PDA

View Full Version : There has to be an Easier way to Capture

Helios
09-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Ok, I'm doing the Monster Catching things, and of course, I've caught 10 of most of the creatures in the area, but now the one/two creatures I need aren't showing up, is there any way to increase my chances?

Captain Maxx Power
09-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Strictly speaking, no there isn't. There are a few monsters that tend to appear in certain areas more than others. These include;

Simurgh's can only be found in area's with light on the Djose Highroad.

Qatuar's can be found in groups of one, two and three after activating the various Qatuar stones on the Thunder Plains.

Cactuar's are found most frequently in the Cactuar Village in Sanubia Desert.

Ogre's, Malboro's and Chimera's can only be found to the far west of the Calm Lands.

Tonberries can only be found in areas without the purple gas and preferrably where there are lots of pyreflies in the Cavern of the Lost Fayth.

In the Omega Ruins, the rarest monsters can be found as forced encouters on the way to Omega.

Apart from this there's only one other way of finding rare enemies. When you load up the game, it sets out what monsters you're going to fight. If after about ten or so battles you can't find the monster you're looking for, try resetting the game and looking again.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-04-2006, 04:06 PM
simurghs tend to appear more often than not around the area wer u picked up the al bhed primer on djose road, and tonberries appear frequently at the back of the sunken cave and in the secret rooms. other than that just wot MP sed

ValiantKnight
09-04-2006, 07:14 PM
I have trouble finding ghosts in the cave..

Theres a room in the cave thats greenish hued.... with a treasure chest... I encountered tonberries and magic pots there about 80% of the fights.

Something like... 50-60% magic pots, 20-30% tonberries, and 10-30% everything else

Rockyvu
09-05-2006, 12:30 AM
You think that's boring. Wait till you have to fight Earth Eater to get Fortune Spears.

Nifleheim7
09-05-2006, 02:17 AM
It's boring but rewarding.

Prancing Mad
09-05-2006, 03:30 AM
what fortune spears do? I never got what luck did in that game. I did all right without it though

Nifleheim7
09-05-2006, 03:42 AM
You need fortune spheres to activate luck nodes in the Spere Grid and raise your luck stats.
There is also a monster in the monster arena that gives you 2 luck spheres when you defeat it with overkill.
But i can't remember it's name..

farplaner
09-05-2006, 03:49 PM
You need fortune spheres to activate luck nodes in the Spere Grid and raise your luck stats.
There is also a monster in the monster arena that gives you 2 luck spheres when you defeat it with overkill.
But i can't remember it's name..

Earth Eater: fortune spheres

Greater Sphere: luck spheres

Luck increases things like critical hit rate (and, if I'm not mistaken) rare steal %. Also, apparently, after reading some of the other threads, with 255 luck you only need base amounts for accuracy and evasion.

Right now, in my current file, I'm about to start collecting stat spheres from the species creation monsters, and eventually try out that 255 luck...I know it's gonna be a long road.

TheSpoonyBard
09-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Luck increases things like critical hit rate (and, if I'm not mistaken) rare steal %. Also, apparently, after reading some of the other threads, with 255 luck you only need base amounts for accuracy and evasion.
The chance of a Rare Steal can only be influenced by having the Master Thief ability.

Luck affects critical hit rate, accuracy and evasion.

You can have base Accuracy, but you'll need 35 Evasion to guarantee you'll dodges everything that's dodge-able.

farplaner
09-06-2006, 04:38 PM
The chance of a Rare Steal can only be influenced by having the Master Thief ability.

Luck affects critical hit rate, accuracy and evasion.

You can have base Accuracy, but you'll need 35 Evasion to guarantee you'll dodges everything that's dodge-able.

I guess it was just coincidence: on a previous file, I had built my luck to around 80 or so, and I started noticing quite a bit more rare steals than usual (without master thief).

RoxasLeonhart
09-06-2006, 05:09 PM
user a code breaker or gameshark or even a action replay AR