just turned PLD into an offenseive powerhouse ^^

Rostum
09-06-2006, 02:25 AM
Don't level PLD in hopes to actually deal damage.

Vincentsinnerdemon
09-06-2006, 03:14 AM

#1 Go to your mog house as PLD
#2 Click on your moogle
#3 Select Change Job from the menu
#4 Pick a job that deals good damage which you have a ton of great gear for.

Congratulations. You just turned PLD into an offenseive powerhouse ^^

nice... seriously

Lionx
09-06-2006, 06:23 AM
You probably could, there are gear out there, but you probably wont match other Damage Dealers. This might only be useful around 70 merit pts, however before that i wouldnt say care too much outside PvP. I aint an expert on this though but i seen some people do it...just dont expect to outpower anyone.

Markus. D
09-06-2006, 06:34 AM
Don't level PLD in hopes to actually deal damage.

nonono, I wouldnt touch the thing, Tanking is a bore to me. Id much rather be punching things or Supporting.

just wondering if theres some kind of... amazingly tripped out combo of equips/combos/etc... that would show an new talent in Pally.

but clearly its been answered already so.

thanks all for the info n_n-b

Garland
09-06-2006, 07:43 AM
A Paladin/Ninja is a good enough DD to be the last resort for some TP burn parties. Granted, in the realm of merit parties, paladins are the fat and/or nerdy kids in gradeschool gym class who get picked only when everyone else is taken. (I was a paladin in grades 3-8) But hey, at least they DD well enough to get picked at all.

Darius
09-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Paladins are fat and nerdy? I wouldnt use that reference when talking about PLD's. Every party ive been in with my PLD, everyones praised me and relied on me. Thats what PLD's are for. They arent powerhouses but they can take more 'damage' than any other job in the game, making them one of the best jobs in the game. You dont have to deal alot of damage if your not taking much damage. Thats why casters do so much damage, because they die within 2-3 hits. PLD can take 20-infinite (2 hr) hits and still be alive. Every job relies on another to survive at some point in the game. PLD is the most relied upon job and I have no problem getting into parties as a main tank.

Rostum
09-06-2006, 11:30 PM
He was talking about PLD's being compared to the untalented students of a gym class.

chionos
09-07-2006, 12:51 AM
Algol + Homam Corazza + Ethereal Earring + Triumph Earring + Warwolf Belt + Foragers Mantle + Rajas Ring + Flame Ring + Galliard Trousers + (for ws) Hecatomb cap, mittens, leggings = a not half bad DD PLD. And they can get setup even better, this is just off the top of my head. My ls has a lot of PLD, so many of them, not having the setup i mentioned above, come to events as pld/nin and have high dmg swords and DD gear from their Wars or w/e.

Ouch!
09-07-2006, 02:10 AM
Paladins are fat and nerdy? I wouldnt use that reference when talking about PLD's. Every party ive been in with my PLD, everyones praised me and relied on me. Thats what PLD's are for. They arent powerhouses but they can take more 'damage' than any other job in the game, making them one of the best jobs in the game. You dont have to deal alot of damage if your not taking much damage. Thats why casters do so much damage, because they die within 2-3 hits. PLD can take 20-infinite (2 hr) hits and still be alive. Every job relies on another to survive at some point in the game. PLD is the most relied upon job and I have no problem getting into parties as a main tank.
I understood it that he was only talking about TP Burn parties, which, as far as I know, don't use a tank.

Darius
09-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Ah, my mistake then. I thought he just didnt like PLDs. I misread his post then. :p
I see what he means now. But how would parties like that work though? Ive never been in a party like he described. Would it be similar to having MNKs, DRKs and BLMs and a couple WHMs? That seems like a pretty offensive party to me. :D Sounds fun too!

Lionx
09-08-2006, 12:03 AM
Recommended Top Tier Merit pts are:

WAR/NIN x 4(maybe MNK/NIN second choice)
RDM/WHM
BRD/NIN

Every other DD is second to those mentioned above, then probably PLD on the bottom heap. Some switch BRD for the WHM or something else, but basically every merit pt strives to be like the above for better or for worst. However you better have NIN sub, and if you like skillchains, you are out of luck as its just spamming.

Rostum
09-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Algol + Homam Corazza + Ethereal Earring + Triumph Earring + Warwolf Belt + Foragers Mantle + Rajas Ring + Flame Ring + Galliard Trousers + (for ws) Hecatomb cap, mittens, leggings = a not half bad DD PLD. And they can get setup even better, this is just off the top of my head. My ls has a lot of PLD, so many of them, not having the setup i mentioned above, come to events as pld/nin and have high dmg swords and DD gear from their Wars or w/e.

Yes, because the majority PLD out there can obtain and afford any of that stuff. -_-;

PLD/NIN with just high damage swords and a few pieces of DD gear still isn't that great. I try it and friends try it, it really doesn't compare.