PDA

View Full Version : Caps

crono_logical
09-04-2006, 12:23 AM
People that type in block/all-caps are retards. This includes your work colleagues/bosses when they email you like so trying to gain your attention by thinking it looks more important.

Discuss.

Psychotic
09-04-2006, 12:25 AM
The first person who replies to this thread in all caps because they think it's funny sucks.

The tenth person sucks even more.

Roto13
09-04-2006, 12:26 AM
I think he was being serious.

Tavrobel
09-04-2006, 12:26 AM
Does this mean that Christmas sucks? She won't be happy about that...

EDIT: I think he deleted his post. cl_out did it!

Madame Adequate
09-04-2006, 12:27 AM
What pisses me off is people who use capslock to create a single capital letter.

WTF DO YOU THINK THE SMURFING SHIFT KEY IS THERE FOR? DON'T BE LAME, YOU CAN PRESS TWO BUTTONS AT ONCE!!!

Zeromus_X
Yeah, pretty much.

crono_logical
Does this mean that Christmas sucks? She won't be happy about that...Yes :p Christmas also sucks in that it only exists for money purposes these days :p

Miriel
I first read the thread title as "capes" and now I'm disappointed. :(

I type in all caps sometimes.

LUKEJAKE17
09-04-2006, 12:28 AM
I DELETED MY POST BY ACCIDENT!. "WELL I THINK YOUR A RETARD AND THIS TOPIC SHOULD BE LOCKED BECAUSE ITS PATHETIC!" there it is again...

Shiny
09-04-2006, 12:29 AM
The capslock key shouldn't have been created.

LUKEJAKE17
09-04-2006, 12:29 AM
I think he was being serious.
I WAS DEFINITELY BEING SERIOUS! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Tavrobel
09-04-2006, 12:30 AM

Agreed. It's more of a hassle having right next to the A button than it is useful. If I type in capitals, I use the Shift key, like REAL PEOPLE! Also to get points across when necessary.

Odaisé Gaelach
09-04-2006, 12:30 AM
This includes your work colleagues/bosses when they email you like so trying to gain your attention by thinking it looks more important.

What if it is important?

Roto13
09-04-2006, 12:31 AM
Buh bye, Lukejake.

PyroManiak
LOL IM RETARDED!!!
ISNT THAT FUNNY??

omg... never realized it really does look that annoying... o well i still thinking posting in all caps is fun

if it were up to me... no one except for me wuld be able to type in all caps... there really is no way around it....a non-caps rule is too ridiculous they shuld just leave the cap rule off and keep dealing with caps like they used to

Zeldy
I don't pay attention to people typing in all caps

Miriel
09-04-2006, 12:32 AM
LUKEJAKE17, stop that.

Ryth
09-04-2006, 12:33 AM

Something we can all agree on. Typing every little sentence and phrase in all capitals makes you look absolutely moronic.

Yamaneko
09-04-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm going to bust some CAPS in some asses.

Wait what?

Roto13
09-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Sometimes I'll use caps to hilight a word or small part of a sentence, just because I'm too lazy to use itallics. That's it.

Odaisé Gaelach
09-04-2006, 12:44 AM
The only thing worse than posting in caps is posting in caps that have been made bigger with the [SIZE="7"] tags.

Vikeve
09-04-2006, 12:51 AM
I most of the time dont pay any attention sometimes it comes in handy but not most of the time.

Fonzie
09-04-2006, 01:01 AM
Caps seperate the boys from the men, or is that the other way around?

Anaisa
09-04-2006, 01:20 AM
Some people can make all caps look good. Like my brother, an Christmas.

Rengori
09-04-2006, 01:22 AM
I never use caps lock. If I do type something all caps for any reason I use the Shift key like everyone else should.

Meat Puppet
09-04-2006, 01:31 AM
I'm not bothered by all caps. It's people who add minuscule tints of blue to previously white text that really get on my nerves!

daggertrepe
09-04-2006, 01:33 AM
I only use these when I'm mad, so watch out!

DarkLadyNyara
09-04-2006, 01:33 AM
People that type in block/all-caps are retards. This includes your work colleagues/bosses when they email you like so trying to gain your attention by thinking it looks more important.

Discuss.
Yeah, that's pretty irritating. Worse are the people who POST LIKE THIS because they think it somehow makes their arguements seem meaningful. (In fact, it does the opposite.)It's the online version of the kinds of idiots who have no idea what they're talking about, but think that if they can yell louder than everyone else, they win by default.

The only thing worse than posting in caps is posting in caps that have been made bigger with the [size="7"] tags. Exactly. :mad:

KentaRawr!
09-04-2006, 01:36 AM
Earlier today, I was banned from #eoff for saying "CAPS? No, no caps."

:(

Rengori
09-04-2006, 01:37 AM
Something I hate more than Size 7 all caps are size 7 all lowercase. They look even less educated than.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-04-2006, 01:42 AM

Discuss.
Yeah, that's pretty irritating. Worse are the people who POST LIKE THIS because they think it somehow makes their arguements seem meaningful. (In fact, it does the opposite.)It's the online version of the kinds of idiots who have no idea what they're talking about, but think that if they can yell louder than everyone else, they win by default.

The only thing worse than posting in caps is posting in caps that have been made bigger with the [size="7"] tags. Exactly. :mad:

:) very very well said

Nominus Experse
09-04-2006, 01:48 AM
People that seem uncapable of avoiding or not using the Caps Lock key annoy the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of me... It's immature, stupid, and shows a lack of care and respect for all that have to endure such meaningless posts.

I mean, honestly, what posseses an individual to pound the Caps Lock key and just type away rather than occassionally press two keys at once? It gives order and rythm to a post, letter, anything. I fail to see why people do such things.

On another note, I found a method to eliminate the hasle of the cursed Caps Lock key, though I dearly wish there was a way to do this to others' computers as well...

Download kbdussw.dll (http://pergatory.mit.edu/perg/resources/Windows2000/kbdussw.dll) and save it to c:\winnt\system32\

As administrator, open the windows registry (by running c:\winnt\regedit.exe) and add the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts\00060409
Layout File: REG_SZ: KBDUSSW.DLL
Layout Text: REG_SZ: US-CapsLock is Control

1. Add the new key
http://pergatory.mit.edu/perg/resources/Windows2000/CapsLock1.gif
2. And call it 00060409
http://pergatory.mit.edu/perg/resources/Windows2000/CapsLock2.gif
3. Add the appropriate string values
http://pergatory.mit.edu/perg/resources/Windows2000/CapsLock3.gif
4. These are the two values that need to be set.
http://pergatory.mit.edu/perg/resources/Windows2000/CapsLock4.gif

Log off and log on as a user.

As the individual user (NOT the administrator!!!!!!!!!), open the windows registry (by running c:\winnt\regedit.exe) and add the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload
2: REG_SZ: 00000409
1: REG_SZ: 00060409

5. Rename the existing string value to 2
http://pergatory.mit.edu/perg/resources/Windows2000/CapsLock5.gif
6. add the new string value and name it 1
http://pergatory.mit.edu/perg/resources/Windows2000/CapsLock6.gif
Log off and log back on - the Caps Lock key should now function like the CTRL key.

There is a method that you can use via the Accesibilty Options on the Control Panel, too, but it doesn't completely eliminate the Caps Lock like this does.

Hambone
09-04-2006, 05:06 AM
Yeah I don't take a message seriously if it's in caps.

rubah
09-04-2006, 05:50 AM
"I used caps because it's easier to read and I wanted everyone to read that"

Raistlin
09-04-2006, 05:57 AM
What pisses me off is people who use capslock to create a single capital letter.

WTF DO YOU THINK THE SMURFING SHIFT KEY IS THERE FOR? DON'T BE LAME, YOU CAN PRESS TWO BUTTONS AT ONCE!!!

I agree completely. :D

Jojee
09-04-2006, 06:11 AM

I agree completely. :D Ew, I agree too. Gross.

In fact, I don't like caps lock... Too used to the shift key XD I USE THE SHIFT KEY EVEN TO TYPE COMPLETE SENTENCES IN CAPS. ...I don't think I ever touch the caps lock o_o;;

Rase
09-04-2006, 06:16 AM
I completely agree, it's annoying like no other. I also hate it when I accidently hit Caps Lock instead of Shift. I usually don't notice for a few seconds, and then I have to delete and retype everything. :mad2:

Sunny Day Suicide
09-04-2006, 06:22 AM

LOL!

But yeah, It's stupid.

Jessweeee♪
09-04-2006, 06:23 AM
I LIKE USING CAPS!!!!
But it is annoying when people constantly type in caps :P
My parents do that so whenever I get on the computer the caps are on.
I HATE WEN PPL TYPE N ALL CAPS AND DON'T FINISH THEIR SENTENCES WITH PERIODS THEY DON'T SEPARATE THEM EITHER AND IT GETS ANNOYING 3$P3$HI@11Y 7H3 1'$ \/\/H0 7YP3 1IK3 7HI$!!!!!!!!11111111111111SHIFT+1

starseeker
09-04-2006, 08:33 AM
For me someone typing in caps is shouting at everyone. It really pisses me off since I hate being shouted at in real life. Caps just makes people look immature.

Sephex
09-04-2006, 08:44 AM
I have a problem remembering that the caps lock exisits. For example, when I type a whole word in caps, I usually hold down the shift key the entire time.

Levian
09-04-2006, 08:51 AM
This includes your work colleagues/bosses when they email you like so trying to gain your attention by thinking it looks more important.

Ah, common phenomenon, that. I've worked in grocery stores and the caps and grammar error ratio is scaringly high. :D I would post pictures of some examples, but it would all be in Norwegian and Loony BoB would ban me. I swear none of my bosses know how to write their own language.

All Caps, eh? I can't say it has bothered me all that much. Although people like CHOCOBO KEV is hard to forget. I guess the reason I don't find it annoying is because they are usually stopped by the knights/operators before I start finding it annoying. However, I may use the Caps function every now and then in #eoff. In fact, I'm banned because of it right now. :cool:

Cz
09-04-2006, 09:19 AM
The Caps lock is a useful tool, in that it sorts the unworthy in society into an easily identifiable group, allowing for more efficient persecution.

I'm unable to take ALLCAPS messages seriously. A person might be making valid points, but unless their writing is neatly set out it's difficult to respect their opinion. Personally I think the whole world would be better off if the key didn't exist.

Lawr
09-04-2006, 09:21 AM
REEFER
Do you hate me? Am I BEING RETARDED!?:kaolaugh:

Psydekick
09-04-2006, 09:37 AM
Christmas uses caps, so i guess they rock

Quindiana Jones
09-04-2006, 10:35 AM
PPL HOO TYP LIEK DIS R EVN MOR TARDD.

No really they are.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
09-04-2006, 02:29 PM
Using capital letters are OK when you want to emphasise on a certain word or term

Old Manus
09-04-2006, 02:36 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/oldmanus/capslock.jpg

Maybe this signals the end of LITTLE MANUS?

Christmas
09-04-2006, 02:56 PM
IS THIS THREAD ABOUT THE AWESOMENESS OF CAPS??? THIS IS MY FAVOURTIE CAP. :bigsmile:

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/4446/caphc3.jpg

Moon Rabbits
09-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Some people can make all caps look good. <s>Like my brother, an</s> Christmas.

Fix'd

Resha
09-04-2006, 04:15 PM
REEFER
Do you hate me? Am I BEING RETARDED!?:kaolaugh:

I LOVE you xD :heart:

As for me, I'm a chronic CAPSER. Yeah, I am. Woe to the person who dun take me seriously. :greenie: CAPS is just so emotive, so meaningful! I always send people emails in all caps xD because it sounds like I have something desperate and dire to say.

Quindiana Jones
09-04-2006, 05:05 PM

Fix'd

Yeah I agree with that. Your brother's caps are annoying :bigsmile:

Dell
09-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Sometimes I'll use caps to highlight a word or small part of a sentence, just because I'm too lazy to use itallics. That's it.

Me too.

Ew, I agree too. Gross.

In fact, I don't like caps lock... Too used to the shift key XD I USE THE SHIFT KEY EVEN TO TYPE COMPLETE SENTENCES IN CAPS. ...I don't think I ever touch the caps lock o_o;;

Me too!!!

For me someone typing in caps is shouting at everyone. It really pisses me off since I hate being shouted at in real life. Caps just makes people look immature.

I like being immature! In fact, I am. So I must use Caps Lock.....

TEH FF10 SUCKS N DICERVS AN OUTCAS DEY SOULD BII KCILL N BII DISTROED!!! WOOT? YU DISAKRI? YU SUCKS1!!!1!!!!1!!!ONE &#&#*&#*%##@*%#@%#%@%@#%*#@)&

Reine
09-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Its only good when the caps are used for humour (Christmas, the godlike object that brings us all laughter) and random conversations on IRC...but I dislike it when its used for yelling and trying to get attention

Caps lock is for pussies. Real men hold down shift

Also, Kentarou, you were banned by a not, not an op, it happens if you get x kicks in x time (Which is how I get banned from #eoff every so often, if it isnt Kat..)

Drift
09-04-2006, 07:48 PM
christmas is a girl?

-N-
09-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Some people can make all caps look good. Like my brother, an Christmas.Agreed. Don't hate them for being good.

REEFER
Do you hate me? Am I BEING RETARDED!?:kaolaugh:xD

Fuego
09-04-2006, 08:02 PM
ummm .... caps are ok ... i don't see why ppl who use them are dumb.

oh well whatever nevermind

Rengori
09-04-2006, 08:55 PM
i don't see why ppl who use them are dumb.
All caps shows that the person making the post thinks that by doing something equivelent to yelling at you make their argument more meaningful. Rather people ignore it.

Fuego
09-04-2006, 09:09 PM
I understand how its like yelling.
thats not cool ...
But i am too high to care ... i mean ... hi, hows it goin :D :lol:
~J/K

Roto13
09-04-2006, 09:19 PM
All caps is only slightly more annoying than no caps at all. :P

Jess
09-04-2006, 09:22 PM
It BoThErS mE mOrE wHeN pEoPlE tYpE iN iNvErTeD cApS.

:-\

Roto13
09-04-2006, 09:27 PM
I oNlY dO tHaT wHeN i WaNt To UsE mY mInD pOwErS1!1!

Anaisa
09-04-2006, 09:46 PM

Fix'd

Yeah I agree with that. Your brother's caps are annoying :bigsmile:

Oh well, that only compliments his entertainment value. Since despite people disliking his typing in all caps, they were still interested in reading his posts.