PDA

View Full Version : The answer to the greatest gaming question has been answered.

KentaRawr!
09-03-2006, 10:47 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0e/Link_LOZ_with_items.png/130px-Link_LOZ_with_items.png
That is how he holds all his items.

Now that we have that one answered, what is something in a video game that really stands out as something that doesn't make any sense? Why don't they make sense to you?

Edit: The thread title has been ruined by my stupidity. u_u;

Zeromus_X
09-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Hah! That was in the instruction booklet, right? xD

Anyway,

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/050816.jpg

Cookie
09-03-2006, 10:50 PM
I don't understand why in X-2 they get changed for each cutscene.

Madame Adequate
09-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Why do the bad guys always have overwhelming numerical superiority?

KentaRawr!
09-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Because they're at level 8, which is 8 times 1, which is 7 more than 1, and 1 is where you first start out in the game.

Markus. D
09-03-2006, 11:52 PM
B)

answer me this.

why does Xenosaga II dominate all other RPGs?

KentaRawr!
09-03-2006, 11:53 PM
B)

answer me this.

why does Xenosaga II dominate all other RPGs?

Because of people who like KOS-MOS! =D

Markus. D
09-03-2006, 11:59 PM
zomg your right!

Roto13
09-04-2006, 01:19 AM
If I can't kill any of those villagers, they must be invincible. Why don't they go fight?

KentaRawr!
09-04-2006, 01:21 AM
If I can't kill any of those villagers, they must be invincible. Why don't they go fight?

If they were to do that, then they wouldn't be able to sell you random stuff.

Madame Adequate
09-04-2006, 01:41 AM
Speaking of which, by the end of the game, when you're clearly identified as 'the one' and you're off to save the world from certain doom, why does everyone still charge you full price for stuff?

KentaRawr!
09-04-2006, 01:44 AM
Speaking of which, by the end of the game, when you're clearly identified as 'the one' and you're off to save the world from certain doom, why does everyone still charge you full price for stuff?

Because you saving their butts would be in vain if they were all poor and died of starvation.

Shoeberto
09-04-2006, 02:06 AM
What are the chances that, while all of the other theoretical physicists in a secret underground laboratory are quivering in fear from the ensuing alien and US military invasion, that one has the nerve to actually go through the whole thing, picking up various weapons he's probably completely untrained in, all in an attempt to stop the whole thing from happening?

KentaRawr!
09-04-2006, 02:10 AM
What are the chances that, while all of the other theoretical physicists in a secret underground laboratory are quivering in fear from the ensuing alien and US military invasion, that one has the nerve to actually go through the whole thing, picking up various weapons he's probably completely untrained in, all in an attempt to stop the whole thing from happening?

Quite high, actually.

Goldenboko
09-04-2006, 02:10 AM

Because he's pissed off.

Markus. D
09-04-2006, 05:37 AM
can you type with boxing gloves on?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-04-2006, 06:06 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0e/Link_LOZ_with_items.png/130px-Link_LOZ_with_items.png
That is how he holds all his items.http://www.lastupload.com/files/23/aomgs1p58ff.png

Sephex
09-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Nice.

fantasyjunkie
09-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Or why does the main character aways have some kind of scruffy hairdo? All that fame driving them mad? :eek:

stuffing
09-04-2006, 05:52 PM
He has no PANTS! I DEMAND JUSTICE :mog:

KentaRawr!
09-04-2006, 06:11 PM
But Kishi, where is the cardboard box?

Captain Maxx Power
09-04-2006, 07:47 PM
How can someone be shot, stabbed, set on fire, crushed under rocks, sliced, frozen, electricuted and blown up, yet only be truly killed off from one hit from the central antagonist?

Slicksword45
09-04-2006, 08:15 PM
How come Gorden Freeman is invincable untill he puts on that stuiped suit, giving him a health and armor? can't he stay invincable?

Markus. D
09-04-2006, 10:46 PM
But Kishi, where is the cardboard box?

cant you see.

in his Buldge ovcourse.

Rengori
09-05-2006, 04:44 AM
Why does Laharl feel sympathy for Flonne when she gets turned into a flower? Flonne sucked.

KentaRawr!
09-05-2006, 05:36 AM
How can someone be shot, stabbed, set on fire, crushed under rocks, sliced, frozen, electricuted and blown up, yet only be truly killed off from one hit from the central antagonist?

He leveled up. :)

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-05-2006, 06:48 AM
Why does Laharl feel sympathy for Flonne when she gets turned into a flower? Flonne sucked.

Because he wuvs her :love:

Markus. D
09-05-2006, 07:45 AM
Flonne didnt suck at all.

does everyone remember when as she infiltrated, she was Mocking Ninjas, it was awesome. and I laughed, and then finished eating my taco dinner ^-^.

nik0tine
09-05-2006, 08:52 AM
How is it that the hero wins every single time?

Rengori
09-05-2006, 08:56 AM
I'd like to point out the Defenders of Earth, who got their asses handed to them by Laharl and had to become vassals under him.

Flonne didnt suck at all.

does everyone remember when as she infiltrated, she was Mocking Ninjas, it was awesome. and I laughed, and then finished eating my taco dinner ^-^.
She was funny for a short while, but like you never wanted to poke her eye out with a spork whenever she starting ranting about love.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
09-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Why do I sometimes accidentally step through walls

KentaRawr!
09-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Why do I sometimes accidentally step through walls

Game Genie FTW.

Slicksword45
09-05-2006, 08:40 PM
why is the big red button always a doomsday button?

Markus. D
09-05-2006, 11:03 PM

play Drakengard.

then ask that question again, if you can ovcourse.

Reine
09-06-2006, 02:48 PM

play Drakengard.

Indeed :(

StarlightAngel
09-06-2006, 04:25 PM
She was funny for a short while, but like you never wanted to poke her eye out with a spork whenever she starting ranting about love.

DDDDDDDDDDDD=

Flonne is awesome! D=

How does sleeping at an inn cure all of your HP/MP? o.o

Ender
09-06-2006, 08:25 PM
How is it that you and your companions risked your lives skirting death at every turn through seven levels of monster-infested dungeon/temple and at the final level some courageous but weak NPC you met earlier in the game is standing there waiting for the heroes to arrive, telling you "I followed (evil badguy) after he stole (village heirloom) but I can't get any further! You have to stop him!"

And if he was able to get through on his own, why the hell wasn't he looting all the treasure on his way, why are the traps not disarmed, and why are other path impediments (secret doors, switches etc. etc.) not activated/revealed???

FallenAngel411
09-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Why don't any of the other villagers get caught in random battles while you're running around the burning carcasses of the remnants of their homes?? 3:

bipper
09-06-2006, 08:46 PM
How come when meteor is gonna crash in three days or [insert timed delema here] I can stay at the inn as much as I want?

Skyblade
09-07-2006, 01:13 AM
How come when meteor is gonna crash in three days or [insert timed delema here] I can stay at the inn as much as I want?

That's a temporal equivalent of hammerspace. Only plot events have temporal effects. Just like a character can only really die in a cutscene. Plot-time and World-time run differently.

Skarr
09-07-2006, 01:24 AM
Why is it when a group of kids or teens are trying to save the world, nobody has sex like normal teens would do?

Markus. D
09-07-2006, 02:02 AM
Why is it when a group of kids or teens are trying to save the world, nobody has sex like normal teens would do?

because Kite was able to act mature enough towards Black Rose and NOT cyb3r her.

Tavrobel
09-07-2006, 02:02 AM
Why is it that when you go on a sidequest for a weapon, by the time you get the weapon, you've already got something which is equivalent, or almost as good, or maybe that your life would be have been not at all easier if you had the quested item in the first place?

Why does the heroine always have perfect teeth?

Why is everything needlessly justified?

Markus. D
09-07-2006, 02:14 AM

play Drakengard.

Indeed :(

;-;

Odaisé Gaelach
09-07-2006, 02:19 AM

Why do you think they have tents in Final Fantasy? ;)

Skyblade
09-07-2006, 03:05 AM

Why do you think they have tents in Final Fantasy? ;)

Or, more accurately, why are the tents completely worn out after a single use..?

nik0tine
09-07-2006, 03:07 AM
What are the odds that any group of four people would survive that many random encounters without one single person dying?

Psychotic
09-07-2006, 03:15 AM
Why are there always explosive barrels?

Decessus
09-07-2006, 03:18 AM
Why would a long haired momma's boy summon a meteor that takes 7 days to hit when he could make a super nova destroy the universe in 3 minutes?

Rengori
09-07-2006, 03:37 AM
How did Cloud get shot between the eyes while going probably 80 mph on a motorcycle and live?

bipper
09-07-2006, 03:54 AM

That's a temporal equivalent of hammerspace. Only plot events have temporal effects. Just like a character can only really die in a cutscene. Plot-time and World-time run differently.

hardly justified :)

Odaisé Gaelach
09-07-2006, 04:09 AM
And who the hell is this guy anyway?

nik0tine
09-07-2006, 04:22 AM
And who the hell is this guy anyway?
Why, he's the G-man, of course.

Markus. D
09-07-2006, 04:40 AM
How did Cloud get shot between the eyes while going probably 80 mph on a motorcycle and live?

well, that movie is classed as a Fantasy Genre.

just like Tifa getting swung around into a crowd of wooden chairs... Repeatedly. and not suffering a bruise.

ps: funny thing with me and that scene..., the only time I actually felt like "ow that must have hurt" was when Marlene threw the Materia at Loz :P

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-07-2006, 08:25 AM

hardly justified :)The characters don't actually go to sleep. They just turn out the lights for a few seconds and play a soothing jingle.

Markus. D
09-07-2006, 04:24 PM
What are the odds that any group of four people would survive that many random encounters without one single person dying?

level ups recover to full health and mp n_n

Araciel
09-08-2006, 10:52 AM
how come eating a hamburger off the ground restores your health, doing a jumping tornado kick drains it, sleeping in a bed restores it, sometimes falling in water kills you, sometimes you can swim, sometimes you sink, sometimes you float and cant dive?

how come you can't break into those cars and stuff? how come people don't mind (most of the time..) if you barge into their house and poke around everywhere, taking whatever heirloom you find lying in a treasure chest? how come reading a comic book can teach you special combat techniques?

how come when a bad guy dies, his body flashes and disappears? how come sometimes you can loot his body and sometimes you can't, and if you can, it's usually something like the one key you need and not the five bucks in his wallet?

bipper
09-08-2006, 03:01 PM

hardly justified :)The characters don't actually go to sleep. They just turn out the lights for a few seconds and play a soothing jingle.

justified.
Another; where did thouse freakin invisible walls come from? :(

Araciel
09-08-2006, 03:04 PM
darn invisible walls...they are the bane of my digital existence

Rengori
09-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Another; where did thouse freakin invisible walls come from? :(
The force.

Gnostic Yevon
09-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Why is it that staying at an inn restores your health completely?

Why is it true that any time the world is in danger 1 and only one group of heros is attempting to solve the problem?

Why are all valuable items hidden in caves in games when most people use banks?

Why must every hero be under the age of 18?

Why is the important switch always behind the waterfall?

Why can't I smash locked doors with my ax?

Why is a Katamari about 6cm in diameter able to become a star? And what does "snackish" mean anyway?

StarlightAngel
09-09-2006, 12:06 AM
Hey, Laharl isn't under 18. He's 1313 D<

oddler
09-09-2006, 12:56 AM
One of us RPG makers should seriously take these ideas and frustrations and build a game out of them. Give the people what they want, etc., etc.

Freya
09-09-2006, 07:07 AM
Why can't you loot a murloc scale off a murloc, but somehow it carries a 66 silver?

How does everyone know that you once kicked a chicken?

Why do the monsters stand around when you choose what spell to cast?

How do snakes hold gil? And where do they hide it for that matter?

KentaRawr!
09-09-2006, 01:32 PM
How do snakes hold gil? And where do they hide it for that matter?

They ate the golden chicken eggs, of course.

Mirage
09-09-2006, 03:59 PM

Because the player characters have a continue/retry option, while NPCs don't. :p