PDA

View Full Version : Skills You Avoid

BG-57
09-04-2006, 02:34 PM
What are some skills that you don't use?

1) Truth: too random for me.

2) Un-Truth: ditto.

3) Move on Lava: this is only usable on one dungeon. And even then I was using Move-Find.

4) Any Weather: I didn't even realize for the longest time that weather can affect the strength of elemental spells. But not enough for me to notice.

5) Jump +1 (or +2 or +3): you can increase jump with boots or just use Ignore Height.

6) Gained Exp Up: not useless, but if you master the jobs like me, you'll reach level 99 long before you master every job. I focus on increasing JP instead.

7) Equip Axe: I'm not enamored enough with axes to want them in non-Geomancer jobs.

8) Equip Knife: Ditto with Katanas.

9) Finger Guard: I don't fight Mediators often enough to want to protect against their attacks.

10) Face Up: Generally I don't mess much with Brave and Faith unless I'm treasure hunting. Most of my units have Brave and Faith of 70, which works fine.

Kuroshima
09-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Un-truth
Truth
Jp-up
Exp-up
Medittator job

Teiju
09-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Spin Fist. Quite possibly the stupidest move ever created. It has great potential, but only on completely flat ground.

Gansx
09-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Truth
Untruth
Geomancer

feioncastor
09-05-2006, 02:08 AM
I wonder if anyone is not going to say "Truth/Untruth"?

Well, I certainly am.

Truth - I've used it many times, and it almost always hits the spaces where the enemies aren't standing. Rafa is only valuble because of her low brave. Other than that, she's an ugly ho.

Untruth - I have to give it up to Malak for pulling off that hairstyle like only he can. But it's weird because his job class is "Hell Knight", which leads you to believe, "Man, this guy is gonna rock things up!" And then you cast a spell with him and it conviniently strikes every square except those containing foes. On the offchance that it does hit a foe, it doesn't even do that much damage!!!

Meatbone Slash - Isn't this the one where if you're critical, you can do a junkload of damage? Yeah, I'd always get it right away hoping to get my guy critical, then just walk around wiping out the bad guys. Never happens that way. You'll get your guy critical, then a freaking Chemist or something will shoot him and now he's dead, so he can't do anything. Meatbone Slash may be very handy in a pinch, but I'd rather fill the Support slot with something that doesn't involve my guy almost dying.

Oracles - Dear Lord, these guys are atrocious. You don't bring an oracle to win a fight. You bring in oracles to mess with the enemies, like a fat kid with a magnifying glass. Rather than bringing my Monk who deals a ridiculous amount of damage and can heal/revive, I'll bring my freaking oracle, who can lower their brave, just in case.

Jp-up

I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that. I'm going to pretend that you didn't call the most important skill for mastering job classes a "skill you avoid".

Spin Fist. Quite possibly the stupidest move ever created. It has great potential, but only on completely flat ground.
Did you ever notice that the Black Goblin's "Turn Punch" seemed to be more effective? Really bugged me.

Gilthanes
09-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Goblins cheat, their turn punch doesnt have a height value of 0. Its like 1. Unlike Spin fist, which is 1 or 2 people surrounding the guy happen to be standing on a pebble, it wont hit them O_o

Stuff I avoid?

Obviously the truth/untruth
most of the Equip Weapon abilities
Jump +
Heck, almost any Move ability that is not Move MP up, Move+, Ignore Height or Fly (has its limited uses at least)
Dare I say it, YES, Math Skill (OMG YES I said it). Its like chosing not to use Orlandu, or at least not letting him use his own Excaliber. Makes the game way too cheap for my tastes.

Jsb01
09-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Truth
Untruth
Geomancer

I hated truth and untruth, they almost never hit... it was like one big firework display for the target...

I liked Geomancer... the idea of an attack based on there you are standing is awsome.

conan
09-05-2006, 05:38 PM
I think any weather also affects how far you can move through water while its raining. Ever notice how when its raining you can only move 1 space through water, and some characters can't even enter it?

Well then, I would never use most of the abilities already said and,
Defend! - Its always funny to see an enemy using defend, wasting 20 ct points every single action instead of just waiting. Sure the extra might come in handy maybe in some rare cases.

Gilgame Heart, Caution - I could go on, but I have a feeling I'll be naming every single ability that isn't auto potion, or move +3, and so on.

I have an idea people - if any of us happen to live near each other, we can have contests, such as: 2 tv's hooked up to 2 playstations in a room, both with final fantasy tactics in them ready to go. Two people bet a certain amount of money, and then someone plugs in the extension cord, giving the systems power, so they can both begin the game at the exact same time. The two people then race to see who can beat the game first!! It would be the ultimate fft marathon. Anyways I'm in NJ, send me a pm if youre nearby.