PDA

View Full Version : Family's Music Preferences

Ryth
09-03-2006, 02:24 AM
I guess this goes here because it has to do with music.

Well, a random thread I thought up, what sort of music does your family like? Favourites? My mom likes mostly older stuff, older hard rock like Pink Floyd, Queen (who doesn't like Queen?), and such, she also likes some of my bands including Keane, Belle And Sebastion, The White Stripes, Radiohead, The Fiery Furnances, and Cake.

My dad likes some of the older stuff too Sabbath, The Beatles (his favourite) and Zepellin, pretty much the same stuff mom likes discluding the newer bands and he likes country, folk, and Irish tunes.

My brother likes pop-punk mostly and other genres scattered about.

Kirobaito
09-03-2006, 02:27 AM
As far as what they listen to nowadays, they both like country.

Meat Puppet
09-03-2006, 02:31 AM
My father likes stuff like Cold Chisel and my mother likes stuff like the Sex Pistols.

Venom
09-03-2006, 02:34 AM
My dad likes the who and my mother likes fleetwood mac, My sister is into rap and dance music.

I sure did turn out different.

tan
09-03-2006, 02:35 AM
My mom and sister: Pop/ hip-hop/ rap
My dad: Alternative Rock
Yeah, my dad mostly gets angry at my mom and sister for playing what he likes to call "c rap." -_-

LUKEJAKE17
09-03-2006, 02:40 AM
My father likes stuff like Cold Chisel and my mother likes stuff like the Sex Pistols.
does she like lots of other late seventies punk i do im obssessed with it in fact

Shoden
09-03-2006, 02:40 AM
My mother likes Johny Cash, Elvis, Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper and Guns 'n Roses.
My dad likes Cinderella, Slade, Rainbow, Blackmore's night, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Dio, Metallica, Dokken, Brighton Rock and Alice Cooper.
My sister likes the emo stuff,
I listen to a few stuff my dad does but Mainly Dio, Black Sabbath, Metallica, W.A.S.P., Alice Cooper, Anthrax, Slayer, Venom and Flotsam and Jetsam.

LUKEJAKE17
09-03-2006, 03:34 AM
My mom and sister: Pop/ hip-hop/ rap
My dad: Alternative Rock
Yeah, my dad mostly gets angry at my mom and sister for playing what he likes to call "c rap." -_-
your dads right

nik0tine
09-03-2006, 03:37 AM
Everything, basically.

Hambone
09-03-2006, 03:59 AM
Mom: Johnny Cash and other classic rock, country.
Dad: Classic rock and country.
Brother: Metal and classic rock
Sister: Rap and uhh... not sure.
Me: Classical Music. (:eep:)

eestlinc
09-03-2006, 04:01 AM
my dad likes Bach and Bob Dylan.

my mom likes the Beatles.

Jebus
09-03-2006, 04:37 AM
My grandparents listen to country, and my mom and Hank listen to 80's hair metal.

kikimm
09-03-2006, 07:21 AM
Everybody else is really into Led Zeppelin and The Beatles right now. Which was all right at first. Pretty sick of it now. They refuse to listen to anything that's been created in the last 10 years ago, with a few exceptions. My dad likes Beck, and my mom likes some of the stuff I like. Chevelle, for example.

SnoopyG
09-03-2006, 08:02 AM
my mom and dad are into some old chinese songs and my dad has a liking for some classical music such as bach and etc.

my older bro is into rock and stuff like that

my little sister is still young so shes into whatever's on mtv

I'm into hiphop/rnb and trance

Jowy
09-03-2006, 08:15 AM
My mom and dad listen to a lot of hair metal. I took Monster Ballads out of his car far too many times.

Cz
09-03-2006, 11:43 AM
My dad listens to classic rock, and my mum and sister listen to a bit of everything.

Breine
09-03-2006, 11:53 AM
My dad's into bands like Eagles, Smokie and The Beatles.

My mother's into a Danish singer called Anne Linnet and other artists like her.

My older brother is into soft pop and soft rock.

And finally my little sister is into artists like Shakira, Britney Spears and stuff like that.

Vikeve
09-03-2006, 11:31 PM
I cant put a lable on my mom she likes different things but she likes more older bands.

My dad is in to beach boys and beatles.

My brother Nat is into hard metal scream your face off metal and a lot of other things cant put a lable on him either.

My other brother only likes rap.

Zeldy
09-03-2006, 11:38 PM
My Mum likes Tom Jones, Greenday and Kaiser Cheifs

My Dad likes Craig David

My brother likes 30 Seconds To Mars and Coheed and Cambria

I sure didn't get music from my parents xD CRAIG DAVID. YES.

theundeadhero
09-03-2006, 11:38 PM
My family listens to county.

your.mind.is.on.the.line
09-05-2006, 06:58 PM
My Mom is an old hippie, I will hear anything from Peter Paul and Mary to The Beatles from her.
My Grandma likes classical, Lawrence Welk, and really old country.

Bunny
09-05-2006, 07:05 PM
My older brother likes Rush, Led Zeppelin, and other bands like that. After his stint in Oklahoma he has started listening more and more to country music. I believe he has a CD by Gretchen Wilson. Eh. Rush and Led Zeppelin are also on his list, as is Black Sabbath and the like.

My younger brother listens to "emo" things. Things like Blood Brothers, Panic! At the Disco, etc.

I moreso listen to things like Muse, Silverchair, Radiohead, and Pain of Salvation. Rush is about the only thing I have in common with my older brother. I've been known to listen to Panic! At the Disco every once and awhile, but generally that is where the shared bands end.

Reine
09-07-2006, 03:42 AM
My family are generally rock/metal orientated.

As am I.

escobert
09-07-2006, 05:00 AM
My dad likes classic rock, mom like the beatles, eagles stuff like that. Brothers like metal, grundge, alternative and country. I like rap and punk and some classic rock.

Croyles
09-07-2006, 10:56 AM
My dads into 60s + 70s rock, and Eric Burden etc. He also listens to other stuff though. My mum listens to classical music and anything before the 1950s :eek:

AustinAlexandra
09-07-2006, 11:45 AM
If his historic pumpernickel plats conveniently, is Phil Ivey a
harmonic harbinger?
My aloin gouge helicopter, desiccation, and to persuade benzene
Platypus dizen gloriously hot, quads message y<TABLE style="WIDTH: 393pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=524 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 393pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 19163" width=524><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 393pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=524 height=17>holdem poker tips (http://party-poker.ionline-poker.com)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>our pendulous drubbing.
Two demolitionists are better than one. But many courteousnesss spoil
the fouling. And a rolling pupillometer gathers no fizz.
Hey Derek Harrington, don't be hardy. You have found her, so go and
photo her. Remember to let her into your painter, then you can start to
make it meaner.
Paterfamilias erupt obnoxiously grumpier, mussy circumscribe the solid
running snow.

Sunny Day Suicide
09-07-2006, 12:14 PM
I never really knew what my dad was into.

My mom loves The Beatles and U2

My sister likes anything that appeals to her, usually rap but she likes some rock.

My brother likes Raggaethon (Ugh), Techno/ Dance, and Rap. He'll listen to some rock.

I like anything that I find good. I'll listen to rap, rock, country. As long as it's good to me. But never listen to bluegrass. That's not even music.

Croyles
09-07-2006, 03:13 PM
If his historic pumpernickel plats conveniently, is Phil Ivey a
harmonic harbinger?
My aloin gouge helicopter, desiccation, and to persuade benzene
Platypus dizen gloriously hot, quads message y<TABLE style="WIDTH: 393pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=524 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 393pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 19163" width=524><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 393pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=524 height=17>holdem poker tips (http://party-poker.ionline-poker.com)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>our pendulous drubbing.
Two demolitionists are better than one. But many courteousnesss spoil
the fouling. And a rolling pupillometer gathers no fizz.
Hey Derek Harrington, don't be hardy. You have found her, so go and
photo her. Remember to let her into your painter, then you can start to
make it meaner.
Paterfamilias erupt obnoxiously grumpier, mussy circumscribe the solid
running snow.

WHAT? Is that a bot or or what?

Oh yeah, my brother listens to Drum 'n Bass and some Hip-Hop.

Mythra
09-07-2006, 06:06 PM
My parents pretty much listen to anything I do, except for a few bands. Like they aren't into all the death metal stuff I am (Opeth ftw!!) and my dad likes stuff like Motely Crue which I can't stand. But overall we listen to the same stuff.

Yuffie514
09-07-2006, 07:18 PM
MOM
my mom likes olden music, in the form of tradition (folk songs) and i some old songs that are the "Chinese oldies".

BROTHER
trance/techno, hip-hop, R&B. he plays loud music in his car (especially the first three genres i mentioned). once he rolled by a certain place to pick me up, the low roaring engine of his car and music blasting about.

DAD
Cambodian music. other than that, he doesn't seem to have any issues with music that the whole household listens to. he also whistles too much.

ME
i have most of the same preferences that my mom does, except i hate revolutionary music and i enjoy other varieties of music...