PDA

View Full Version : BULLY

Rosenti
09-02-2006, 05:02 PM
Ive been on rockstartgames.com and found out theyre releasing a new game called BULLY, i saw the trailers and it looked pretty good, What do u think?

KentaRawr!
09-02-2006, 07:59 PM
It's not the kind of game I'd like. I'm not too interested in it.

Sylvie
09-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Is this the one where you get to basically re-enact Columbine?

If so, then no. Thats stupid and not cool.

oddler
09-02-2006, 08:27 PM
For my opinion on this, you can look here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=88385). :eep:

Raebus
09-02-2006, 08:28 PM

"As a troublesome schoolboy, you'll laugh and cringe as you stand up to bullies, get picked on by teachers, play pranks on malicious kids, win or lose the girl, and ultimately learn to navigate the obstacles of the fictitious reform school, Bullworth Academy. "

So, that sounds like columbine where two teenage students carried out a shooting rampage?

Sylvie
09-02-2006, 08:30 PM

"As a troublesome schoolboy, you'll laugh and cringe as you stand up to bullies, get picked on by teachers, play pranks on malicious kids, win or lose the girl, and ultimately learn to navigate the obstacles of the fictitious reform school, Bullworth Academy. "

So, that sounds like columbine where two teenage students carried out a shooting rampage?

Then, no It isn't like that then. I guess it sounds okay, but no matter what, parents will be complaing about it.

Raebus
09-02-2006, 08:31 PM
You arent the bully, your standing UP TO THE BULLYS. Why would parents be outraged?

Sylvie
09-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Because its made by Rockstar. Parents will always whine about their games, whether its trying to get good messages across or not.

Fonzie
09-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Because its made by Rockstar. Parents/Jack Thompson will always whine about their games, whether its trying to get good messages across or not.

Dreddz
09-02-2006, 11:50 PM
Rockstar need to get there creative juices following, as this is probably the stupidest concept for a game ever...

Dignified Pauper
09-03-2006, 12:09 AM
i love this game already!

stuffing
09-03-2006, 12:12 AM
I'd only play it if the player was the bully.

Araciel
09-03-2006, 01:46 AM
so this is going to be like GTA in reform school...why is that a big deal...the only reason parents are going to get up in arms is because it features a youngster as the protagonist and he does some questionable things....but what will the esrb rating be?? they hated GTA because it was so violent but it was for a mature audience

Jowy
09-03-2006, 02:14 AM
Yeah, it's not like GTA at all. Mission based, but not like GTA. No drive by shootings, no drug deals, no prostitution, yeah. And it looks like one of those bad school-themed movies from the 1970s that they make you watch in school now so you learn a lesson or something.

I want it.

NINJA_Ryu
09-03-2006, 04:19 AM
I think it is just getting bad hyped for 3 reasons

1. Its rockstar, self explainitory
2. The name
3. Jack Thompson is going on the WTF NOOBS! DA GAME WILL C00RPT 0R KIDS FREVR!

but yea, i read the game informer preview, and i dont want to get it, but its an intresting concept.

Reminds me of the harry potter games in some ways too

Clouded Sky
09-03-2006, 07:58 AM
First off, violence isn't rampant as it is in GTA, there will be few weapons, and those that do exist (baseball bats, etc.) will degrade after a few swings. In addition, their are consequences for said behaviour. Rockstar knows about the heat that's going to come with the game, so they're being careful. Personally, I think it looks interesting and I'll probably give it a shot.

fantasyjunkie
09-03-2006, 09:29 AM
What's funny is that Rockstar really hasn't released a lot of information about the game and people are trying to have it banned a year before it's release when very little is know about it.

Orion Zero
09-03-2006, 09:44 AM
I don't see it not getting banned eventually. Parents are going to complain til they get their way, kids shouldn't be playing this stuff in the first place.

fantasyjunkie
09-03-2006, 09:54 AM
The ESRB rating is there for a reason. Parents won't have any ground to stand on, especially if it's rated mature. Free Speech!

Raebus
09-03-2006, 09:54 AM
I don't see it not getting banned eventually. Parents are going to complain til they get their way, kids shouldn't be playing this stuff in the first place.

Yeah, kids shouldnt but guess what? It'll be the parents BUYING THE GAME FOR THEM.

Oh and yeah, I'm looking forward to it.

Cz
09-03-2006, 11:41 AM
It's an interesting idea; sort of like Skool Daze for the new millenium. I doubt I'll buy it, but as with a any Rockstar product it's worth keeping an eye on.

~SapphireStar~
09-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Its ridic making a game that involves bullying others. Im not going near the game, its a horrid subject to market.

Cookie
09-03-2006, 04:55 PM
I've been waiting for over a year for this game, the magazine i read has had in the release lists for aggggggggggggggggggggggggggges and every month it will be coming out next month. I saw some good videos on ign.

Madame Adequate
09-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Rockstar need to get there creative juices following, as this is probably the stupidest concept for a game ever...

"Rockstar need to be more original. This original concept is stupid."

???

Anyway I'm vaguely interested in this. I'm half-tempted to get it just to piss off everyone making a big deal about it.

Clouded Sky
09-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Read about the game before you make assumptions thar the game is specifically about bullying other kids. Yeah, your character CAN bully other kids, but the whole premise of the game is to get the different groups of kids (Nerds, Goths, Preps, etc...) to go against the bullies and stand up for themselves.

Also, an interesting tidbit - Rockstar has said their will be no swearing in the game. My guess is that this could easily be headed for a T rating.

Raebus
09-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Its ridic making a game that involves bullying others. Im not going near the game, its a horrid subject to market.

Clouded sky: "despite the confirmed absence of blood, death, and bad language in general in the game"
A quote from wikipedia on bully.

Clouded Sky
09-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Huzzah!

Madame Adequate
09-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Also, an interesting tidbit - Rockstar has said their will be no swearing in the game. My guess is that this could easily be headed for a T rating.

Well it's clearly not remotely realistic, in that case :p

Dreddz
09-03-2006, 08:14 PM

"Rockstar need to be more original. This original concept is stupid."

Eh.. (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&hs=IKc&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official_s&defl=en&q=define:concept&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title)

Elite Lord Sigma
09-04-2006, 05:48 AM
It's an interesting concept. I may get it when I learn more about it.

Hawkeye
09-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Oh my God I've waited for this game for about 6 months. The concept to beat up kids is literally mind blowing. In fact, I wouldn't mind blowing up minds if some guy punches me while minding my own business. Man I wanna just kick some ass.

This game seems awesome. I'm gonna get it once it comes out.

NorthernChaosGod
09-07-2006, 12:03 AM
I'll be getting it rather soon after the initial release.