PDA

View Full Version : Muse

starseeker
09-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Does anyone here like the band Muse? I really like the Origin of Symmetry album, the songs are creepy.

stuffing
09-04-2006, 06:02 PM
I love Muse

krissy
09-04-2006, 06:18 PM
yeah origin was good
the next one was allright
this last one, black holes and such, it's kinda crap. knight of caledonia is the only song i liked off this last one.

Nominus Experse
09-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Yes, indeed, I very much enjoy Muse.

Origin of Symmetry is also my favorite album due to the fact that it didn't seem so redundant as their most recent works.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
09-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Plug in baby is the only song of theirs I like

Mythra
09-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Haven't listened to much of Origin Of Symmetry but I really like Absolution. Time Is Running out would have to be my favorite song of theirs.

Shiny
09-04-2006, 10:25 PM
I like their song Time is Running out.

Mirage
09-04-2006, 10:51 PM
I'm quite fond of Muse, yes.

~SapphireStar~
09-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Big Muse fan, Origin of Symmetry is my fav album. Their latest is ok, but I prefer their older stuff.

Jsb01
09-05-2006, 05:34 PM
used to like them... I'm sure I still do, just haven't heard them in a while.

edit. Summer Sun was my favorite.

Rostum
09-06-2006, 01:45 AM
I love Muse. Their new album is a bit different but it's still pretty cool.

Hambone
09-06-2006, 11:58 PM
I thought this was the different type of muse like "what motivates you to play music" I've never heard of this muse before.

FallenAngel411
09-07-2006, 12:23 AM
They are quite amazing, but I think they're running out of innovation...their older music was so much better.

Polaris
09-07-2006, 08:06 PM
I think Showbizz it's their best album, 'Absolution' was good but aftre a while you don't want to hear it anymore and with Showbizz I just can't stop to listen it. The few musics I heard from 'Black holes and revelations' aren't as good as before. I guess they got in the commercial part of rock

Quindiana Jones
09-07-2006, 08:08 PM
I like almost every Muse song ever written. Plug-In Baby being one of my favourites.

Bunny
09-07-2006, 08:12 PM
I don't like them as much as I used to, but they are still one of my favorite bands to listen to every now and then. My favorite overall album would be Absolution as it contains a larger number of more of my favorite tracks. However, Showbiz has my favorite track by them, "Muscle Museum". Black Holes & Revelations is a very decent album, but no where near as great as the other two previously mentioned ones.

They have some fairly interesting videos as well. My favorite would probably be "Time Is Running Out".

I Am Stoner
09-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Muse have gone down hill so rapidly. They were soooooooooo good, then they bring out songs like Starlight, I mean WTF, they bring out amazing songs like Time Is Running Out, then start playing songs like Starlight. To give them respect, Assasin was a good song, I liked that, plus Knight of Cydonia. They are the only good songs on the ablbum appart from Map Of The Problematique, witch I loved more than those other two. But Muse should buck up thier ideas.

Cz
09-07-2006, 08:16 PM
A band that breaks into the mainstream, accused of losing their touch? Well I never! :rolleyes2

Quindiana Jones
09-07-2006, 08:22 PM
I like Starlight :(

And well said Cz.

Rostum
09-08-2006, 02:23 AM
I actually found every one of their songs on their new album quite catchy, and fairly decent. I do, however, like their old stuff a lot.

fantasyjunkie
09-08-2006, 05:01 AM
Oh, I like Muse a lot! Good band!

exit60b
09-08-2006, 06:34 PM
Muse = Love.

"Hysteria" is probably my favorite from them, I also like "Time is Running Out" and "Map of the Problematique" from their new album. I prefer Absolution over their new album, though.

KoShiatar
09-08-2006, 06:43 PM
I once met Matthew Bellamy after a gig.
Only once though. :-(

I Am Stoner
09-08-2006, 07:06 PM
A band that breaks into the mainstream, accused of losing their touch? Well I never! :rolleyes2

Dude, the public listen to anything and call it good. I never said they were losing thier touch, I meant it as they are changing thier genre a lot. Muse isn't Coldplay, Coldplay are mellow inde, muse are pop-rock, when I listen to pop-rock bands, I want to hear pop-rock not inde.

Time Is Running Out = Pop-rock

Starlight = inde

Cz
09-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Dude, the public listen to anything and call it good. I never said they were losing thier touch, I meant it as they are changing thier genre a lot. Muse isn't Coldplay, Coldplay are mellow inde, muse are pop-rock, when I listen to pop-rock bands, I want to hear pop-rock not inde.

Time Is Running Out = Pop-rock

Starlight = indeI don't think that releasing one single without over-the-top distortion and a falsetto-filled climax counts as changing their genre. Besides, it's still got some synth arpeggios in the chorus, so it's hardly unrecognisable as a Muse song. :p

Still, it's fair enough if you don't like the song. I'm not a huge Muse fan myself, so I'm in no position to judge the relative merits of their previous and more recent works. What concerns me is that the term "indie" appears to be becoming synonymous with "popular drivel".

I Am Stoner
09-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Still, it's fair enough if you don't like the song. I'm not a huge Muse fan myself, so I'm in no position to judge the relative merits of their previous and more recent works. What concerns me is that the term "indie" appears to be becoming synonymous with "popular drivel".

I know what you mean. I enjoy inde music as much as the next man/woman. One of my favorite bands in that genre are The Verve, "The Drugs Dont Work" is one of the greatest well written song in inde. It also conserns me that inde has now been snapped up as a sub-genre of Popular Culture music, it was once its own genre and stood out, now it has been taken over by the musical cancer that grows more and more every year, that cancer is known as Pop.

I guess Starlight isn't that bad. Not as bad as some of the crap playing on the radio at the moment.