PDA

View Full Version : Plothole? -spoilers obviously

No.78
09-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Tidus says he remembered Jecht singing the hymn of the fayth... But this is impossible, because Jecht never went back to Zanarkand after going to Spira (not in human form anyway)... So umm, what?

BTW, Any tips on the butterfly catching thing? It seems impossible to avoid catching that red butterfly on the corner. :/

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-03-2006, 12:50 PM
no jecht sang the hymn of the fayth before he went to spira, so he must have known it before he went./ i cant remember how he did tho? were we even told?

Captain Maxx Power
09-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Since the Zanarkand that Tidus and Jecht came from was basically being produced by the Fayth, it's possible that through some kind of subconcious thought the sound of the hymn was recognisable to all of it's citizens. Plus it's made clear that Tidus has knowledge of some of Yevon's customs (the Blitzball victory stance in Zanarkand is a sign of prayer/acknowledgment for Yevon).

Tavrobel
09-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Tidus says he remembered Jecht singing the hymn of the fayth... But this is impossible, because Jecht never went back to Zanarkand after going to Spira (not in human form anyway)... So umm, what?

The Al Bhed know the Hymn of the Fayth, too. Does that make things impossibly difficult? Maxx Power is wise and intelligent, but does that make him a bad Red Mage Pirate? Levian sucks, but does that make him suck?

Of course not.

No.78
09-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Since the Zanarkand that Tidus and Jecht came from was basically being produced by the Fayth, it's possible that through some kind of subconcious thought the sound of the hymn was recognisable to all of it's citizens. Plus it's made clear that Tidus has knowledge of some of Yevon's customs (the Blitzball victory stance in Zanarkand is a sign of prayer/acknowledgment for Yevon).

Makes sense!

The Al Bhed know the Hymn of the Fayth, too. Does that make things impossibly difficult? Maxx Power is wise and intelligent, but does that make him a bad Red Mage Pirate? Levian sucks, but does that make him suck?

Of course not.

Makes... No sense whatsoever? EXPLAIN!?

Tavrobel
09-03-2006, 04:14 PM
It makes perfect sense.

No.78
09-03-2006, 04:40 PM
But it doesn't I dunno what you're talking about O.o

Captain Maxx Power
09-03-2006, 05:42 PM
It makes perfect sense.

Of course it makes sense! He was saying how the al bhed know the hymn of the fayth, that Pirate Red Mages are stupid, and...

...hey, wait a sec!

Tavrobel
09-03-2006, 06:09 PM
ex dee to teh max!

You forgot about Levian, though.

IceAngel
09-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Yea neways Maxx Power is right. \i think the fayth just used it as their hymn coz it was what was a well known song in the old Zanarkand. Thats why they used it as a spiritual tune as they are connected with Yevon and all that blah blah :)

No.78
09-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Well, yesterday I spoke to maechen and he said that the zanarkand troops... Or the bevelle troops I can't quite remember, where like going across mount gagazet... Then they heard this song, and retreated saying "It's the song of the otherworld!" or something... Then Sin was born and crushed zanarkand, and it became the hymn of the fayth.

...so...?