PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Post Issue 03! Extra, Extra, Read All About It!

Madonna
09-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Warning: Some articles may include strong language! D:

[The EoFF Post Newspaper] (http://eoffpost.akusui.net/news.php)

Oh, you know where the cheesy inspiration for that came from. As you can hopefully tell, Issue 03 is out, so you should stop by the EoFF Post and read it!

Credits to the Post's lovely staff, because they certainly do all the work and make this thing happen every month!

Neel (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=300), Editor/Reporter - When you need someone to blaze through article-writing, this is the man to ask. Opinionated, decisive, and always on schedule, this man is a demon.
Lynx (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=9019), Editor/Reporter - Front man for the whole operation! Lynx lends out space for the Post and pretends he does stuff because he likes to see his name often and celebrated.
Del Murder (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=1390), Jumbler - There is an art to taking names and messing them up. If you'd like to argue, we have a baseball bat and a dark alleyway we could introduce you to.
Dignified Pauper (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=12303), Reporter - Responsible for turning "marick" into a synonym for "fail", Pauper does everything but that when he does work for the EoFF Post, giving you a piece of his mind and giving you a column to enjoy.
Elyse (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=237), EoFFsearcher - A very wonderful woman responsible for our wordsearches, Elyse's position was temporarily ursurped by Lynx this month because, rumors have it, she was off on a vacation to meet a boy! Expect her participation back next month!
Old Manus (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=10496), Cartoonist - MS Paint is generally scoffed at for art, but Manus wields his copy with expertise, delivering you the best Paint comic that you will find out on the Internet.
Doomie (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=11280), Interviewer - Ready to dive out and nab an unfortunate victim for an interview at a moment's call, Doomie delivers his infamous Two-Question Interview to a mango this month for interesting results!
Behold the Void (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=8461), Reporter - A new member to our staff, Void kicks butts and takes names as he helps settle the argument of whether Okami is a Zelda clone or something brand spanking new. Expect more to come from this reporter!
foa (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=9192), Reporter - Our lady Misfire is a great addition to the Post's roster, increasing the number of females on staff by one! She also writes a damn good article and increases the intelligence average around here.

Any errors should be reported to N, because I do not give a crap! Enjoy the Post, cheer on our wonderful team, and share your thoughts!

Dignified Pauper
09-04-2006, 11:50 AM
It's a whole new kind of wonderful, this month.

Sergeant Hartman
09-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Born 2 kill!

Resha
09-04-2006, 12:54 PM
'tis great stuff. A really interesting read. :)

Rye
09-04-2006, 01:26 PM
That was pretty great, g'job guys! And I really like foa's writing style, I'm glad that she's part of the paper. :)

Dignified Pauper
09-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Just make sure to read EVERY article ;)

Rocket Edge
09-04-2006, 01:34 PM
The thing i like most about those post's is that the writers aren't afraid to speak their minds. Good job.

Christmas
09-04-2006, 02:00 PM
That was pretty great, g'job guys! And I really like foa's writing LITTLE MANUS style, I'm glad that she's part of the paper. :)

:bigsmile:

Old Manus
09-04-2006, 02:28 PM
The jumbles are always too hard for me. It's just a shame the memberlist search doesn't include a 'containing these letters' field.

Agent Proto
09-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Maybe I should do the next Screen Name tournament this month.

Loony BoB
09-04-2006, 05:21 PM
No, pr00t, you should wait until after the next one or two (or is it three?) events that are already planned. :) We have a queue!

Dude, not one mention of the fact that seven EoFFers were at my place over the space of two weeks. :( Nor the wedding? Or was that before the last issue? I forget. I guess I didn't notice the real 'dry spell' because I was away at the time entertaining my guests, or being entertained by them.

Agent Proto
09-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Gotcha. I guess I can wait till maybe next month. :D

Anyway... Yeah. >_>

-N-
09-04-2006, 05:26 PM
The wedding was covered last month, BoB. My brilliant editorial got cut. :\

Shoeberto
09-04-2006, 05:44 PM
I got burned :cry:

Madonna
09-04-2006, 06:35 PM
Is there anything, guys, that you'd like to see in the newspaper with exception to a Page 3? :|

Rye
09-04-2006, 06:38 PM
More interviews would be pretty cool, I always enjoy reading them. :) That aside, this issue was great, even with the dry spell in EoFF! :up:

Christmas
09-04-2006, 06:55 PM
An interview with that loser LITTLE MANUS. :bigsmile:

Dignified Pauper
09-04-2006, 06:56 PM
i would like to see even more swearing in the next issue than this one! I don't think that one mentionable article pushed the button quite enough.

Loony BoB
09-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Is there anything, guys, that you'd like to see in the newspaper with exception to a Page 3? :|
More of me, dammit. *ego*

But seriously, Rye's right with the interviews, they're always entertaining. You could always recruit me to do another one of those "staff perspective" columns, so long as you give me enough time or something. Dunno. Uhmm... yeah, I'm sure we'll give you enough to write about in the up'n'coming months. There's always something going on at EoFF, you just need to find it!

Raistlin
09-04-2006, 07:21 PM
I only got mentioned once.

Captain Maxx Power
09-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Wow, an (almost) complete lack of Elitism in this aeon's paper. Nice work.

Miriel
09-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Rawr. I really liked this issue. :up:

Skarr
09-04-2006, 07:46 PM
^.^ Owwww frank news about suave forums...gimme some beer when I read news. I enjoyed reading it, to say the least.

-N-
09-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Any errors should be reported to N, because I do not give a crap!Aw dammit

Dignified Pauper
09-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Any errors should be reported to N, because I do not give a crap!Aw dammit

you could always have them report to me, but i'd fail at getting to their requests.

Jojee
09-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Sexy ^_^

tan
09-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Neel...
ARGH! xDDDDDDDDDD

Neel, I understand where you're coming from, but I'm going to give you my comeback of what you've said:

First off, the competition is supposed to be fun, and I'm trying to make it intricate. This may not be the best because it's an art competition, as you said, but oh well. I'd rather make it meticulous rather than sloppy, to tell you honestly. If they wanted to just post their pictures and get comments, they could be making their own art in separate threads, thus the whole competition aspect. I don't believe we're "full of ourselves" just because we (I mean, I) involve a lot of rules. I put the pictures all into one post, which is why there's not art everywhere. What's in between is usually just discussions of the competition and comments to what the artists drew. It is not all rules within the whole thread. There may only be one post for all the pictures, but what do you want them to do? Shut up until I post the pictures so every post is pictures? I'm not getting defensive and I'm not getting angry; actually I'm quite happy that you actually did an article on it and I'm even amused, but... never mind. It was a great article.

And, by the way, I don't just "get" to posting the pictures because I'm lazy, I have to wait until everyone turns theirs in, and then I post them -_-

P.S. Thank you for keeping your promise and posting ValkyrieWing's banner in your newspaper. I appreciate it.

EDIT: I didn't notice that last sentence in the article xD

Avarice-ness
09-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Oh yeah! I forgot to eat my sugar this morning. =D

That's okay 'cause I have coffee right now and don't work till Thursday or Saturday, SO MY SUGAR INTAKE WILL BE ENORMUS! =D...
I can't spell that word. :razz:

Nominus Experse
09-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Neel's an ass - which is why I like him.

I also would like to see more interviews, though the paper is already pretty good.

Psychotic
09-04-2006, 10:29 PM
I only got mentioned once.Haha, I got mentioned twice! My first ever mentions in this new fangled post. It's the happiest day of my week. Although one of them was negative but hey, it's awesome that Neel feels that he has to put me down in order to big one of his staff members up. I've hit the big time now, mom!

...who is Ollie? Is it Faris_the_guy? It's FTG, isn't it?

Dignified Pauper
09-05-2006, 03:25 AM
many of you have disappointed us, but not Rye.

black orb
09-05-2006, 05:52 AM
Rawr. I really liked this issue. :up:

Jebus
09-05-2006, 06:02 AM
I enjoyed this issue, but I have a suggestion or two. Have you guys thought of putting in a current events section, or a tech section, or something like that? Maybe a cooking section or something.

Or perhaps I'm thinking of this too much like a real newspaper and completely missing the point, yet again.

Madonna
09-05-2006, 06:12 AM
...who is Ollie? Is it Faris_the_guy? It's FTG, isn't it?I have no smurfing clue; Doomie did the interview via MSN, so I used the name name that Doomie called the mango.

Eventually, as we get better at this and get more people, more sections and features will be added. The more that people demand for certain features, the more likely that we shall focus on those when we get around to expanding our operation. D:

I always thought horoscopes might be cool.

Behold the Void
09-05-2006, 06:36 AM
Next time I'll try to do the article ahead of time. I'm a bit disappointed with myself, next time I need to take more time and make sure the article is as good as I can.

Dignified Pauper
09-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Next time I'll try to do the article ahead of time. I'm a bit disappointed with myself, next time I need to take more time and make sure the article is as good as I can.

all my articles are submitted hours before deadline. That's because that's when I start them.

fire_of_avalon
09-05-2006, 01:26 PM
That was pretty great, g'job guys! And I really like foa's writing style, I'm glad that she's part of the paper. :)

Thanks!

Oh yeah! I forgot to eat my sugar this morning. =D

That's okay 'cause I have coffee right now and don't work till Thursday or Saturday, SO MY SUGAR INTAKE WILL BE ENORMUS! =D...
I can't spell that word.
Uh oh. :O

Levian
09-05-2006, 01:32 PM
Haha, I got mentioned twice! My first ever mentions in this new fangled post. It's the happiest day of my week. Although one of them was negative but hey, it's awesome that Neel feels that he has to put me down in order to big one of his staff members up. I've hit the big time now, mom!

Couldn't beat the Jumbles, could you?

Loony BoB
09-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Haha, I got mentioned twice! My first ever mentions in this new fangled post. It's the happiest day of my week. Although one of them was negative but hey, it's awesome that Neel feels that he has to put me down in order to big one of his staff members up. I've hit the big time now, mom!

Couldn't beat the Jumbles, could you?

I got this one! The third name took me a while though. The other names were easy, although the fourth one had me thinking at least for a little while.

-N-
09-05-2006, 05:15 PM
stuffPlease report any errors you find to Lynx. Thanks for your readership.

Madonna
09-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Why is it when I read "promise", it gives off the feeling as if Neel or I would/could renege?

Raistlin
09-05-2006, 06:35 PM
The poll is infinitely better now. :D

Psychotic
09-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Couldn't beat the Jumbles, could you?:(

I only managed to get one name. I'm losing it.

Madonna
09-06-2006, 06:19 AM
As long as you enjoy the articleswordsearchcomics, I feel as if I did a good job. :|

Shaun
09-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Rofl. Why would anyone want the EoFF Post!? :p It'd go on about everything in the world except Final Fantasy.

Dignified Pauper
09-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Rofl. Why would anyone want the EoFF Post!? :p It'd go on about everything in the world except Final Fantasy.

precisely why it is popular

ValkyrieWing
09-06-2006, 06:34 PM
T_T

Christmas
06-24-2022, 11:12 AM
The paper needs an obituary session for those people that abandoned this place. :(