PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal? (Alttp question)

KentaRawr!
09-03-2006, 12:42 AM
A year or so back I realized that my copy of Zelda: A Link to the PAst (GBA Version) was boot-legged. Sadness over-came me, but I played it again and didn't care. I haven't played it for a while. Now, I have prepared for the ultimate lazy time. At least for me. I got a sleeping bag, put 2 blankets inside the sleeping bag, stacked 4 pillows for teh extra cumfort, and got some snacks and a drink. It was chocolate cookie bears for the first dungeon, Reses Cups for the second dungeon, and a marshmallow bar... thing for the 3rd dungeon. But when I went into the castle, I noticed some oddities. When the guards pass one another, the sprite above always over-laps the other sprite, but it looks like the one on the bottom should be over-lapping the one on top, due to the positioning of the camera. Then I walked up to a guard. It doesn't sense any colision until I touch their heads. I can't even slash their bodies! Only the heads. And they still over-lap me if I'm below them, so it's pretty odd. And a lot of rupees, if they're flying through the air, appear UNDER Link, even though it looks like they'd be going OVER Link instead of behind him.

Did I just get too used to the Gameboy Zelda games? Is this normal for Alttp? Did I simply forget about all these things since the last time I played? My laziness will be ruined if these questions are not answered. Please help, EoFF!

stuffing
09-03-2006, 01:11 AM
I think its a sign to stop being lazy

KentaRawr!
09-03-2006, 01:18 AM
If I stop being lazy, will all questions be answered?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-03-2006, 01:22 AM
yes

Sylvie
09-03-2006, 01:25 AM
Maybe because the thing is bootlegged?

KentaRawr!
09-03-2006, 01:32 AM

So it's safe to assume that these things AREN'T normal? o.o

Ryth
09-03-2006, 01:47 AM

So it's safe to assume that these things AREN'T normal? o.o

I'm pretty positive it isn't normal.

Shoeberto
09-03-2006, 02:41 AM
I can pretty much guarantee that these things are not in the least normal.

KentaRawr!
09-03-2006, 02:52 AM
Huh... I just played a rom of the SNES version, and I conducted a few tests. Firstly, the soldiers going over Link was the same in the SNES rom I used. Also, since I was testing it more and I was determined, I found that in the GBA version I have, you CAN slash the bodies. I think I probably just forgot to press the B button. ...>_>... Also, in the GBA version I have, it seems that certain sprites, depending on when they collide, have certain superiorities to one another. If a sprite from the bottom goes to the top, but is still touching the other sprite, it will over-lap in that odd way. Same in the SNES version. And also, I found out that I simply CAUGHT the rupee. It didn't go under Link. <_<... No wonder I got a C- on Big Brain Academy...

Oh, also, in the SNES version, you can't skip the title screen if you already have a save file. In the GBA version, you can. Also, in the GBA version, you get free MP when you obtain the lamp. In the SNES version, you don't. >.>

So basically, this thread was created from my stupidity. =)