09-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Who's better?

I like Ken.

DK
09-02-2006, 07:47 PM
Ken.

Roto13
09-02-2006, 07:49 PM
I think Ryu is stronger as far as storyline goes, but Ken is my guy.

KentaRawr!
09-02-2006, 07:52 PM
I'll give you some good reasons to vote for me.

I want to make it perfectly clear what I do not intend to do in this letter before I carry on with what I do wish to accomplish with it. But before I continue, allow me to explain that the tone of Mr. Ryu H. Hadouken's platitudes is eerily reminiscent of that of prissy, deceitful hermits of the late 1940s, in the sense that unless we stand our ground, things will only get worse. Yes, I could add that no reasonable person would deny that his trucklers operate secretly so as not to excite suspicion, but I wanted to keep my message simple and direct. I didn't want to distract you from the main thrust of my message, which is that if I had to choose the most purblind specimen from Ryu's welter of smarmy gabble, it would have to be Ryu's claim that he knows the "right" way to read Plato, Maimonides, and Machiavelli. Who could have guessed that Ryu would impair the practice of democracy? To put it another way, why is it that 99 times out of 100, his skills are generally used to exploit, abuse, and exert power? It is bootless to speculate on the matter, but it should be noted that if I recall correctly, we are nearing a synthesis of resistentialism and antinomianism into a jaded, callous jujuism that will sensationalize all of the issues. End of story. Actually, I should add that we find among narrow and uneducated minds the belief that he should flush all my hopes and dreams down the toilet because "it's the right thing to do". This belief is due to a basic confusion, which can be cleared up simply by stating that even Ryu's most overweening secret agents are trained in the use of force, deadly force, advanced weaponry, and offensive and defensive tactics. Why do I tell you this? Because these days, no one else has the guts to. I used a phrase a few moments ago. I referred to Ryu's deputies as "lewd nudniks." You ought to memorize that phrase, because, frankly, perhaps one day we will live in a world where good people are not troubled by fear of brusque nitwits. Until that day arrives, however, we must spread the word that a person who wants to get ahead should try to understand the long-range consequences of his/her actions. Ryu has never had that faculty. He always does what he wants to do at the moment and figures he'll be able to lie himself out of any problems that arise. Sorry for babbling so much, but Mr. Ryu H. Hadouken easily impresses his associates using big words like "Hadouken".

Venom
09-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Ryu.

KentaRawr!
09-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Ryu.

I wanted to respond to Mr. Arucard earlier, but I was so busy, I simply did not have the time. Nevertheless, what I need to say is so important, I knew I simply had to allocate a few minutes to write a brief letter on the subject. Let's get down to brass tacks: If you can go more than a minute without hearing Arucard talk about insurrectionism, you're either deaf, dumb, or in a serious case of denial. I don't care a brass farthing about what he thinks of me. I put that observation into this letter just to let you see that only the impartial and unimpassioned mind will even consider that we can never return to the past. And if we are ever to move forward to the future, we have to educate the public on a range of issues and encourage others to do the same. You know what I mean? I, hardheaded cynic that I am, like to face facts. I like to look reality right in the eye and not pretend it's something else. And the reality of our present situation is this: If Arucard's proxies had even an ounce of integrity, they would suggest the kind of politics and policies that are needed to restore good sense to this important debate. Faith is harder to shake than knowledge, love succumbs less to change than respect, hate is more enduring than aversion, and Arucard has been doing "in-depth research" (whatever he thinks that means) to prove that a totalitarian dictatorship is the best form of government we could possibly have. I should mention that I've been doing some research of my own. So far, I've "discovered" that teenagers who want to shock their parents sometimes maintain -- with a straight face -- that the federal government should take more and more of our hard-earned money and more and more of our hard-won rights. Fortunately, most parents don't fall for this fraud because they know that mankind needs to do more to step back and consider the problem of Arucard's stratagems in the larger picture of popular culture imagery. Understand, I am not condemning mankind for not doing enough; I am merely stating that I am sick of our illustrious "leaders" treading on eggshells so as not to upset Arucard. Here's what I have to say to them: Arucard is so tied up in his personal dreams that he is oblivious to what is happening in the world around him. But the problems with Arucard's canards don't end there. Because Mr. Arucard is so caught up in trying to make today's oppressiveness look like grade-school work compared to what he has planned for the future, I'd like to conclude this letter by quoting to him the last line of R. M. Rilke's poem, "Archaic Torso of Apollo": "You must change your life."

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
09-02-2006, 08:13 PM
they're generally the same person they just look different

oddler
09-02-2006, 08:23 PM
If I'm not mistaken, they are related in some way concerning the story of Street Fighter. Is that right? I'll give my answer after learning a bit more about the two.

Roto13
09-02-2006, 08:58 PM
They're friends who trained together and have pretty much all of the same moves. :P

Bart's Friend Milhouse
09-02-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm not to familiar with the Street Fighter games but I'll say Ryu (he was better in the movie)

Sylvie
09-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Hmm... Ken.

Sergeant Hartman
09-02-2006, 09:10 PM
I was always a fan of Ryu.

Erdrick Holmes
09-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Ken because he gets all the ladies.

Lionx
09-02-2006, 09:29 PM
In games Ryu is almost always weaker than Ken, while Ken is almost always somewhere in the upper tier....in the story Ryu is stronger. fun.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-02-2006, 09:56 PM
i like ken

Erdrick Holmes
09-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Actually I can dissect the differences.

Ryu is stronger yet slower than Ken, while Ken's faster yet weaker.

KentaRawr!
09-02-2006, 10:05 PM
And Ryu is a communist.

DK
09-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Shoryuken > Hadoken

Ken's Hurricane kick > Ryu's

Lionx
09-02-2006, 10:22 PM
In all seriousness though Darth is right, but Ken's comboability and flexibility make him alot stronger in most of the games he is in compared to Ryu.

Dreddz
09-02-2006, 11:48 PM
I prefer Ryu, his story is better, his character development was better. And playablity wise, hes superior, Kens speeds has nothing against Ryu's amazing combo's...

Kain Strife
09-03-2006, 01:32 AM
Ken always seemed like the Ryu wannabe to me.

KentaRawr!
09-03-2006, 01:34 AM
Ken always seemed like the Ryu wannabe to me.

I assure you, Ryu stole his words from my own mouth and used them against me. He used my words combined with lies to put me in the bad side of people's eyes! :mad2:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-03-2006, 05:06 AM
Ryu has the better stage music and ending. "Ceremony means nothing to him," etc.

Ryu Stage (http://www.lastupload.com/files/23/Ryu%20Stage.mp3)
Ryu Ending (http://www.lastupload.com/files/23/Ryu%20Ending.mp3)
Become a Tempest (http://www.lastupload.com/files/23/Become%20a%20Tempest.mp3) (Game Music Live '93 Summer)

NINJA_Ryu
09-03-2006, 05:24 AM
I must go with my name, we people of great stature must stick together, no? :D

eestlinc
09-03-2006, 06:15 AM
Dan

Erdrick Holmes
09-03-2006, 05:13 PM
I hate people who think Ryu and Ken are brothers... seriously.

KentaRawr!
09-03-2006, 05:14 PM
I hate people who think Ryu and Ken are brothers... seriously.

Totally. Everyone knows Ryu and E. Honda are brothers.

Rocket Edge
09-03-2006, 05:30 PM
Ryu always seemed to be harder, but heck, i warmed to Ken.

Yew-Yevon
09-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Ryu and Ken studied at the same dojo for ten years and have the most of the same techniqes. Ken is more agresive in the movie and Ryu has more endurince. in the US Ken Masters became the #1 marital art champion, where as Ryu travled alot. but as for whos better? well in street fighter 2, Ryu beat the crap out of Sagat and Fa Long. Both of wich are powerful fighters.

boys from the dwarf
09-03-2006, 07:36 PM
i have limited knowledge of street fighter but ive played a couple of games and seen one of the animated movies (its some sort of bonus feature on an anniversary edition or something.)

if found ken usually has more useful moves and have always preferred using him. he has hadoken and slightly different moves to ryu. im pretty sure ken is the older one or at least the agressive one who doesnt hold back. whenever ive seen ryu and ken fight, ken usually wins. theres a flashback in the film where they are younger and ken is winning. when M.Bison controls ken and makes him fight ryu, ken is winning but i think thats because hes violently fighting and not holding back where ryu doesnt want to fight. there so even that its hard to choose. even the votes are near even. street fighter seems to make ken seem more powerful but im still unsure who is the most powerful. it seems that ryu is intended to be more powerful but im not sure. their really even.

Captain Maxx Power
09-03-2006, 09:43 PM

RYU SUX, LOL!!!11.

Sorry, just thought I'd shorthand it for everyone.

O, and Ryu would so win. He'd win hard.

KentaRawr!
09-03-2006, 09:45 PM

RYU SUX, LOL!!!11.

Sorry, just thought I'd shorthand it for everyone.

Mere politics, dear girl. Mere politics.

Yamaneko
09-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Isn't Akuma just the best of both worlds?

Vikeve
09-04-2006, 01:18 AM
You cant make me choose i love them both!

KentaRawr!
09-04-2006, 01:20 AM
Isn't Akuma just the best of both worlds?

Well, I knew it was coming. In fact, I predicted it quite a long time ago when I said that Akuma would foist the most poisonously false and destructive myths imaginable upon us. And now that he has, we must really transform our culture of war and violence into a culture of peace and nonviolence. For complete details, I refer you to my forthcoming book on the subject. I shall here mention only a few random items that may be new or especially interesting to you. For instance, Akuma's screeds are not witty satire, as he would have you believe. They're simply the sullen ramblings of someone who has no idea or appreciation of what he's mocking. He does, occasionally, make a valid point. But when he says that he knows the "right" way to read Plato, Maimonides, and Machiavelli, that's where the facts end and the ludicrousness begins. Thus, in summing up, we can establish the following: 1) Akuma's epithets are founded on lies, and 2) the limitation and final abolition of communism presuppose the elimination of innumerable preconditions.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-04-2006, 05:53 AM
Okay, Kent, we get it. You discovered Internet harangue generators.

Yew-Yevon
09-04-2006, 08:29 PM
i have limited knowledge of street fighter but ive played a couple of games and seen one of the animated movies (its some sort of bonus feature on an anniversary edition or something.)

if found ken usually has more useful moves and have always preferred using him. he has hadoken and slightly different moves to ryu. im pretty sure ken is the older one or at least the agressive one who doesnt hold back. whenever ive seen ryu and ken fight, ken usually wins. theres a flashback in the film where they are younger and ken is winning. when M.Bison controls ken and makes him fight ryu, ken is winning but i think thats because hes violently fighting and not holding back where ryu doesnt want to fight. there so even that its hard to choose. even the votes are near even. street fighter seems to make ken seem more powerful but im still unsure who is the most powerful. it seems that ryu is intended to be more powerful but im not sure. their really even.

I have that game but I also have the uncut unsencered movie and theres lots of omitted content in the game virson of the movie. but from what I have seen Ken didn't have to face Sagat http://www.decepticon-matrix.com/streetfighter_4_sagat.jpg. Ryu kicked Sagat's ass!

NorthernChaosGod
09-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Ryu.