PDA

View Full Version : Batman Returns

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-04-2006, 12:15 AM
What do you think of Batman Returns? I like Batman Returns but it's too bad that the initial reaction of the film was negative. Many people have criticized the film as overly dark, sadistic, unsettling, and deemed it as inappropriate for children. Mcdonalds had planned a marketing tie-in with the film but cancelled it after advocate groups protested against it. This negative reaction prompted Warner Brothers to try a different approach to the franchise. This led to the birth of the two campy Batman films directed by Jole Schumacher : Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. Originally Tim Burton was going to direct the third Batman movie, Micheal Keaton was going to return as Batman, and Billy Dee Willams was going to repraise his role as Harvey Dent, an appearance from Catwoman was possible since she survived the events of the previous film...But when Warners Brothers realized that the tone of the movie was going to be dark similar to Batman Returns they hired a new director. Schumacher tossed all of Burton's ideas out the window he cast Tommy Lee Jones as Harvey Dent and he had someone else replace Danny Elfman as the score composer. Keaton was unhappy with the lighter in tone script and the absence of Tim Burton so he turned down the role. Also Jole Schumacher is openly gay so that explains the ridiculous groin and ass shots. By the way I going to buy Batman and Batman Returns on DVD should I get the bare bones DVDs or the special edition DVDs? I thought about getting the special edition DVDs but I heard the special edition version of Batman Returns has a scene cut from it, no director commentary, and a very noticeable audio glitch.

I Took the Red Pill
09-04-2006, 12:23 AM
This was my favorite Batman of the pre-Batman Begins. Danny Devito was delightful as The Penguin.

fantasyjunkie
09-04-2006, 10:33 AM
The first two Batmans were the best. Good story lines! The next 2 movies stunk! :mad2:

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-05-2006, 06:19 AM
You got that right both of those movies practically destroyed the franchise!:mad: Especially Batman & Robin considering how poorly the acting was done and how poorly the plot was written I still can't believe Warner Brothers decided to release that-that abomination of a film.:mad: *Shakes head and scoffs* smurfing idiots...They were better off with Tim Burton as the director but noooooo they had to fire him and hire Jole Schumacher.:rolleyes2 *Sarcasm* Good call Warner Brothers! *Gives Warner Brothers a mock thumbs up and a fake smile*
By the way have any of you ever played and beat Batman Returns on the Super Nintendo?...Because I haven't I wish I could say that I did but I never owned Batman Returns on the SNES. I rented it at BlockBuster for three days and then I had to bring it back so I didn't have enough time to beat it.

Breine
09-05-2006, 02:31 PM
It's the best Batman film ever made, and it is probably one of my favourite movies when it comes down to it. Danny DeVito is just amazing as The Penguin and Michelle Pfeiffer is just pure genius as Catwoman. Love it!