PDA

View Full Version : The Old days or Now?

Marluxiaswife
09-04-2006, 05:16 PM
i like the good old days when i was younger and the good shows and movies were on.

Like my fav cartoons
TaleSpin
Fat Albert

my fav Movies
Homeward Bound
Plunder and Lightning Movie (TaleSpin)
others too

Good shows on tv
Full House
Keeping up the Appearances

like that now cartoons,shows and movies suck now, i'm not really watching tv, i'm started to watch my tapes and dvd's

Quindiana Jones
09-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Woo! I'm the other 50%!

Primary school was amazing and so was being able to watch crappy programs without getting laughed at. God bless childhood.

Sylvie
09-04-2006, 05:19 PM
I miss the old days, when I was alive in the 90's.

The Devil Man
09-04-2006, 05:21 PM
I miss the old days, when I was alive in the 90's.

ohmigod, are you a zombie now?

(sidenote: i'm gonna miss lukesjake. he was very entertaining!)

I miss the Old Days too. Very lovely memories of the past.

boris no no
09-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Ahhh ^^ the eighties were surely the best time to be young :D
And the early nighties. Pat Sharpe and his mullet <3 His hair all short now ;___;

Twisted Tinkerbell
09-04-2006, 05:23 PM
I miss the old days. Sometimes.

Christmas
09-04-2006, 05:24 PM
I will say no to the old days to prove that I am not an old hag.

........:(

The Devil Man
09-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Ahhh ^^ the eighties were surely the best time to be young :D
And the early nighties. Pat Sharpe and his mullet <3 His hair all short now ;___;

Pat Sharp was a l-e-g-e-n-d

Lets not forget Timmy Mallet and Pinky Punky! :bounce:

'Mr Mallet, Mr Mallet, can I go to the toilet?'

ho, ho, ho, ho! Many happy memories of that! :chuckle:

Marluxiaswife
09-04-2006, 05:26 PM
I will say no to the old days to prove that I am not an old hag.

........:(

um....o.k
but i call it old days cause when people think
or

Good old days

Reine
09-04-2006, 05:29 PM
The older days were far superior.

Sega and Nintendo, good TV, you name it~

Rocket Edge
09-04-2006, 05:30 PM
If we are talking about movies the oldies ruled.

theundeadhero
09-04-2006, 05:37 PM
People are blind to the present so they always think the old days are better then the current times. Sometimes they are, but at others your having the time of your life and currently thinking the old days were better. You can't judge it at all until after the days are over.

Sergeant Hartman
09-04-2006, 06:26 PM
The future is where its at.

Moon Rabbits
09-04-2006, 06:28 PM
My teenage years have been turbulent, fun, depressing, angsty, difficult, full of new people and experiences, and full of new freedoms. They've been more difficult than the average teen's years, but I still love them.

My elementary school years were fun, but I prefer the present.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
09-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Things started to get sucky after 2000. Things being music, films, kiddy TV shows etc...

Madame Adequate
09-04-2006, 06:46 PM
Now. Sure, the 'old days' had Animaniacs and Alex Mack and whatnot, but that's pretty much all it has. The future is better than the past.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Defintely now. My life has improved drastically over the last few years.

Melkor_
09-04-2006, 07:23 PM
It wasn't so great,you just did not ponder over such thoughts back then and now you remember the good memories only.Happens to me aswell.

Del Murder
09-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Life is much better now.

Moon Rabbits
09-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Now. Sure, the 'old days' had Animaniacs and Alex Mack and whatnot, but that's pretty much all it has. The future is better than the past.

OH MY GOD I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT SHOW.

I love you so much.

McLovin'
09-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Final Fantasy.

Sunny Day Suicide
09-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Old days all the way. The new millenium sucks.

Captain Maxx Power
09-04-2006, 07:40 PM
My childhood was traumatic, my time at school unfulfilling, and my achievements in the past amount to little beyond zero. The old days sucks. Here's to today.

black orb
09-04-2006, 07:41 PM
>>> The 80s were the best era ever, the 90s were alright. The present suck big time..

Fuego
09-04-2006, 08:38 PM
I will go with the old days before metallica started sueing fans and nirvana wasn't overrated and alice in chains was still pumping out good music . :D good times !

Nominus Experse
09-04-2006, 09:03 PM
In terms of video games, I would rather hear and see a fucking crazy explosion than a drone trying to be passed off as said explosion. I would like to have options, choices, adaptability, graphics and gameplay, etc... Yes, back then the focus was the gameplay, and my god was it addicting, but after so many platformers, it gets boring. It brings back nostalgia to go back and play Blaster Master, Mario, Donkey Kong NES, Jackal, Smash TV, etc... but at some point, I find myself wanting more than simple sounds and music accompanying beeps and pixelated flashes of... something.

Some music was awesome, some sucked, but I would have to say that for the most part, the music in the older days was much better than it is now. Bauhaus, London After Midnight, KMFDM, Metallica before they sucked, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Queen, Siuoxie and the Banshees, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Slayer, Fields of the Nephilim, Front Line Assembly, Soundgarden, Skinny Puppy, Red Hot Chili Peppers when they weren't so damned pop-influenced, it wasn't a crime to listen to Michael Jackson, and so many other bands... People may say that the 80's and 70's sucked for music, but than again, they are nothing but dolts at that point.

The movies were better - there wasn't an overabundance of ludicrous comedies that do nothing but reap sales via scantily clad teenage women on their covers. There was Star Wars, Scientolgy's version of Jesus first showed up, Robin Williams came by, Batman, Spaceballs, Indiana Jones, The Godfather, Edward Scissorhands, The Hunt For Red October, and again, so many more.

The liberty spike mohawks became popular, punk meant punk, not some arbitrary emo-pop band that sang about eating ice cream because their girlfriend dumped them.

The Lycra was cool.

Mountain bikes only had front suspension.

Hair was big.

So, in terms of video games, it's a better age now, but as for music, meh... I find myself listening to more old stuff than new stuff.

The rest is just about the same in ideas of how bad or good it is, though I am glad that those light blue jeans are gone now...

Venom
09-04-2006, 09:05 PM
I like stuff from both.

I Don't Need A Name
09-04-2006, 10:25 PM
yeah, with decent stuff on TV, like Monty Pyton...rather than crap like Little Britain

Fuego
09-04-2006, 11:12 PM
yeah, with decent stuff on TV, like Monty Pyton...rather than crap like Little Britain
I like faulty towers and keeping up appearances :D

Dreddz
09-05-2006, 12:48 AM
I think movies have gotten worse, but TV has definately gotten better.

fantasyjunkie
09-05-2006, 12:53 AM
I will go with the old days before metallica started sueing fans and nirvana wasn't overrated and alice in chains was still pumping out good music . :D good times !

Metallica was suing their Fans???????????? I never knew that!!!!!!! what happened???? :eek:

Marluxiaswife
09-05-2006, 03:11 PM
tv and movies suck now, then it was better like TaleSpin and Fat Albert those are my fav cartoons,

have you noice that the cartoons then are more funny,better drawings and planed out characters?

Araciel
09-05-2006, 04:50 PM
i like tv and movies now, and i liked them when i was a kid...new cartoons don't interest me unless they are the funny ones like...family guy/clone high/undergrads/southpark etc....tv shows now are more like movies in production values anyway (eg. csi)
in short: 'old days' good, present also good but for different reasons

Kain Strife
09-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Well, the old days seemed much better, but I chalk that down to mostly me being a lot easier to please as a child than I am now.

As far as movies go though; no question about it, the oldies win.

Xander
09-05-2006, 10:00 PM
I miss the 90s pop music and the TV shows, better gameshows like Family Fortunes! All that kinda stuff.... but now I have way more internet access, so what more could I need? :D

Marluxiaswife
09-05-2006, 10:41 PM
the past is the best from all!

like the good old final fantasy games :D
good old cartoons toons
good old tv shows
good old video games
good old memories

everything was so good then i wish i lived in the past :(

kissgirls
09-06-2006, 05:28 AM
old days lesson learned
the old days when we were younger are the best! :D

Yuffie514
09-07-2006, 07:22 AM
i can think to the past, but i never cherish a memory in the gap between elementary school (since second grade) and the new era that began since 1997...

Marluxiaswife
09-07-2006, 03:25 PM
when i was younger i hated elementary school and thought juior high would be better....i was wrong and i wanted to rush elementary

now i wish i didn't.....

i want to live in the past!!!!!!!!!:(