PDA

View Full Version : How Depressing...VP Deaths

ValkyrieWing
09-04-2006, 07:46 AM
So, I'm playing the original PS1 version (happy dance), and I just realized how very depressing his game was...

So what do you guys think is the most depressing scene? I thought Llewelyn's was pretty sad...T_T

black orb
09-04-2006, 08:19 AM
>>> All those deaths are so friggin depressing. I have to agree with Llewelyn`s, I felt sorry for that girl Millia..
Lucian, Yumei, Shiho and Lorenta were very sad too..

ValkyrieWing
09-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Of course Lucian's is sad...it ties directly in with Lenneth.

Janus' was bad too. T.T

black orb
09-04-2006, 08:36 AM
>>> Celia`s fate was pretty sad too, all her friends die one after the other..
As Freya used to say “Fate can indeed be a cruel mistress...”

Zeromus_X
09-04-2006, 07:28 PM
I kinda was pretty apathetic for most of the deaths, since I didn't really feel like bawling over a character's dramatic death 20 more times. xD But the one really emotional scene for me was the one with Lucian...you know the one I'm talking about...:cat:

Other than that, I guess Celia's was pretty emotional. :cat:

Gansx
09-04-2006, 10:52 PM
I didn't think Yumei and Jun was that depressing. Or...maybe I don' t have a heart.

Zeromus_X
09-04-2006, 10:55 PM
Don't worry, I don't really think Yumei's was tragic either. xD I was laughint because of the most innappropriate voice actor they had to pick for the kid (which is a shame, because I liked most of the voice actors in the game, with obvious exceptions).

black orb
09-05-2006, 04:05 AM
>>> Yumei`s death was indeed sad, you guys are just heartless..

Zeromus_X
09-05-2006, 04:41 AM
That's of course, always a possibility. :cat:

ValkyrieWing
09-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Nah, not heartless. ^_^

I just experienced how bad Lorenta's was (creepy Lezard...*shudder*)

Zeromus_X
09-06-2006, 01:43 AM
That one actually brought moisture to my eyes. To be killed, by the very one you love...

...though I was more focusing on Lezard's undeniable hawsomeness! :cat:

black orb
09-06-2006, 05:22 AM
That one actually brought moisture to my eyes. To be killed, by the very one you love...
>>> It was the same with Yumei`s story, the kid who loved her killed her..

Zeromus_X
09-06-2006, 05:26 AM
Yeah, but he did it in such a haphazard way that it made me laugh heartlessly. At least Lorenta's husband actually was turned into an uncontrollable monster. It just seemed to me that he did it on accident that prevented me from treated it than anything other than your average dramatic Einharjar death sequence.

Still...to each their own. :cat: I'm usually apathetic to these kinds of things, and considering the amount of people dying in this game, it wouldn't do me to get emotional over them all...:cat:

But, if there's one thing we can all agree on, it was that Badrach's is the most hilarious Einharjar sequence. :cat:

black orb
09-06-2006, 05:49 AM
>>> Badrach was a lucky one, he made just one good deed to save himself.

As for hilarious death scenes, Mystina`s was very hilarious. Lezard just freezed her sorry ass while she was sleeping or something.. lol.

ValkyrieWing
09-06-2006, 07:35 AM
Astral projecting...or something. :P

Badarach had a funny sequence...but he annoys me so bad that I never use him.

I've just guaranteed myself the A ending. ;D

Gansx
09-06-2006, 08:22 AM
>>> It was the same with Yumei`s story, the kid who loved her killed her..

The boy didn't wish for her death, he wish her to reunite with her parents. So...since they're dead..uhhh. Well she was going to kill herself anyways blah.

ValkyrieWing
09-06-2006, 06:39 PM
He just wanted to give her what she wanted most....even though he probably realized that it was going to cause her death, he still wanted her to be happy.

Black Mage
09-07-2006, 03:56 AM
I was under the impression Fuyuki did not know that his wish would kill Yumei. Which, is what made it rather bittersweet. I suppose it's up to interpretation, though.

I never really got too emotional with any of the Einherjar's deaths, especially ones like Lawfer, which really were not shown.

The one that hit me the hardest was Celia, whose experience paralleled the lesson that Lenneth learns: that those who really suffer are they who remain.

If we're picking a death, however, I would probably say that Janus' hit me the hardest. The fellow who does everything to garner the love and respect of his parents, is disgraced unfairly (Though that's up for discussion), and is killed after attempting to redeem himself. He didn't have a flashy death or anything, but the statement that was made was pretty sad.

Grey's whole story was pretty sad, too, but that's a discussion for another day.

ValkyrieWing
09-07-2006, 07:46 AM
Janus got shot in the back...and that's wrong on lost of different levels.

Celia did get the worst of it.

Auragaea
09-10-2006, 12:35 AM
I don't see the big deal about Yumei's death. Before I played that part of the game, I heard from a lot of people that it was a pretty sad death but when I played it, it wasn't really sad or anything.

For me, I thought that the saddest death was Platina's. Afterwards, the only really sad deaths IMO were Jelanda's, Lorenta's, and Shiho's.

ValkyrieWing
09-10-2006, 02:41 AM
I didn't think Jelanda's was particularly sad....it was unfortunate. I gree on Shiho's, though. And then poor Suo. :(

black orb
09-11-2006, 08:54 AM
I didn't think Jelanda's was particularly sad....it was unfortunate.
>>> Yeah, thats what she gets for being such a spoiled, little, cute princess..