PDA

View Full Version : Game Bosses

Goldenboko
09-04-2006, 12:56 AM
I made a thread a while ago like this one (See Final Summon). I want alittle feedback on some boss battles that I made.

I'll start with my Favorite...

Ultimate Sephiroth

I made him as an FFVII Tribute side boss which you could unlock in The Ultimate Battle arena of my game. Before you can fight him you must defeat regular Sephiroth in the Sephiroth Side Quest(These side quests have nothing to do with the games story when playing the game its just for fun fights)

Recommended Party:
This is the ONLY party I have been able to beat him with

Character 1-Vion level 99 (Main Character must be in party)
Vion is a Black Mage but also can do good physical damage
Stats= Hp7040 Mp 999 Atk 916(By this point of the game you will be relying on skills so Atk is pretty worthless, unless you have Vions Python Blade, or the skill has an atk variance) Defence 533 Intellect 999 Spd 744
Important Skills: Ultima 3 9,999 damage to all enemies (Must be earned via sidequest)

Character 2-Lavitz level 99
Lavitz is a Duelswordsmen who is one of the best characters in the game...
Stats= Hp 8080 Mp 448 Attack 999 Defence 624 Intellect 677 Speed 855
Important Skills: Dnakranaz Fo Rorret, does around 9,999 damage (Dnakranaz Fo Rorret = Terror of Zanarkand spelt backwords :D), and
Terror Of Zanarkand, can only be used when Lavitz as 25% of his Hp or less, hits 12 times doing 1000 damage each hit.

Character 3- Lin level 99
Lin is a warroir monk who has the second highest Hp of all the regular characters.
Stats= Hp 9,847 Mp 389 Atk 977 Defence 840 Intellect 320 Agility 919
Important Skills: She won't be attacking much shes here just for her high Hp and agility, she'll use Mega-Phoenixes (Heals everyone by Half of Max Hp and revives all dead party members with Half of Max Hp) or Elixers all of her turns.

Character 4- General
General is an unlockable character which can only be recieved through the Volunteer side quest he is unavailable during story related boss battles, and doesn't appear in any movies
Stats= Hp 9,999 Mp 999 Attack 1 (He doesn't attack only uses spells) Defence 277 Intellect 343 Agility 572
Important Attacks: Elder's Flame, Gurenteed 9,999 damage.

Ulimate Sephiroths Stats and Attacks
Hp 99,999 Mp 9,999
All of his stats are completely maxed and he has different forms.
When the fight starts he uses Super Nova (Always)
Super Nova= 7,000+ damage and can blind and silence it hits the entire party (Don't worry there are ribbons)
So even the best parties start with The main character (Vion) dead, and possibly more depending on the characters.
From there his attacks can be...
Super Nova= Already explained
Ultima 3= I set this on the lowest possiblity ever he's never used it in any battle I've seen 9,999 damage
Ultima Curing= Heals 9,999 and inflicts immune status (Immune status= Evades all attacks, heals 5% of max Hp each turn for Sephy that 4,999 And 2% of max Mp healed each turn, and it doubles all stats) if he uses this immeditly use a Dispel grenade!
Curse= 3,000 damage and all bad status affects in the game are inflicted
Triple Flare= 9,999 and can inflict death status so Defend may not save you.
Heartless Angel= Ditto
Exploder 3= 5000+ damage

Once you do 15% of his Max Hp he will have two clones fight with him the clones will only use Heartless Angel and have 19998 Hp.

Once you kill the Clones and Lowwer Sephy's Hp to 15% he will power up to True Sephiroth form

True Sephiroth
Hp= 50,000 And all other stats are maxed
In this form he only uses Mega Death and Meteor

Meteor= 8,000 damage to all party members
Mega Death= Lowwers Hp to 1.

Once you lowwer his Hp to 25% he will have one last form.

Final Sephiroth
Hp=20000 All other stats maxed
This form will Use Countdown and then next turn crush you with Ultima 3. So basically its you kill him before he kills you.

Well does it sound fun? Or hard?
I want some feedback so I can get info from people other then myself (I never hate my own work) and my friends who I don't trust to be honest sometimes...

If I get decent feedback I will return with another boss.

PyroManiak
09-04-2006, 01:14 AM
optional bosses are supposed to be hard so this is fine as long as you make the reward for the fight REALLY good..:tongue:

Goldenboko
09-04-2006, 01:18 AM
optional bosses are supposed to be hard so this is fine as long as you make the reward for the fight REALLY good..:tongue:

(Laughs nervously) Reward...

Oops. All I thought to give was the Master Warroir item(Showes you've beaten Ultimate Sephy)...

Zeromus_X
09-04-2006, 01:22 AM
Uphold the tradition of useless trinkets! :cat:

But yeah, he looks...pretty difficult. How many tries did it take you to beat him?

Goldenboko
09-04-2006, 01:25 AM
Lost count in fustration after 7... (Probably eight once I get fustrated I get lucky) depends how lucky you are... (I've once seen 5 Super Novas in a row!)

Also it is impossible to win without having a ribbons I found that out the hard way...
But is a fun battle. The first time I won I finished with 1 Hp on my characters(Damn Mega-Death!).

- Also I forgot that Mega-Death may randomly reoccur.

vivi the master
09-04-2006, 01:16 PM
nice but sounds as hard as penace or ozma or something like that

Slicksword45
09-04-2006, 01:29 PM
is one winged angle playing?

anyway, it sounds cool. knowing me I'd screw up and die every time :)

Markus. D
09-04-2006, 01:41 PM
needs differant characters.

differant names.

a more strategic approach so your not just pwning your way through.

other then that, good :]

Reine
09-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Needs more originality

Goldenboko
09-04-2006, 04:07 PM
is one winged angle playing?

anyway, it sounds cool. knowing me I'd screw up and die every time :)

Of course One-Winged Angel is playing

Captain Maxx Power
09-04-2006, 07:48 PM
My Top 16 bosses can be found here;

http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/02/colossus_box.jpg

Slicksword45
09-04-2006, 08:17 PM
My Top 16 bosses can be found here;

http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/02/colossus_box.jpg

O_o wow.

that game rocks.

Avarice-ness
09-04-2006, 10:10 PM
You see I love the Doom Train. Not only do you have to run away from him, but when you give him a pheonix down he let's you go. I don't believe that he is defeated by the pheonix down, I think that he just collects them and figures you were nice enough to give it to him, so he lets you go and takes Cyans wife and kid. :)

Goldenboko
09-05-2006, 12:00 AM
Well I got some decent feedback so I'll post my next boss...

Boss=
Bahamut (Name may be changed if I could think of something better suggestions would be nice)
(Picture and Battle music included)

Stats= Hp 50000 Mp 9999 Atk 800 Def 555 Intellect 555 Agility 800

Attacks Unlike Ultimate Sephiroth he has very few attacks (Only 4)
Regular Attacks
Attack= A physical attack which will do from 800-1000 damage (Characters defence is a factor) priority- 31
Holy 3- 2000+ damage priority- 30
Mega-Death= Mega Death is the thing that makes this battle interesting, it is MUCH different then Ultimate Sephy's. It kills all characters execpt an Ultima user (AKA main character) It is a two turn attack One turn he uses MEGA- and next turn he kills everyone but Vion with DEATH. priority- 28
Cure 2- Heals 1000+ Note- He only uses this once he has been lowwer to 25% of his Hp. Priority- 27

I'll post my strategies to beat him once I get a couple guesses.