PDA

View Full Version : freakiest final fantasy.

boys from the dwarf
09-03-2006, 09:58 PM
although final fantasy has never been perticularly about horror, a lot of them have a dark feel, creepy buildings and freaky, dramatic wierdness.

discuss which FF you think is the freakiest.

i think FF8.

heres my two cents on all of the FFs.

FF1. slight dark feel and a cool time loop but nothing scary or creepy or anything like that.

FF2. a lot of people die and it has a very dark feel. the way some of the characters speak is pretty dramatic and can make you feel something. more dark and scary than most FFs.

FF4. mind control and possesing as well as some real emotions. it is one of the darker FFs because of betrayal and stuff like that but i dont think it deserves to be called the freakiest.

FF5: has a happy light-hearted-ness and although it remains serious enough, its pretty light hearted and even the cleft of dimensions isnt really that wierd. it looks cool and the final boss looks mad but its too happy to be called the freakiest and darkest FF.

FF6: if i could remember FF6 very well i may change my mind and say FF6 is the freakiest. i remember on the floating continent where kefka nearly kills everyone and destroys the world, its dark and dramatic and he world of ruin is a wierd place and the music add to the drama. possibly the scariest, darkest and most dramatic FF.

FF7: seems slightly light hearted. its dramatic but not scary.

FF8: the time travel and time loops are a big part of FF8's freakiness. the sorceresses look strange and the part where you fight a lot of sorceresses in disk 4 is freaky, confusing and dramatic. ultimecias castle is probably the darkest and creepiest location in any FF. when you defeat adel her face explodes (its not the sort of thing where it just blows up. its just "bang!" and suddenly she has a back of her head but no face. similar to ultimecias final form. it probably symbolizes something.) the final boss looks freaky and i love the design. the way the boss is introduced and the music make it dramatic and scary.

FF9: possibly the most light hearted FF. not freaky. kuja and garland are good and dramatic but in nearly no way scary. garlands supposed to be scary but the dramaticness in FF9 overshadows the freakiness. you get more of an "OMG whats going on" feeling than a "this is freaking me out" feeling.

FFX: dark but not the freakiest. cant be bothered to elabourate.

this isnt saying FF is horrifying. im just saying that the drama and effect can give it a lot more feeling. FF is not scary.

what do you think the freakiest FF is?

Garn the Red
09-04-2006, 12:14 AM
FF7 is kinda freaky with all the Jenova stuff going on and the mass killings by sephiroth.The scene in the reactor with Jenova and the Mako monster's kinda creepy. Not to mentoin the game messes with your head alot.

theundeadhero
09-04-2006, 01:00 AM
I'll bet Rydia is pretty freaky.

Zeromus_X
09-04-2006, 01:04 AM
II, VI, VII, and VIII were pretty freaky.

Psychotic
09-04-2006, 01:25 AM
FFVII. Mr. Hangman is no laughing matter.

boys from the dwarf
09-04-2006, 07:57 AM
i laughed at mr. hangman. hes supposed to be funny. VI,VII and VII were definetly the freakiest. in FF7 the music on the world map when the meteor is coming is really dark and stuff.

Captain Maxx Power
09-04-2006, 11:58 AM
SQUALL DOESN'T HAVE A FACE!

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8182/ff8138ww5.jpg

Toodleena
09-04-2006, 01:27 PM
'Tis kind of scary in FFVII when you're in the flashback with Sephiroth at the reactor and you look into that "pod" and see that SOLDIER that's been exposed to loads of Mako >_<. And I think IX had it's scary moments...

Dell
09-04-2006, 03:03 PM
I cannot sleep at night after I hear Kuja and Sephiroth theme.

Seriously, FFVI is the freaky, that whole one year of destruction is kinda freaky, and the world looks rusty too, plants and animals are dying, towns are blown by Light of Judgment, Kefka dominate them! I was one of his servant.

Sefie1999AD
09-04-2006, 03:50 PM
FFVII had the huge trail of blood in the Shinra building, and when you follow it (note that there's the spooky Trail of Blood music playing in the background), you'll find everyone dead, and a guy who's dead on his desk with a sword through his back. Many people get killed by getting a sword through them too. The Honeybee Inn was freaky as well. Some weird horror movie playing, Cloud collapsing and getting slapped to full HP/MP by Mukki or taking a bath with him and some other guys, or just Cloud sneaking into the lady bees' dressing room and asking them to put some makeup on him. :eek:

BardTard
09-04-2006, 04:51 PM
FF7... I couldn't even keep up with it... lol it was like... WHOA! And I'm like WTF! :confused: lifestream... materia... meteor... shinra... turks? :mog: Yeah, FF7 was definitely strange. The freakiest of them all in my opinion.

boys from the dwarf
09-04-2006, 05:13 PM
in storyline i guess FF6 is the freakiest but FF8 has some of the freakiest location and animations. FF7 is definetly one of the freakiest and possibly the freakiest in general. is sort of unfair on the older FF's because they dont have as good graphics and cant look as freaky (although some of the places in older FFs have some sort of effect E.G. the chaos shrine in FF1.)

aerithsloveslave
09-06-2006, 12:35 PM
I would have to go with FF8 as the freakiest. When it came out, it looked and sounded (music) like a new Resident Evil game. I kept waiting for a mutant dog to jump out at me.

No.78
09-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Anima is freaky...

IceAngel
09-07-2006, 09:51 AM
FFVII is the lowest number FF i have played so VII is the freakiest. Yeah especially the trail of blood *shudders*

Yuffie514
09-08-2006, 10:09 AM
i guess i'm going to narrow it down to Final Fantasy VIII:

1) some of the music was chilling (A Succession of Witches)
2) monsters started falling from the moon
3) has anyone resented calling Ultimecia attractive yet?
4) mind/body possession, though i'm not afraid

black orb
09-10-2006, 02:02 AM
>>> FF1 NES..

Sylvie
09-10-2006, 02:21 AM
FFVII.

Dreddz
09-10-2006, 02:23 AM
FFVII, no doubt. One of the reasons why its such a great game...

RiseToFall
09-20-2006, 10:00 PM
VI, even the intro scared me.

boys from the dwarf
09-21-2006, 06:41 PM
come to think of it, aerisses ghost in the church on FF7 could be considered creepy and freaky.

~SapphireStar~
09-22-2006, 04:13 PM
FFVII had the huge trail of blood in the Shinra building, and when you follow it (note that there's the spooky Trail of Blood music playing in the background), you'll find everyone dead, and a guy who's dead on his desk with a sword through his back.
I have to agree, that part was mega freaky. The music just set the eerie mood!

The Infinite Telomerase
09-22-2006, 04:19 PM
Probably FFVII for it's ominous villain, bizarre cutscenes and confusing plot (although that last one is probably more down to poor execution than anything else).

Although Edea was rather unsettling in the beginning of FFVIII.

Fynn
09-23-2006, 12:41 PM
I'd go for VII. The temple of the Ancients was just mega-freaky. With Sephiroth manipulating Clud or the temple itself being the black materia. There were also those freaky stairs and giant rocks coming out of nowhere. And the clock with the creepy face. The music also set a freaky mood.
Or when you control Tifa when Mideel is destroyed by the flood of Lifestream. When you visited the interior of Clouds head and helped him come to his senses.
The Northern Cave was also kind of creepy, but not as much, as the Temple of the Ancients...

aquatius
09-23-2006, 01:10 PM
7 & 9, for someone to say 9 is light hearted is an obvious sign they didn't play it much. It had a lot of themes of war, violence and philosophy, arguably there is light heartedness in it, but I think they balance each other out. 7 has creepy music, flashbacks and themes, and Jenova is pretty freaky.

Rocket Edge
09-23-2006, 03:25 PM
VIII. Alot of freaky sorceress events & such could be considered freaky & unusual in a way..

Medi
09-23-2006, 04:01 PM
VI and VIII for all the reasons stated above.

Thane
09-23-2006, 04:08 PM
I would have to say FF VIII, because it was very atmospheric and the idea of time compression. Creepy!

Rengori
09-23-2006, 08:22 PM
VII had some pretty freaky moments.