PDA

View Full Version : rurouni kenshin

Lynx
09-04-2006, 05:43 AM
who here watches this show and what do you think of it?

its one of my favorite shows i love sword fighting and like how he doesnt ever want to kill again just beat the hell out of people.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-04-2006, 05:59 AM
I far prefer Samurai X. A lot less campy, if not a whole lot more emo. The manga is pretty good though.

ValkyrieWing
09-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Kenshin= LOVE

I ADORE Kenshin...but my favorite character is Saitoh, and most people don't understand that. :)

RiseToFall
09-04-2006, 08:12 AM
~The only kenshin I ever watched was Tsuiokuhen which was a prequel I beleive. But yeah I never really got around to watching the main series. It could be because the show is pretty damn long (97 eps), mabey one day though, if I get back into watching anime.

Tasura
09-04-2006, 08:31 AM
I have it, ive staled somewhere in the late 20's should start watching it again.

DeBlayde
09-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Don't really like the English version of the show because the kid who does the voice of Yahiko (also Ash Ketchum) annoys me. The japanese version is ok because the voice acting is all kinds of better. Except I don't speak japanese much, so I need to have the subtitles on. :D

I had the first 18 or 19 volumes of manga though and could never ever put them down once I started reading them. The Manga is often quite better.

Mo-Nercy
09-04-2006, 03:13 PM
I prefer the manga because Kenshin seems a lot more serious and badass. Samurai X is damn awesome too.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-04-2006, 03:19 PM
i loved it on cartoon network

XxSephirothxX
09-04-2006, 03:44 PM
I watched all of it, for some reason. It was pretty bad. Even the best portions of the show were a bit too cheesy. Samurai X shouldn't even be compared to Rurouni Kenshin because it's so, so much better.

LUKEJAKE17
09-04-2006, 03:54 PM
to be truthful, i think its an awful anime samurai x is aswell the shouldnt be in the anime section in dvd stores

daggertrepe
09-04-2006, 05:38 PM
One of the best animes ever, mind you.

Alucard188
09-04-2006, 11:48 PM
I just started watching it. I have the DVDs and plan to watch an episode a day which will last me this semester....

Zeromus_X
09-04-2006, 11:51 PM
It was pretty awesome. Didn't really like the filler...but hey, that's what the manga is for. Didn't really care for Samurai X, however...:cat:

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
09-04-2006, 11:51 PM
I loved that anime. It was like the second one I ever saw. I loved it sooo much. And my brothers were just happy that I wasnt girly and liked the anime they liked. Samarai X= :heart:

Goldenboko
09-05-2006, 12:09 AM
like how he doesnt ever want to kill again just beat the hell out of people.

Sounds like what I'm about to do to you! Lol

I watched the show I think 3 years ago, I watched the entire series it was very good and the ending was satisfying.

NorthernChaosGod
09-06-2006, 11:31 PM
I quite enjoyed what episodes I watched from the series. I really would like to finish the series.

dragoonknight_kain
09-07-2006, 04:40 AM
The Tsuiokuhen was great, and it's the best part of the anime, imo. For the main series, after Shishio (sp) it gets so boring, that it should have ended there (well, yeah, Shougo was nice, but that's only 5 or 6 episodes).

The Seisouhen was crap. Really, that wasn't necessary. And sometimes it made no sense at all. Maybe there's something in the manga that explains all that crap. Otherwise, it's just a lot of drama to end the series.

The movie is good too.

escobert
09-07-2006, 05:02 AM
Kenshin was awsome, I own two of the DVDs.

Zeromus_X
09-07-2006, 06:02 AM
The Tsuiokuhen was great, and it's the best part of the anime, imo. For the main series, after Shishio (sp) it gets so boring, that it should have ended there (well, yeah, Shougo was nice, but that's only 5 or 6 episodes).

The Seisouhen was crap. Really, that wasn't necessary. And sometimes it made no sense at all. Maybe there's something in the manga that explains all that crap. Otherwise, it's just a lot of drama to end the series.

The movie is good too.

The manga after the Shishio storyline goes and delves into Kenshin's delicious past. This is summarized in Samurai X, but Samurai X had a few things tweaked (and was much more serious than the comical Rurouni Kenshin, which was part of the reason I didn't like it as much). The last arc of the manga is the Jinchu arc (Punishment from Man, usually just called the 'Revenge Arc'), which is arguable the hottest part of the entire series.

The anime after the Shishio arc suffers a fate many an anime must endure: filler! I liked some of the filler, but it felt like they just screwed up at the very end (with that...Feng Shui crap). But yeah, that Christianity stuff was really great. That series of episodes about the hidden treasure was also entertaining.

If you want to see how the series really ends, I suggest reading the final volumes of the manga. You wont' regret it! :love: :cat:

Blood and gore and blood and guts and blood blood blood blood bloody blood~ :cat: :cat: :cat:

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-07-2006, 07:43 AM
After all the hype for how bloody it gets after Enishi shows up for the Jinchu arc, I must say I was rather underwhelmed. It wasn't that bad at all.

Samuraid
09-07-2006, 08:03 AM
Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai X series are quite good.