PDA

View Full Version : What you liked and disliked about all the Dragon Quest games you played

Erdrick Holmes
09-04-2006, 03:43 PM
I was bored so I thought... why not.

Dragon Quest 1-
Liked: Very fun
Disliked: The annoying as hell 'Thou hast' dialouge that appears at the end of every fight. Made the game feel incredibly corny

Dragon Quest 2-
Liked: First in the series with more than one playable character
Disliked: Same as above

Dragon Quest 3-
Liked: Customizable parties
Disliked: Goof-Offs and Jesters were useless till you got to the Dharma Temple

Dragon Quest 4-
Liked: The characters
Disliked: Taloon.... useless piece of crap

*hasn't played 5 or 6 alot to post about it*

Dragon Quest 7
Liked: All the character classes and the plot
Disliked: Th abserd length and the fact that a certian useful character leaves you at a certain point of the game and he never comes back

Dragon Quest 8
Liked: The music, the stat-point system allowing you to totally customize your characters upon each level up
Disliked: Jessica distracted me alot in combat.

DJZen
09-04-2006, 04:57 PM
DW1:

Likes: The music, the mood, ye olde Englishe speeche stylee, the very old school feeling of the game.

Dislikes: Oh look, I've reached Rimuldar, time to spend 10 hours fighting Wolves and Goldmen so I can buy plate armor.

DW2:

Likes: Wow, three people in your party? That means I can cause THREE TIMES the devastation!

Dislikes: Oh... :(

DQ8:

Likes: An incredibly fun meat n potatoes RPG with suprisingly little grinding or farming (considerably less than in FFIV), a good story, fun characters, great voice acting, and general RPG goodness.

Dislikes: Not very much, actually.

Garland
09-06-2006, 07:48 AM
I only played the first three which rounded out the Edrick saga. I liked them for their Olde English theme, and that they were simple but fun stories of good vs evil. Plots don't need to be twisted and convoluted to be enjoyable. A determined hero, a powerful villain and a damsel/kingdom in distress is all you need for a good time, in my oppinion.

vorpal blade
09-06-2006, 11:12 AM
I've only played DQVIII so far (yes, to play the FFXII demo).
Liked: The world stretched out around you, made me feel like I was in the world. The skill point system is good and I liked the cel-shaded graphics.
Disliked: Weapons are expensive as hell and I have yet to find the story very interesting (I'm at the fight with Dhoulmagus in the Dark Ruins now), but I think the story is about to get very interesting.

Captain Maxx Power
09-06-2006, 12:44 PM
I would play DQ8 a lot more, but everytime I play for more than an hour, I start to get a blinding headache. Like some kind of really intense migraine or something. It's a bit worrying since I can play other games (PC games, GBA games, God of War, X-Men Legends 2) for hours without any problems. I had the same thing with Xenogears, having to take breaks every thirty minutes because my head was killing me. Maybe it's something about Manga expressed as a computer game that screws with my head.