PDA

View Full Version : Gonna try.....

TehAnima
09-04-2006, 08:40 AM
A Red Mage/Red Mage/Black Mage/ White Mage party. What would be some of the problems I'll encounter with this party? Red Mage is THE ONLY class I haven't used in the game yet so I have no idea how this'll work out.

Also I AM doing SoC with these guys so I need to know what sort of problems I'll have using this party. I guess it'll be a good challange :p but I still don't know that much about Red Mages.

aquatius
09-04-2006, 09:55 AM
SoC isn't very hard, you need to be quite high levels but the bosses are the only really challenging bits.

TehAnima
09-04-2006, 10:47 AM
Yeah I know SoC isn't hard what I was talking about is the bosses. How hard are they gonna be with a Mage team? I've taken on all of the SoC bosses at least twice but I had a Fighter/Monk/Black Mage/White Mage team and my second time through I had Fighter/Theif/BM/WM

aquatius
09-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Red mage is and okay fighter, mixed with magic you should probobly manage. I'm gonna try and do SoC with my solo Blackbelt party.

Sefie1999AD
09-04-2006, 03:18 PM
You shouldn't have too much difficulties with a team of Rm/Rm/Wm/Bm, especially in the DoS version. Getting all the spells will be really costly, though. You'll get Holy, Flare, Masamune, Fast, Temper, Giant Gloves and many other things later in the game, so you should be fine.

ValiantKnight
09-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Black Belt isn't nearly as powerful in DoS.

His evasion is lower, and his growth rate is lower.

Other than that, go for it.

boys from the dwarf
09-04-2006, 04:10 PM
with all that magic your main problem will be the prices. in elfheim you'll need to train for quite a while to get enough money for the good spells. seems as DoS is easy, as long as you stay at a reasonable level, you will be fine. you'll have tons of healing magic so the only problem will be making sure you have enough MP and ethers. SoC wont be hard as long as your on a good level. seems as anyone can equip the "ultima weapon" things should be fine. with the right healing and buffing spells omega and shinryu wont be so tough.

aquatius
09-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Black Belt isn't nearly as powerful in DoS.

His evasion is lower, and his growth rate is lower.

Other than that, go for it.
I know, it's hard, and I keep getting wiped out by things like zombies which paralyze, or wolves in big groups. I'm at level twenty and am trying to beat the marsh cave.

TehAnima
09-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Okay here's a n00bish question.

My whole party is on level 5 yet one RM has 63 HP while the other has 36 HP why is that?

I'm also trying gonna try a compleat RM party too how bad is that going to be? I will still do the SoC but I may wait until my RM party is high leveled before I take on the bosses.

DJZen
09-05-2006, 02:02 AM
Because unlike other versions of the game, in DoS, HP growth is random.

aquatius
09-05-2006, 09:14 AM
And almost any 4 person party isn't too difficult.

ljkkjlcm9
09-05-2006, 01:25 PM

I've never had two characters of the same class in the NES version with the exact same amount of HP, it is also random

THE JACKEL

Fireblade13
09-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Seems like a big diff. but yeah it all random. I did a 4 fighter team and 1 just happened to reach 999 hp sooner and one had higher magic and mp and one just sucked (i had named him tidus).

boys from the dwarf
09-05-2006, 09:00 PM

actually, the person at the top of the screen (the one more likely to be attacked.) has higher HP growth than the one at the bottom. if you play through the game using 4 of the same class you should notice this pattern.

Sefie1999AD
09-05-2006, 09:34 PM

I've never had two characters of the same class in the NES version with the exact same amount of HP, it is also random

THE JACKAL

In NES and WSC, and I assume Origins too, the characters of the same class have about the same HP, their differences aren't that big. In my NES game, my Knights had 736 HP and 766 HP (the first one being on top row, the second one being on the second slot). In DoS, it seems totally random. On level 19, where my party is Rm/Th/Wm/Bm (in that order), my Red Mage has 226 HP, Thief has 181 HP (that's 90 HP lower than the White Mage's HP!), White Mage has 271 HP and Black Mage has 198 HP.

ValiantKnight
09-06-2006, 12:01 AM
In NES version I believe it was was 1-6HP growth per level with bonus +25hp levels. Fighter had more +25 bonus levels than Black Mage for instance. If I remember right these bonus levels were guarenteed and on specific levels as well. Whether you got 1 + 25 = 26 hp or 6 + 25 = 31hp, differed tho.

In WSC and PS1, these +25 levels were moved around a bit, but I think the +1-6 chance stayed the same.

In DoS... it just seems weird....

There just seems to be no reason to it in DoS... its just random or so it seems.

In the original NES or PS1/WSC, solo black mage challenges would save before level up to make sure they got the +6hp, not anything less, because it was random, and they needed all the HP they could get.

Eh, thats just all I've heard on the subject of HP from reading gamefaqs and here and Unne's site. Not sure which one I read off of.

As far as Black Belt... his 1-50 growth was mostly changed to 1-99 growth.. so a 20 black belt on DoS equals roughly a 10 black belt on NES. However his evasion and critical rates were totally messed up I believe, but that could just be me.. he seemed to dodge a LOT more often in the WSC/PS1 versions.. which are decently close to NES.

Rengori
09-16-2006, 09:43 PM
I'm going to ask a n00b question, what's SoC?

ReloadPsi
09-17-2006, 07:47 PM
What would be some of the problems I'll encounter with this party?
I did SoC using two Whites and two Blacks. You'll have no trouble. Good luck finding optimal armour for everyone though.

Zeromus_X
09-17-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm going to ask a n00b question, what's SoC?

"Soul of Chaos", it's the four bonus dungeons that open up after you defeat the dungeons' respective elemental fiends. Only in the GBA version, of course.