PDA

View Full Version : HP Power Cord Notebook problem

Lionx
09-03-2006, 05:43 AM
I been using this laptop for under a year and it already has this problem. Pisses me off...

Just a day or two ago my laptop would suddenly like switch to battery power. I dont know why so i jiggled it, and it worked, however it got worst and worst, where only certain positions would it ever get power, and today just a few hours ago, it stopped working entirely...i shut it off to conserve battery..

All i have to say is, what causes this? I read that by dangling it down from a table or something can cause it which to me is utterly bull. Is there any way i can fix this on my own?

I also heard that sometimes getting a new cord wont help for various reasons and that its not covered by warranty...>_>; Any way i can prevent this from happening in the future and any solutions? I am going to call technical support tommorow.

crono_logical
09-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Sounds like a pretty flimsy laptop if dangling the cord is enough to damage the actual motherboard connector where you plug the power supply into :p

Roto13
09-03-2006, 02:57 PM
The same thing happened to me a few months ago. I brought it to where I bought it and they ordered a new one for me. It should be covered under the warranty.