PDA

View Full Version : Do u think?

FF7Cr@zy
09-04-2006, 02:46 AM
Should there b a remake of ff7 on the ps3 i think if they do make it it will kill halo 3 and there next upcoming system;)

Dragon Mage
09-04-2006, 02:48 AM
Absolutely. A remake would only make the game even better. I would love to see a remake.

Zeromus_X
09-04-2006, 02:49 AM
Yeah, that'd be nice.

Aralith
09-04-2006, 02:59 AM
The fanboy side of me says, "Yes, yes! Go for it!" But my reasonable side is saying, "Would it really be that good of an idea?" I mean, come on. The original game was magnificent, and although I wouldn't mind an update in graphics and whatnot, a bit of the PS1 touch would be lost. I really liked the rustic kind of look that the PS1 cinemas had to them, whereas the cinemas in the newest installment, Dirge of Cerberus, seemed very smoothed out and somewhat unrealistic. However, the fanboy side is definitely winning, so yes, I'd love to see a remake.

Sunny Day Suicide
09-04-2006, 03:54 AM
No way. FFVII has too many. Great game but geez. When is there a sequel to FFVI or IX?

Dragon Mage
09-04-2006, 03:58 AM
Those games did not rock as much as 7 did. Besides a remake would clear up a few things that the creators missed explaining the first time around. And if the remake looked as good as the movie, I have no objections to graphics change. (And hopefully the translation will get better. 'This man are sick'-ugh)

Lynx
09-04-2006, 04:02 AM
as long as they dont change the story at all and just make everything the same but better graphics itd be nice.

Sunny Day Suicide
09-04-2006, 04:07 AM
In my opinion FFIX was better. And it seems as if all you guys are in for is just a graphic change.

crayzee gamr
09-04-2006, 04:09 AM
I would love to see the remake but i think there shouldn't be anymore sequels *cough*Dirge of cerberus bad*cough*. I wish it wasn't for PS# tho but that can't be helped I just don't want to spend like $500.00 to buy a new system. But I agree a remake would be awesome.

aquatius
09-04-2006, 09:47 AM
As long as it's on PC.

cloud21zidane16
09-04-2006, 10:54 AM
i would love a remake as long as they dont change the story, apart from maybe they could add in a new weapon, maybe sapphire could survive the cannon blast and you have to fight him to.

Toodleena
09-04-2006, 12:02 PM
I'd love a remake :bgl:

Dell
09-04-2006, 02:10 PM
No way. FFVII has too many. Great game but geez. When is there a sequel to FFVI or IX?

Agreed. FFIX and FFVI is way too underrated (FFT counts). They represent FF glory.

FFVII is just a good game, not the best. I don't care if there's a remake or not, as long as they fill my boring-ish time, I'll go for it.

aquatius
09-04-2006, 02:32 PM
They should (if they make it) put Aeris' revival in the remake.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-04-2006, 04:02 PM
personally, i would love to see a remake of ff7. just imagine playing ff7 with the graphics of advent children?

however, reports hav sed that once they started ur lookin at 5yrs in rpoduction, and everyones on with their own topics at th mo so it'd be like 7 years, so we'd probably be llokin at PS4 or maybe even 5!?

Mirage
09-04-2006, 04:16 PM

NO
NO NO NO NO

Xurts
09-04-2006, 06:06 PM
NO, STFU.

I couldn't care less either way, because I probably will never get a PS3 because it is going to be so damn expensive. A remake of 7 would be nice, but a remake of 6 would be much better. I would actually consider getting one then.

G3ORGE
09-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Id'd love it lol but avout the resurecction or aerith NO or AC wouldnt make sense when shes dead but the could go into peoples stories more.

aquatius
09-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Mainly the reason I think Aeris should be ressurrected is because of all the hints that she will be in the game eg. her ghost, convo with tifa on highwind, etc. And it would tie it up nicely and make it be the special thing that goes with the remake.

Xurts
09-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Mainly the reason I think Aeris should be ressurrected is because of all the hints that she will be in the game eg. her ghost, convo with tifa on highwind, etc. And it would tie it up nicely and make it be the special thing that goes with the remake.
She was never intended to be revived and never will be. She is dead. Let it go. If you want her revived so bad then get a GameShark and do it yourself.

f f freak
09-04-2006, 09:37 PM
They should totally not bring aeris back. It would totally ruin the entire game.

Mirage
09-04-2006, 10:04 PM
The game was good because she was killed. If she were to be resurrected, it would completely ruin the storyline. It would become a different game, not the FF7 we all love(d).

Elpizo
09-05-2006, 06:53 AM
I don't really want a remake, but a port to the DS. Same with VIII and IX. (I mean, that's only fair, Sony fans got I, II, IV, V and VI on their playstation, I think Nintendo fans deserve it to have VII, VIII and IX on their DS or so, DS could handle it, with a few tweaks here and there).
But probably would never happen. If they make one, that's fine with me as well.

aquatius
09-05-2006, 09:16 AM
NO! DS SUCKS!

Raebus
09-05-2006, 09:53 AM
NO! DS SUCKS!

Oh man, not this again. PERSONAL OPINION, to you it sucks whilst to others, it's god.

Sunny Day Suicide
09-05-2006, 11:57 AM

Agreed. FFIX and FFVI is way too underrated (FFT counts). They represent FF glory.

FFVII is just a good game, not the best. I don't care if there's a remake or not, as long as they fill my boring-ish time, I'll go for it.
Praise!

Madame Adequate
09-05-2006, 12:05 PM

Oh please. FFIX has more fanboys than freaking Zelda does. VI is widely recognized as the best FF ever. FFT is, well... people have bought it, so it has more than it deserves, basically.

To business; I would love to see an FF remake. I wonder how many people would freak out and say it's entirely unecessary? Hehe, it'd be funny. Hopefully they would use it for more than aesthetic things like translation and graphics - they would actually add new stuff. A better battle arena, for example.

Dignified Pauper
09-05-2006, 01:14 PM
i think the game, if re-made, would have to have some serious adjustments to gameplay. I'd like to see it be a bit harder, add in some sidequests, and tweak the story-line some for clarity.

Mo-Nercy
09-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Nah. I reckon it'll have an adverse effect on the overall greatness of FFVII. Advent Children was great for the series, but everything else has been uber overkill.

On the other hand, if it were made, I'd definitely buy it, but I'd be ashamed in myself. :( I'd prefer it if Square Enix just went back to making FFs the traditional way (you know, numerical order).

Sunny Day Suicide
09-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Oh please. FFIX has more fanboys than freaking Zelda does.

You're not serious are you? Your comparing an underrated FF game to the whole overrated zelda franchise. That's not true.

Dell
09-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Oh please. FFIX has more fanboys than freaking Zelda does. VI is widely recognized as the best FF ever. FFT is, well... people have bought it, so it has more than it deserves, basically.

FFIX: See Shout's post.
FFVI: Yes, it is recognized as the best FF but not for FFVII fanboys.
FFT: So FFVII is not overrated? People buy FFVII, People buy FFT, FFVII got sequel, FFT got nothing?? FFVII is nothing compared to FFT, with the exception of their sales and graphic (Still, I think FFT's Graphic is better).

Feel free to ignore as it's my opinion.

Aralith
09-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Mainly the reason I think Aeris should be ressurrected is because of all the hints that she will be in the game eg. her ghost, convo with tifa on highwind, etc. And it would tie it up nicely and make it be the special thing that goes with the remake. I'm sorry, but I just had to address this. I myself am an advocate of CloudxAerith, however, that does not mean that I am like the Aerith fangirls (/boys if there are any) that will be all like, "Aerith! Aerith, Aerith, Aerith! I love Aerith! What?! You can revive her?! How?! Tell me! I'll try every rumor I here!! I love Aerith! I LOVE Aerith!!!!!" Those kinds of people need help.

You must realize that killing Aerith is probably the best thing Tetsuya Nomura has ever done for the entire freaking franchise. Most of the stuff he comes up with for stories is just a bunch of unneccesary bulls*** with like 10 or 15 minutes of real storyline *cough, cough* Advent Children *cough, cough* Nomura and Kitase mutually agreed to kill Aerith, and look how great it made the game.

If Aerith hadn't died, the team's personal conviction for their vendetta against Sephiroth would not have been nearly as strong. All of them had lost something along the way. Some more than others, but all of them had lost a good friend to the hand of Sephiroth. Bringing Aerith back would have ruined that. Plus the 15 minutes of real plot advancement that I was talking about in AC would have been gone too.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, the plot advancement of AC was not about Sephiroth. He was just there so that they could have a 90 minute film. The real storyline of AC was Cloud getting over his guilt about Aerith's and Zach's deaths. That could have been told in 15 minutes. The rest was just eye candy for the FFVII fanboy. So, reviving Aerith would actually make the small amount of plot that AC contains moot. That is why they should not revive Aerith if they make a remake.

Now, back on subject, to me it seems as though a remake is on the horizon. I mean, Square is putting out all of this new FFVII stuff on new systems so that they can recreate the environments. Come on, in DoC they revamped Shinra Mansion, Kalm, a few parts of Midgar, all of the characters. To me it just seems like a way to start remaking old environments without letting on that they're doing a remake. So I do believe that a remake will be seen within the next few years.

finalfantasyguy4ever
09-06-2006, 09:59 PM
hes an idea y dont they make areis, zack, and others unlocables or something like that

Goldenboko
09-06-2006, 10:31 PM
hes an idea y dont they make areis, zack, and others unlocables or something like that

No they are dead and that is how the dead should stay.

crayzee gamr
09-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Mainly the reason I think Aeris should be ressurrected is because of all the hints that she will be in the game eg. her ghost, convo with tifa on highwind, etc. And it would tie it up nicely and make it be the special thing that goes with the remake. I'm sorry, but I just had to address this. I myself am an advocate of CloudxAerith, however, that does not mean that I am like the Aerith fangirls (/boys if there are any) that will be all like, "Aerith! Aerith, Aerith, Aerith! I love Aerith! What?! You can revive her?! How?! Tell me! I'll try every rumor I here!! I love Aerith! I LOVE Aerith!!!!!" Those kinds of people need help.

You must realize that killing Aerith is probably the best thing Tetsuya Nomura has ever done for the entire freaking franchise. Most of the stuff he comes up with for stories is just a bunch of unneccesary bulls*** with like 10 or 15 minutes of real storyline *cough, cough* Advent Children *cough, cough* Nomura and Kitase mutually agreed to kill Aerith, and look how great it made the game.

If Aerith hadn't died, the team's personal conviction for their vendetta against Sephiroth would not have been nearly as strong. All of them had lost something along the way. Some more than others, but all of them had lost a good friend to the hand of Sephiroth. Bringing Aerith back would have ruined that. Plus the 15 minutes of real plot advancement that I was talking about in AC would have been gone too.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, the plot advancement of AC was not about Sephiroth. He was just there so that they could have a 90 minute film. The real storyline of AC was Cloud getting over his guilt about Aerith's and Zach's deaths. That could have been told in 15 minutes. The rest was just eye candy for the FFVII fanboy. So, reviving Aerith would actually make the small amount of plot that AC contains moot. That is why they should not revive Aerith if they make a remake.

Now, back on subject, to me it seems as though a remake is on the horizon. I mean, Square is putting out all of this new FFVII stuff on new systems so that they can recreate the environments. Come on, in DoC they revamped Shinra Mansion, Kalm, a few parts of Midgar, all of the characters. To me it just seems like a way to start remaking old environments without letting on that they're doing a remake. So I do believe that a remake will be seen within the next few years.
Yea those ppl mourn over a videogame character (that will be missed) than their own dead parents.:(

chrisfffan
09-07-2006, 09:03 PM
they will remake it theirs no doubt they will make so much money from it why wouldnt they remake it?

f f freak
09-07-2006, 09:12 PM
I think a remake would suck. I like all the little lego man graphics. It's what makes it FF7. That is how I identify it as FF7. Well that and the fact that the most annoying game character IMO died in it.

Aralith
09-07-2006, 09:53 PM
they will remake it theirs no doubt they will make so much money from it why wouldnt they remake it?
Allow me to demostrate why that arguement is flawed.

Rekindling the Success of Final Fantasy VII (http://www.gamespot.com/features/6130799/index.html)

finalfantasyguy4ever
09-08-2006, 09:26 PM
i know thwere but it would still be cool if u coould unlock em something to do when the game is over ya know

cloud_vaan
09-08-2006, 10:58 PM
I think a remake wouldn't be too good, cause ff7 was great as it is. Its a classic that is to be remmebered, for what it was. Making a remake would be cool but square should devote its work into future ff games and make them better.

Ryushikaze
09-08-2006, 11:16 PM

To whit: SMEG NO!

What HINTS? Her ghost is a hint that she's DEAD. Yes, DEAD! And no, it wouldn't tie ANYTHING up. At all. It would only open giant gaping plot holes the size of hallways, not to mention make her death as cheap as Cait Sith's.

NO! DS SUCKS!

Better than the PSP.

Dragon Mage
09-09-2006, 02:26 AM
f you don't know what I'm talking about, the plot advancement of AC was not about Sephiroth. He was just there so that they could have a 90 minute film. The real storyline of AC was Cloud getting over his guilt about Aerith's and Zach's deaths. That could have been told in 15 minutes.
Well, if you recall, the game never really ended. It had this hanging ending that never told you what happened to the characters, or the world for that matter. If, and only if, you waited through all the credits did you see that the world had indeed been saved. But this still doesn't tell you much about what happened to the famous characters in the game. AC gives us the answer. AC was needed to finish the game.
And instead of adding the ending into the game, which would have been about 15 minutes of game play without a dramatic ending (which no one wants), they made it into a movie. Great. Now they have to come up with a plot for the movie! So, I think they did a good job of turning 15 minutes of game play (probably not even that; it would most likely have been a cut secne.) into a 90 minute movie. It turned out quite well.

I think a remake wouldn't be too good, cause ff7 was great as it is. Its a classic that is to be remmebered, for what it was. Making a remake would be cool but square should devote its work into future ff games and make them better.
Why would they do that when all their other newer games completley suck? FF7 has a great storyline. If people like it, then don't let it die. I know that many have never played FF7, but have played other FF games. My friend wasn't enchanted by the game she got for her B-day. At all. By remaking FF7, and thus getting back out on the market, would restore many gamers faith in the FF series and would get square some more respect.
And remember, it's not a matter of if it will come out. It's a matter of when.

P.S. And if anyone brings up reviving Aeris again, I will sick my flying monkeys on you. Fear the monkeys.

Bolivar
09-09-2006, 04:51 AM
I think a remake would be great, other FF's (pre-7 mostly) could def. use it.

A remake of VI would be hilarious because its disciples would realize that the graphics aren't the only aspect that's outdated.

And a revival of Aeris would be the worst thing to happen to games.

Aralith
09-12-2006, 01:55 AM
AC was needed to finish the game.
I beg to differ, good sir. The ending to VII was perfectly fine the way it was. It was purposely ambiguous so that it could be discussed. This game never was supposed to give you all of the answers, and leaving the ending open like that was just another question.

They told us just enough to let us know that at least something survived (ie- Red XIII, the world), but left just enough out to keep us guessing as to what might have happened. And as much as I enjoyed the eye candy that was AC, I still know that it detracted from the real story of VII. In fact, AC didn't originally start out as AC. It was just a look at what happened in Cloud's life after Meteorfall. Then it grew from there and became AC. So no, AC is not needed to complete the story, but it was nice to actually know what happened.

Though some fans would beg to differ and tell you that the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII was the worst thing to happen to the entire FF franchise.

Dragon Mage
09-13-2006, 01:15 AM
This game never was supposed to give you all of the answers, and leaving the ending open like that was just another question.

Maybe. But I don't like stories to have such open endings; especially ones I worked my as* off for to complete and finally reach the endings. I believe that many share my opinion, thus AC was neccessary. That and threads going on about 'what do you think happened?' or 'did they get together?' or 'Do you think there should be a sequal?' and such that finally prompted them to make AC. Besides, there are enough things left unanswerd in AC that people are discussing. (like dilly-dally shilly-shally. That one won't ever die, unfortunately.)

it was just a look at what happened in Cloud's life after Meteorfall.
Of course it was. FF7 was Cloud's story. One that never had a real definitive end. So, AC was needed to finish the story properly.

finalfantasyguy4ever
09-13-2006, 09:09 PM
i still would like unlockables it would give something to play after the game is done

cloud21zidane16
09-13-2006, 09:45 PM
crisis core comes out soon hopefully after that they should work on a remake of ff7 if they do anything to do with ff7 after that i dont think it will be a success they really will be milkin it but i still want a remake so come on everyone keep this thread goin and sign any petition you can find to get a classic game remade

Mercen-X
09-13-2006, 10:24 PM
if anyone brings up reviving Aeris again, I will sick my flying monkeys on you. Fear the monkeys.That is a deliberate threat against Eyes On regulars. Flying monkeys are not meant to be taken lightly. Be careful lest you find yourself banned. :-P

As for my opinion on a game remake . . . I've changed my mind. There shouldn't be one. FF7 was equal parts awesome and disappointment. There were no points that tipped the scale in favor of either opinion.
However, IMO, there should be a remake. A movie. Another 90 minute flick that told the story in a way that didn't leave us confused at any point like the game did.

I'm more inclined to agree that earlier installments (i.e. FF - VI) would be better suited for remakes. Talk about a game that left you questioning just what the hell happened, 8 certainly needs a bit of light shed on the subject of Ultimecia. I don't care who you are, you've got to agree that whole thing was just ridiculous. 9, however, was definitely good enough to not require a remake. I mean, what the hell could you honestly do with it? It was everything it was intended to be.

I bought Tactics sometime in 2000 or something. I haven't played it since my first trial run. It just takes way the hell too long to get into the actual game. Then you can't save before your first battle so if you get confused and die you have to sit through all that introductory spit again! If for any reason, Tactics needs a remake, it's that, pure and simple.

Lastly, DoC didn't suck. The gameplay could have been more interesting and innovative, but it didn't make me regret buying it. Although I still can't unlock all of the movies and features and the secret ending and arrgh...

Diddy21
09-22-2006, 04:46 AM
ya