PDA

View Full Version : moderators and such

LUKEJAKE17
09-04-2006, 03:35 PM
does anyone like moderators on here except for psychotic because hes different i mean dont ban me for this its fair just peoples opinion if you do your just trying to silence people see it you staff as views on how you do your job

Christmas
09-04-2006, 03:36 PM
I HATE everyone. :bigsmile:

Elite Lord Sigma
09-04-2006, 03:37 PM
I respect all of them.

Roto13
09-04-2006, 03:39 PM
They do a better job than I've seen on any other forum.

LUKEJAKE17
09-04-2006, 03:39 PM
I respect all of them.
do you? you some sort of mercenary for them? well for example, roto whatever your name is, ive got to edit this now where i could have just double posted to say to you about your comment, what? you dont think there just boring and strict for the sake of it?

The Devil Man
09-04-2006, 03:40 PM
do you have something against the Moderators here Luke?

I think they are just trying to make it a nice, safe place for everyone. I can understand their concerns over spamming because other Forums i use have Threads destroyed by going off-topic. And they do make tons of PM space available for people who want to have private conversations. Keep in mind that there are a lot of young people who use this Forum for help on the games and they shouldn't really have to read offensive stuff.

Odaisé Gaelach
09-04-2006, 03:40 PM
I respect all of them.

Same here. They do a great job. :D

Rye
09-04-2006, 03:41 PM
They're all like the shinra. :p

Ryth
09-04-2006, 03:42 PM
They're all like the shinra. :p

Obviously.

Christmas
09-04-2006, 03:42 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=47748
:bigsmile:

The Devil Man
09-04-2006, 03:44 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=47748
:bigsmile:

Hmm... and the guy who started that Thread got banned...

Oh Lukejake :( I fear the worst...

LUKEJAKE17
09-04-2006, 03:46 PM

I think they are just trying to make it a nice, safe place for everyone. I can understand their concerns over spamming because other Forums i use have Threads destroyed by going off-topic. And they do make tons of PM space available for people who want to have private conversations. Keep in mind that there are a lot of young people who use this Forum for help on the games and they shouldn't really have to read offensive stuff.
the odd comment off topic makes nooooooooo difference! especially the ones on GIRLFREINDS because actually they werent off topic really! and they shut it down! and EVERYONE LOVED THAT TOPIC! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! ROARRRRRRRRRRR! MY ANGER IS REALLY BOILING JUST WRITING THIS I FEEL LIKE SOME WILD BEAST! dont fearb the worst as i said its just a topic on how you think they ruin, ahem, run the site they wont ban me for that

XxSephirothxX
09-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Sure, I'm friends with a few of them. :p That rubah, though. She's such a meanie.

Odaisé Gaelach
09-04-2006, 03:48 PM
EVERYONE LOVED THAT TOPIC! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! ROARRRRRRRRRRR! MY ANGER IS REALLY BOILING JUST WRITING THIS I FEEL LIKE SOME WILD BEAST!

Damn CapsLock button... :mad:

Ryth
09-04-2006, 03:51 PM

the odd comment off topic makes nooooooooo difference! especially the ones on GIRLFREINDS because actually they werent off topic really! and they shut it down! and EVERYONE LOVED THAT TOPIC! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! ROARRRRRRRRRRR! MY ANGER IS REALLY BOILING JUST WRITING THIS I FEEL LIKE SOME WILD BEAST! dont fearb the worst as i said its just a topic on how you think they ruin, ahem, run the site they wont ban me for that

lol

LUKEJAKE17
09-04-2006, 03:51 PM
EVERYONE LOVED THAT TOPIC! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! ROARRRRRRRRRRR! MY ANGER IS REALLY BOILING JUST WRITING THIS I FEEL LIKE SOME WILD BEAST!

Damn CapsLock button... :mad:
theres nothing wrong WITH CAPS! GROOOOOOWWWWKLLLLLLLLL! STOOOOOOOP VOTING YES THERE GREAT WILL YOU EVERYONE!

Ryth
09-04-2006, 03:52 PM
If you dislike them so much, then leave. No one is making you stay. Not like it'll make much of a difference as to how much longer you'll be staying at EoFF. :)

Moon Rabbits
09-04-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm indifferent to the CKs.

They usually ban people who deserve it rather quickly, and I'd say you're well on your way, Lukejake! :)

LUKEJAKE17
09-04-2006, 03:57 PM

They usually ban people who deserve it rather quickly, and I'd say you're well on your way, Lukejake! :)
i dont deserve you staff geek

Twisted Tinkerbell
09-04-2006, 03:59 PM
I think the mods do a great job.

Madame Adequate
As I have stated elsewhere, EoFF bears clear resemblence to the apparatus of the Nazi party.

I believe Psy called Goering?

Resha

CALM DOWN, MY DEAR FRIEND! :(

Uhm...meh. They're mods. Yeah. That's all the brilliance I have to share for today. :rolleyes2

I think he called Goebbels.

LUKEJAKE17
09-04-2006, 04:00 PM

CALM DOWN, MY DEAR FRIEND! :(

Uhm...meh. They're mods. Yeah. That's all the brilliance I have to share for today. :rolleyes2
your hardly ever here i look for you but your never on!

Toodleena
09-04-2006, 04:01 PM
They're moderaters for a reason.... They're just doing their job.:eep:
It's mean to say mean stuff about them....

YTDN
09-04-2006, 04:01 PM

i dont deserve you staff geek

Yes you do. Spamming and shouting and demanding that everybody hates the mods is not a good way to go if you want to stay here.

Personally, I think the admins do a great job.

LUKEJAKE17
09-04-2006, 04:02 PM
YOU WHAT! THEY RUIN THINGS AT LEAST SOMETIMES YES OR NO? AS FOR YOU DRAGON NINJA I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN YOU WERE FROM ENGLAND YOUR LIKE ALOT OF PEOPLE THERE YOUR A GEEK A LITTLE NERD i havent told anyone to say anything

Tavrobel
09-04-2006, 04:03 PM
I respect all of them.

YTDN
09-04-2006, 04:05 PM
YOU WHAT! THEY RUIN THINGS AT LEAST SOMETIMES YES OR NO?

Please stop shouting, your making my ears hurt.

And yeah, they might ruin one or two topics sometimes, but it's always for a good reason, and 99% of the time they're really nice.

Madame Adequate
09-04-2006, 04:08 PM

Of course they do. Look at how they treat Raist's pimp smilie.
That does not make teh capslock a productive way of confronting this matter.

Roto13
09-04-2006, 04:09 PM
There should be a rule against whining.

YTDN
09-04-2006, 04:10 PM
There should be a rule against whining.

Seconded

Loony BoB
09-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Please do not insult other members. Consider this a warning, LUKE!

Moon Rabbits
09-04-2006, 04:14 PM

Of course they do. Look at how they treat Raist's pimp smilie.
That does not make teh capslock a productive way of confronting this matter.

They also got rid of Proto's emo smilie :(!

Old Manus
09-04-2006, 04:16 PM
I concur. I too FEEL LIKE A WILD BEAST! :mad3:

Ryth
YOU WHAT! THEY RUIN THINGS AT LEAST SOMETIMES YES OR NO? AS FOR YOU DRAGON NINJA I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN YOU WERE FROM ENGLAND YOUR LIKE ALOT OF PEOPLE THERE YOUR A GEEK A LITTLE NERD i havent told anyone to say anything

lol, again.

LUKEJAKE17
this whole topic was provoked by the shutting down of GIRLFREINDS ill not be happy till its unlocked behold the void closes EVERYTHING aswell

Roto13
09-04-2006, 04:17 PM
That's not true. Sometimes Leeza closes things. Probably more than BtV.

YTDN
09-04-2006, 04:18 PM
this whole topic was provoked by the shutting down of GIRLFREINDS ill not be happy till its unlocked behold the void closes EVERYTHING aswell

I read through that topic, and yes, you were being off topic. And all of the mods only close down threads that deserve it, because if they closed everything there wouldn't be anything left to post in, would there?:)

Tasura
09-04-2006, 04:19 PM

Causeit's his job if people warn posts in the thread.

And I like the staff, if it wern't for them we'd have more people like *doesnt say name but you all can guess who* running around making this place miserable for people who arent here just to troll.

Moon Rabbits
09-04-2006, 04:20 PM

I'm surprised you aren't banned yet :(

LUKEJAKE17
09-04-2006, 04:21 PM

I read through that topic, and yes, you were being off topic. And all of the mods only close down threads that deserve it, because if they closed everything there wouldn't be anything left to post in, would there?:)
i REALLY want to insult you. and as for im surprised your not banned its because everyone loves me really

Toodleena
09-04-2006, 04:23 PM

i REALLY want to insult you
You already did, along with insulting most other English people, like myself.:(

Loony BoB

If you make more posts like this one, then I'll REALLY want to ban you - and I'll do it, too! Keep your negative thoughts towards other members of these forums to yourself, please.

YTDN

I can deal with someone insulting me.

BTW, insulting people will get you warned.

Anaisa
09-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Luke shouldn't be banned in my opinion. An that's not just because he's my brother. Firstly I agree with him on the in thread chatting thing. If somebody is chatting about random things then that would be silly. But if you're conversing in the thread about the actual subject matter, what's wrong with that? What should we do instead, all just make posts an respond to nobody elses? Threads would be vastly improved by more interaction. When you have a conversation with somebody, do you say your piece, they say theirs, an neither of you respond to what the other person has said? If you do, that's a terrible way to construct a "conversation", an you should be ashamed of yourselves. On the subject of him calling cl_out a retard. Cl_out called him a retard first, so I don't see what was wrong with him saying he was a retard back. The insulting things people of this forum may say to a regular member, they wouldn't say to a staff member, so I think Luke should be commended for treating both equally. An I think it would be pitiful if the staff were to ban him for saying something to them that they wouldn't ban him for for saying to another member. Banning somebody for not being a staff butt kisser, would be pathetic. Although there are good things the staff do of course, we hear enough about that, so I'll stick to pointing out what they do that's bad. In eoeo mainly, they can't be bothered reading through all the posts, they'll skim through the posts, take something entirely out of context, an ban them for it. An since they don't read all the posts, say five people might have said something considered insulting, they'll ban one of them. That's shoddy work. They should either ban all, or none at all.

Ryth
09-04-2006, 04:24 PM

I'm sure we all really want to insult you too.

You are very special, Luke. :) We won't forget you.

Old Manus
09-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Maybe modding him will change his tune.

The Devil Man
09-04-2006, 04:25 PM
I am SOOOOOOOOO getting in another Post before this Thread gets closed and Lukejake gets banned.

See you around dude! You've been very entertaining :D

You're like a one man army, waging war for the rest of humanity...

or something :confused:

LUKEJAKE17
09-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Luke shouldn't be banned in my opinion. An that's not just because he's my brother. Firstly I agree with him on the in thread chatting thing. If somebody is chatting about random things then that would be silly. But if you're conversing in the thread about the actual subject matter, what's wrong with that? What should we do instead, all just make posts an respond to nobody elses? Threads would be vastly improved by more interaction. When you have a conversation with somebody, do you say your piece, they say theirs, an neither of you respond to what the other person has said? If you do, that's a terrible way to construct a "conversation", an you should be ashamed of yourselves. On the subject of him calling cl_out a retard. Cl_out called him a retard first, so I don't see what was wrong with him saying he was a retard back. The insulting things people of this forum may say to a regular member, they wouldn't say to a staff member, so I think Luke should be commended for treating both equally. An I think it would be pitiful if the staff were to ban him for saying something to them that they wouldn't ban him for for saying to another member. Banning somebody for not being a staff butt kisser, would be pathetic. Although there are good things the staff do of course, we hear enough about that, so I'll stick to pointing out what they do that's bad. In eoeo mainly, they can't be bothered reading through all the posts, they'll skim through the posts, take something entirely out of context, an ban them for it. An since they don't read all the posts, say five people might have said something considered insulting, they'll ban one of them. That's shoddy work. They should either ban all, or none at all.
what a valid, important post everyone should read including staff and then everything would be better

Anaisa
09-04-2006, 04:28 PM
He would be the finest staff member of all time if that were to happen.

Tasura
09-04-2006, 04:29 PM
what a valid, important post everyone should read including staff and then everything would be better

Except for her skimming over the posts where you insulted non-staff members.

LUKEJAKE17
09-04-2006, 04:29 PM
He would be the finest staff member of all time if that were to happen.
YYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! AND ALSO I LIKE YOUR POST DELLAS 18

starseeker
09-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Lukejake, some advice:

1: Please stop insulting my sister Yuffie the Dragon Ninja
2: Please calm down, at the rate you're going you'll be banned by the end of the day
3: Insulting the mods is a very easy way to look like a idiot

This is one mother of a train wreck thread. You are making such a fool of yourself.

Odaisé Gaelach
09-04-2006, 04:30 PM
On the subject of him calling cl_out a retard. Cl_out called him a retard first, so I don't see what was wrong with him saying he was a retard back.

I think that Luke got warned for saying that English people were geeks and nerds.

Anaisa
09-04-2006, 04:31 PM

Not true:

The insulting things people of this forum may say to a regular member, they wouldn't say to a staff member, so I think Luke should be commended for treating both equally.

The Devil Man

I actually agree with everything you say there.

But I still think if you want to chat with someone, do it in a PM as you can say alot more and you dont have to share personal things with people you don't know. The only wierd thing I don't understand about this Forum is the need to lock threads that are considered to be 'too old'. Sometimes these threads are only about a month old. Don't really understand that. Whats the point in creating a new thread on a topic thats already got a thread dedicated to it? Why not just continue the discussion from a few weeks or months back, like they do on other Forums?

Anyway, if you are gone lukejake, then be sure to look me up on my Edge forum. I think the Moderators have quit a long time ago... you can pretty much say anything you want there, but be sure to talk about video games too.

Ryth

Now you have a horror movie.

:thumb:

starseeker
09-04-2006, 04:32 PM
On the subject of him calling cl_out a retard. Cl_out called him a retard first, so I don't see what was wrong with him saying he was a retard back.

I think that Luke got warned for saying that English people were geeks and nerds.

Which is a really stupid thing to say. Psychotic's not gonna be pleased when he sees this; he's English and a moderator.

LUKEJAKE17
09-04-2006, 04:32 PM

I ACTUALLY COME FROM ENGLAND MYSELF BUT I HATE THE PLACE AND WHERE I LIVE OH AND STARSEE- WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS IM MAKING A FOOL OF MYSELF? YOU MADE A FOOL OF YOURSELF WHEN YOU POPPED OUT OF MUMMY. your backing up your sister but are doing it pathetically all your points you make have got no substance

starseeker
09-04-2006, 04:33 PM
I ACTUALLY COME FROM ENGLAND MYSELF BUT I HATE THE PLACE AND WHERE I LIVE

Here comes the Caps Lock, it's not long now.

Anaisa
09-04-2006, 04:34 PM
I think that Luke got warned for saying that English people were geeks and nerds.He is English, an has lived in England all his life. so I think it's fair for him to express his opinion on what he thinks of them, since he has enough experience of them to have a valid opinion. So I think it's unfair if he has been warned.

Odaisé Gaelach
09-04-2006, 04:36 PM
He is English, an has lived in England all his life. so I think it's fair for him to express his opinion on what he thinks of them, since he has enough experience of them to have a valid opinion. So I think it's unfair if he has been warned.

Just 'cause he is English doesn't mean that he can insult every other English person based on their nationality.

Sylvie
09-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Oh, god. This thread has been to hell and back. :(

Moon Rabbits
09-04-2006, 04:38 PM

LUKEJAKE17
He is English, an has lived in England all his life. so I think it's fair for him to express his opinion on what he thinks of them, since he has enough experience of them to have a valid opinion. So I think it's unfair if he has been warned.

Just 'cause he is English doesn't mean that he can insult every other English person based on their nationality.
its everything about MOST english people there so common and have no taste and there all boring and have no interests oh and genji, its good though isnt it?

theundeadhero
I like some of them a lot

:kiss::kaolove2:

and falling under the "and such" category, I'll have to say I like myself :p

The Devil Man
09-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Oh, god. This thread has been to hell and back. :(

I think it should be archived :D

Lukejake is like Cloud and all the Moderators are one big Sephiroth.

How many hit points do you think LukeJake has? :D

Toodleena
09-04-2006, 04:39 PM

its everything about MOST english people there so common and have no taste and there all boring and have no interests oh and genji, its good though isnt it?
Why thanks.:eep:

Odaisé Gaelach
09-04-2006, 04:40 PM

It's still racist.

Ryth
09-04-2006, 04:40 PM
I think that Luke got warned for saying that English people were geeks and nerds.He is English, an has lived in England all his life. so I think it's fair for him to express his opinion on what he thinks of them, since he has enough experience of them to have a valid opinion. So I think it's unfair if he has been warned.

That was pure idiocy. I don't give a crap if you lived somewhere your whole life, you don't make a broad generalization about people due to their nationality. he may've lived in the UK all his life, but has he been everywhere? No. Has he met and made cloase bonds with everyone? Of course not. So he has no place, nor does anyone else have a place, to bash a nationality for an assumedly small part of the population he had a poor experience with.

Zeldy
09-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Lukejake, your starting to dig a hole for yourself, now. Im English, actually.

I like the mods.

Anaisa
Just 'cause he is English doesn't mean that he can insult every other English person based on their nationality.He didn't do that. He said:

I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN YOU WERE FROM ENGLAND YOUR LIKE ALOT OF PEOPLE THERE YOUR A GEEK A LITTLE NERDHe said alot Not all.
Not true:

The insulting things people of this forum may say to a regular member, they wouldn't say to a staff member, so I think Luke should be commended for treating both equally.

Christmas
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7615/kittenscantsaveic8.jpg

LUKEJAKE17
09-04-2006, 04:42 PM

It's still racist.
WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT! its not rascist i live around them i know what there like and there rude and anti-social as well i dont like them simple as that that really made me laugh christmas that kitten thing really? not even kittens?

Goldenboko
09-04-2006, 04:43 PM
It be funny if they closed this thread :p

They run the site well, they could be a bit strict but its either that or we let spammers and trolls take over the site.

Don't I remember a thread like this?

starseeker
I think a mod should close this thread now.

TheSpoonyBard
Insults should be punished, not commended.

Shauna
The mods are cool. =D I'm happy that they keep the peace here. I probably would have been long gone from this place, if it was just one giant spammy place, 'cause I'd get bored of that. :p Also, I agree that the people who get banned deserve it. =D Although, in some cases that I've heard about, the ban wasn't deserved, but hey that's just an opinion, and really, what the staff says, goes. ^_^

Also, this thread makes me laugh. Oh the some of these posts~ :roll:

Sylvie
Just 'cause he is English doesn't mean that he can insult every other English person based on their nationality.He didn't do that. He said:

I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN YOU WERE FROM ENGLAND YOUR LIKE ALOT OF PEOPLE THERE YOUR A GEEK A LITTLE NERDHe said alot Not all.
Except for her skimming over the posts where you insulted non-staff members. Not true:

What? It seems like you're simply pushing everything to the edge, just because he's your brother. I think many would agree with me that he's being annoying.

Tasura
09-04-2006, 04:44 PM
I think many would agree with me that he's being annoying.

*agrees*

Ryth
09-04-2006, 04:45 PM
What? It seems like you're simply pushing everything to the edge, just because he's your brother. I think many would agree with me that he's being annoying.

She won't, but the rest of us do.

Loony BoB
09-04-2006, 04:45 PM
If you think for some reason that someone should be commended because they insult everyone equally then you have a very, very twisted way of thinking. "If I murder cops AND citizens, then I'm okay!" No, you do something bad to anyone in these forums, you get warned and/or banned. And you don't get commended at all. The fact that you condone such things is perplexing. Maybe you should start to train your little brother to obey the rules or else he will get banned.

Anaisa
09-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Insults should be punished, not commended.Not if the insults are valid.

Sylvie
09-04-2006, 04:46 PM
If you think for some reason that someone should be commended because they insult everyone equally then you have a very, very twisted way of thinking. "If I murder cops AND citizens, then I'm okay!" No, you do something bad to anyone in these forums, you get warned and/or banned. And you don't get commended at all. The fact that you condone such things is perplexing. Maybe you should start to train your little brother to obey the rules or else he will get banned.

BoB rocks my world.

Tasura
09-04-2006, 04:47 PM

And what exactly, makes insults valid?I agree with BoB, you have a very twisted way of thinking.

Odaisé Gaelach
BoB rocks my world.

Ditto! :D

licence
LUKE, I've read a lot of your posts since I've seen you here and all you've done is insult other people's opinions which conflict with your own. If you aren't capable of being diplomatic, why ask for people's opinions?

On the subject of the mods, from what I've seen in my short time here, they do a really good job.

starseeker
09-04-2006, 04:49 PM
LUKE, I've read a lot of your posts since I've seen you here and all you've done is insult other people's opinions which conflict with your own. If you aren't capable of being diplomatic, why ask for people's opinions?

On the subject of the mods, from what I've seen in my short time here, they do a really good job.

Quoted for truth

theundeadhero
They must have taken nice pills today. In the good 'ol days, this thread would be closed, he would be banned, and everyone would laugh at how stupid this is. This ain't the first whiney member my thread got closed rodeo.

LUKEJAKE17
THIS THREAD MADE ME FEEL LIKE PLAYING THE STRANGLERS, YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH! THE STRANGLERS!

Sylvie

And what exactly, makes insults valid?I agree with BoB, you have a very twisted way of thinking.

Erm, yes. What the hell makes an insult valid? Thats like saying, "Oh, forget about Jerry over there, you can insult him as much as you want because its true!"

Insults are insults, and aren't tolerated on good forums.

Orion Zero
09-04-2006, 04:50 PM
I don't really know the moderators well, except Loony BoB who changed my name from Bomber-dude1999.

Ryth
09-04-2006, 04:51 PM
THIS THREAD MADE ME FEEL LIKE PLAYING THE STRANGLERS, YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH! THE STRANGLERS!

Now that's spam, good sir.

The Devil Man
09-04-2006, 04:51 PM

Anaise, is your brother like this at home?

I think you should sell him.

I'll buy him for 12 Gil :)

Christmas
09-04-2006, 04:52 PM
I remember the peace and also duck loving RSL. :bigsmile:

But now he just vanished into thin air like the stars in the universe. :(

starseeker
I'll sing as well then

London Bridge is falling down,
Falling down, Falling down.
London Bridge is falling down,
My fair lady

Build it up with wood and clay,
Wood and clay, Wood and clay.
Build it up with wood and clay,
My fair lady.
Wood and clay will wash away,
Wash away, Wash away.
Wood and clay will wash away,
My fair lady.

Build it up with silver and gold,
Silver and gold, Silver and gold.
Build it up with silver and gold,
My fair lady.
Silver and gold will not hold,
Will not hold, will not hold
Silver and gold will not hold
My fair lady.

Its just a lovely metaphor right now for this thread.

LUKEJAKE17

Anaise, is your brother like this at home?

I think you should sell him.

I'll buy him for 12 Gil :)
WHAT YOU READ IS WHAT YOU GET!

Anaisa
09-04-2006, 04:53 PM
I'm not suggesting he should be commended purely for being insulting. But I think to be insulting to regular members an not staff members because you think you can get away with it, that is cowardly. I was saying that at least Luke doesn't just pick on people that he thinks he can get away with insulting.

Old Manus
Please stay on topic, everybody.

Loony BoB
A lot of people should stop insulting LUKE (whether they feel he deserves it or not), and stop modwhoring too. :)

Please stick to the topic at hand rather than discussing LUKE.

Chimp
You know what I am looking for in a moderator?

Me.

LUKEJAKE17
09-04-2006, 04:54 PM
I remember the peace and also duck loving RSL. :bigsmile:

But now he just vanished into thin air like the stars in the universe. :(
THATS BEATIFUL...

licence
I'm not suggesting he should be commended purely for being insulting. But I think to be insulting to regular members an not staff members because you think you can get away with it, that is cowardly. I was saying that at least Luke doesn't just pick on people that he thinks he can get away with insulting.

That's the thing, you shouldn't get away with insulting ANYONE on these forums.

Tasura

And how is it brave ti insult the mods? It's chilidhs and idiotic to insult anyone, even more so if you insult someone becuase of their nationality like he's done.

McLovin'
09-04-2006, 04:56 PM
The moderators keep peace and prosperity within the world of Eizon. Without them the evil FFshrinerites and FFonliners would seek destruction of our wonderful world thus ending up in world domination. :(

Is this what you want Luke? :(

The Devil Man
09-04-2006, 04:57 PM
Just out of interest though...

I wonder if some people are only dis-agreeing with Luke because they are afraid of getting banned themselves?

What makes me sad is seeing some members here in the last month or so getting banned, then checking out their user profiles and they've been a member here for a year or longer and because of a couple of bad posts out of the hundreds they have made, they get banned. It's not right.

Tavrobel
09-04-2006, 04:57 PM
That's the thing, you shouldn't get away with insulting ANYONE everyone except for Levian on these forums.

And how is it brave ti insult the mods? It's chilidhs and idiotic to insult anyone, even more so if you insult someone becuase of their nationality like he's done.

QFT

EDIT: Dellas, if people were afraid of getting banned because of this thread, most of them would stay out of it, lest they provoke a CK further. Keyword = most.

Loony BoB
09-04-2006, 04:58 PM
People should be commended for treating others equally, but only if they treat them fairly at the same time. To treat others equally in a negative way is not something anyone should be commended for, regardless of how 'equal' it is.

Also, insulting anyone on these forums will get you warned, regardless of who you are, so I don't really understand the relevance given that this thread is to do with these forums... even staff members get warned if they insult people.

starseeker
09-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Now this is why we need mods. Otherwise this would be the norm.

Chimp
09-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Haha, it's sad when you fear ffonline and final fantasy shrines. I think you brought it upon yourself. :<

Roto13
...stop modwhoring too. :)

Isn't modwhoring part of the topic? :P

licence

I wonder if some people are only dis-agreeing with Luke because they are afraid of getting banned themselves?

What makes me sad is seeing some members here in the last month or so getting banned, then checking out their user profiles and they've been a member here for a year or longer and because of a couple of bad posts out of the hundreds they have made, they get banned. It's not right.

I'm disagreeing with LUKE because I simply think the mods do a good job. If I thought the mods were poor, I wouldn't be afraid to express my opinion, after all, I think they could accept it, if I thought they weren't doing a great job.

Leeza
09-04-2006, 05:00 PM
I ACTUALLY COME FROM ENGLAND MYSELF BUT I HATE THE PLACE AND WHERE I LIVE OH AND STARSEE- WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS IM MAKING A FOOL OF MYSELF? YOU MADE A FOOL OF YOURSELF WHEN YOU POPPED OUT OF MUMMY. your backing up your sister but are doing it pathetically all your points you make have got no substance

Anymore comments like this one, LUKE and you will be banned.

LUKEJAKE17
09-04-2006, 05:00 PM
That's the thing, you shouldn't get away with insulting ANYONE everyone except for Levian on these forums.

QFT
oh so ok if you dont like someone does that mean you just let it go by and pretend you like them you friggin bunch a saps!

licence
09-04-2006, 05:02 PM
oh so ok if you dont like someone does that mean you just let it go by and pretend you like them you friggin bunch a saps!

We are on a forum, I don't know anyone here personally. You seem to be launching personal attacks on people only because they disagree with your opinion. If you aren't above insulting people, I don't think you should be on here.

Roto13
09-04-2006, 05:03 PM
It usually takes a lot less than this to be banned.

Chimp
You can not like someone. Thats ok. But, if you are going to disagree with someone, do it in high style. Don't be a run of the mill jackass and simply go "lol u is sukc." Or simply ignore them. Or, simply don't dislike anyone. All are valid options. Live with less hate, live with more hapiness :<

Christmas
Oh, and did everyone remember Big-D too? Ah, those were the good old days where his share his insight on FF THEORIES with us. :bigsmile:

PS: Especially in the FF VIII forums. :eek:

starseeker
09-04-2006, 05:04 PM

Anymore comments like this one, LUKE and you will be banned.

I thought you said that on the previous page.

Loony BoB

I highly doubt it. Anyone is free to agree with anyone around here, it's what they say and how they say it that can get them banned. If you want to see how long someone can stay a regular member at EoFF while almost constantly disagreeing with how we run the place, look no further than edczxcvbnm. And hell, we love the guy.

Chances are there's a lot more than you might see that they got banned for. Nobody gets banned for just a 'couple of bad posts' unless they intented on getting banned - this would be something such as posting porn, which at least two very well known members at EoFF have done because they wanted to get banned. Otherwise you tend to need a pretty bad record to be both a regular member and get banned.

Of course, some people have insults in almost every other post and (as of the last time I checked) are still posting in this very thread. :) So if you think we're not lenient and don't give chances/warnings out beforehand, think again! :p

Tasura

QFT

You dont insult them that's for sure.

Tavrobel

Yes. That's what called being mature and capable of handling insult means. In the world, there are rules, just like every well run establishment. If you don't follow them, then you get axed. Quite simple.

The Devil Man
I'm disagreeing with LUKE because I simply think the mods do a good job. If I thought the mods were poor, I wouldn't be afraid to express my opinion, after all, I think they could accept it, if I thought they weren't doing a great job.

Actually... even I think some of the stuff he is saying is REALLY getting out of hand...

But you know, sometimes Forums tend to sort themselves out without intervention from the Moderators. The games Forum I use, Edge forum, used to be abuse galore, especially from 1 or 2 members, including me, but now everyone has calmed down and nobody gets aggresive as much anymore. The one moderator there only turns up when he feels like it.

I think some Forums tend to self-regulate themselves if they have members who log on regularly.

Leeza
09-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Yes, you let it go and you do not make posts insulting them.

Anaisa
Erm, yes. What the hell makes an insult valid? Thats like saying, "Oh, forget about Jerry over there, you can insult him as much as you want because its true!"

Insults are insults, and aren't tolerated on good forums. Insults are valid if there true, an your insulting some aspect of them they've made themselves. An if they're deserved. An I'm not saying all the insults Luke has said to people are deserved, because I may not have seen them all.

And how is it brave ti insult the mods? It's chilidhs and idiotic to insult anyone, even more so if you insult someone becuase of their nationality like he's done. I wasn't suggesting insulting the mods was a good idea. I was pointing out that a lot of people will pick on newbies because they think they can get away with it. I was saying that at least Luke doesn't just pick on people that he thinks he can get away with insulting.

Ryth

You don't have to let it go, but you can confront someone you disagree with in a mature way and not act like a little third grade insulting people to sound tough on his mommy's AOL account. You don't have to like or pretend to like anyone, but idiotically making baseless, childish, insults isn't the way to go.

Loony BoB
09-04-2006, 05:06 PM
oh so ok if you dont like someone does that mean you just let it go by
Yes.

and pretend you like them you friggin bunch a saps!
You don't have to pretend you like them. I don't like you, but I'm not insulting you. However, I am banning you for making yet another insult.

And I think this thread has probably gone on long enough. People can feel free to start a similar one up and please, try not to get too carried away like people did in this one...

Shoeberto
09-04-2006, 05:06 PM

Insults are insults, and aren't tolerated on good forums. Insults are valid if there true, an your insulting some aspect of them they've made themselves. An if they're deserved. An I'm not saying all the insults Luke has said to people are deserved, because I may not have seen them all.
That makes nothing valid. It just makes you an asshole.

edit:ohsnap nm

eestlinc
09-04-2006, 06:00 PM
how did this get to five pages?

Leeza
09-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Set your pages to 100. I have only 1 and a bit pages. :)

rubah
09-04-2006, 07:01 PM
oh come on leeza, everyone knows that 30 is best.

Psychotic
09-04-2006, 10:12 PM
does anyone like moderators on here except for psychotic because hes different i mean dont ban me for this its fair just peoples opinion if you do your just trying to silence people see it you staff as views on how you do your jobYeah, I do hate all the moderators on here except Psychotic.

Yamaneko
09-04-2006, 10:35 PM
100 posts per page is the optimal forum browsing option.

rubah
09-04-2006, 10:50 PM
not when it takes three minutes to load eoff at times!

Yamaneko
09-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Not a problem for us 6mbps users.