PDA

View Full Version : How many times did you die

Shin Gouken
09-04-2006, 09:08 PM
How many times did you die on your first play through?

I died in a fight with seymour (third i think)
Again against dark yojimbo (damn zanmato)
against the dark magus sisters (damn delta attack)
For some reason braskas final aeon (in my defence i had quite low stats)
And penance had me about four times

Zeromus_X
09-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Like, alot.

Now I realize how easy the main game is. :(

Tavrobel
09-04-2006, 09:22 PM
First playthrough? Once, I died in the Al Bhed Home because I got ganked by a Chimaera and didn't petrify him with Tidus OR Wakka. Then Yunalesca came along and killed me endlessly. All my other times were either in the Monster Arena, or deliberately attempting to kill myself.

I think at that point I had maybe 25 Sphere levels (Home), and 40 (Yunalesca).

Shin Gouken
09-04-2006, 09:27 PM
i didnt include my practice battles against the dark aeons :) one practice battle per dark aeon so i could prep and form a battle strategy.

Oh and now i remember being killed by a malboro... ive been killed by a malboro in most ff games o_O

K. H. Kid
09-04-2006, 10:12 PM
About 50 times for me only because of those a-holes Yunalesca and Flux. GOD I HATE THEM!!! (Monster Areana didn't count because technically you can't die)

4evarisha
09-05-2006, 05:17 AM
Alot of times the first time playing it I died against the first monster!!!

bipper
09-05-2006, 07:26 PM
None, till I got to Jecht's final form. I was also way under leveled; I mean, Tidus JUST got hasteaga when I fought seymore and my guys had an average of 2k hps. Th egame was cake walk till then.

Bipper

Venom
09-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Surprisingly alot in the beggining. Not so much near the end.

No.78
09-05-2006, 09:36 PM
First play through I never got past Evrae. And I think I was stuck on Seymour for ages too.

LOL.

Sefie1999AD
09-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Once against Spectral Keeper (bad strategy), once against Yunalesca's last form (Mega Death), maybe three times against Braska's Final Aeon (I was way too underleveled and hadn't done any side quests, my characters had 1500-4000 HP and they were doing 1500-3000 HP damage at best, only Auron could do about 8000 damage after an Armor Break). Oh yeah, and Yu Yevon once cast Ultima on my characters, killing them with 9999 HP damage on everyone. Of course, you can't lose that battle, so my characters were revived, but if it had been possible to lose that battle, I would have lost it that time.

No.78
09-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Well at least I know I'm not the only one who totally didn't train properly on there first play through :). My reason was that I wanted to see what happened next, is this the same with everyone else?

Dynast-Kid
09-05-2006, 09:58 PM
I died too many times to count.

First playthrough? Once, I died in the Al Bhed Home because I got ganked by a Chimaera and didn't petrify him with Tidus OR Wakka. Then Yunalesca came along and killed me endlessly. All my other times were either in the Monster Arena, or deliberately attempting to kill myself.

I think at that point I had maybe 25 Sphere levels (Home), and 40 (Yunalesca).

Why were you trying to kill yourself?Sheer boredom?

Alot of times the first time playing it I died against the first monster!!!

The very first boss?!?!

Isn't it impossible to die against him because,he only casts Demi,and if you even attempt to win,you would...

No.78
09-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Yeah the first boss... Wow, that would be a CHALLENGE to loose against. Hmmm... Unless you hit each other. Ooh, or maybe, the big tentacle thing demis you and the lil sinspawn finish you off???

But really, it is pretty insane to loose to that thing.

Tavrobel
09-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Yes.

The very first boss?!?!
Isn't it impossible to die against him because,he only casts Demi,and if you even attempt to win,you would...

The first battle is fought against Sinspawn. It is possible to fail against the first enemy.

You cannot lose against Ammes unless you had Auron and Tidus atack each other, since Auron and Tidus are forced to use his Overdrive on the first turn (it would take awhile, but possible).

Fear_and_loathing
09-05-2006, 11:03 PM
got killed way to many times by Yunalesca. She scared the hell otta me the third time she transformed.
I nearly wet my pants.:D

The Real Dark Messenger
09-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Actually... I don't think I died until I started fighting "Dark Magus Sisters". Then my world crashed :whimper: :crying2: :crying: :weep:

Crossblades
09-06-2006, 01:47 AM
About 6 times

Kain Strife
09-06-2006, 02:19 AM
On my latest playthrough (which was about the 2nd or 3rd playthrough) I died a few times against Evrae; I always have trouble with that battle for some reason. After that I only died attempting to beat Dark Aeons.

Dynast-Kid
09-06-2006, 03:27 AM
Yes.

The very first boss?!?!

The first battle is fought against Sinspawn. It is possible to fail against the first enemy.

You cannot lose against Ammes unless you had Auron and Tidus atack each other, since Auron and Tidus are forced to use his Overdrive on the first turn (it would take awhile, but possible).

Oh yeah...

The Sinscales,you can die against them.I forgot

TehAnima
09-06-2006, 04:28 AM
In my first play through I couldn't beat Evrae no matter how hard I tried. I ended up restarting the game, thankfully I was much more leveled up the next time and beat the crap out of him. Now he's no problem of course :p

Yuffie514
09-06-2006, 05:43 AM
Mt Gagazet...Seymour Flux
that Lance of Atrophy pissed me off and so does Seymour. of course, i count this as the first and only official fight to the death since it is required to fight "see more".

Omega Ruins...Great Malboro/Denomolith
i doubt the creature in Omega Ruins is called Denomolith, but then again, maybe it is. i don't see another "stupid overgrown ant that got itself stuck in cement" monster in the bestiary.

IceAngel
09-06-2006, 10:30 AM
I remeber I didnt die once when I played my first playthrough.... until I got to the thunderplains. For some reason one monster always got me ambushed after the second savesphere and I was kinda pinned. Stupid monsters. Then i died against evrae and then yunalesca....hmmm wot else?.... Oh yeah and I died when I went to besaid because I wasnt ready for dark valfor. I think thats all...

ValiantKnight
09-06-2006, 10:50 AM
I learned Silence Buster on Demonlith for the win :)
Too bad Malboros ambush and are immune to silence i think.

Madame Adequate
09-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Very little, except for Seymour (Flux?) on Mt. Gagazet.

>_>;

No.78
09-06-2006, 01:18 PM
In my first play through I couldn't beat Evrae no matter how hard I tried. I ended up restarting the game, thankfully I was much more leveled up the next time and beat the crap out of him. Now he's no problem of course :p

Same here! ...

...:choc:

bipper
09-06-2006, 02:07 PM
I think I must have gotten lucky on Yunalesca, cause I was not using a walkthrough, and I had two people zombied and did no get a chance to cure them with holy water before she casted her AE death. Then I kinda got the point. It is rather cheap, when the boss' AI is that shotty, that they actually show you, if not tell you, how to beat every boss.

IceAngel
09-07-2006, 09:33 AM
The first time I got to Yunalesca round 3 she did that Megadeath... I was so not prepared.

sephirothishere
09-07-2006, 11:55 AM
if she casts zombie on you dont use esuna because then when she uses magadeth it will miss....

Armisael
09-07-2006, 12:51 PM
Penance had me 4-5 times! Other than that, i don't remember beaten by someone else!

Shin Gouken
09-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Penance had me 4-5 times! Other than that, i don't remember beaten by someone else!

i doubt anyone did penance first time o_O

Laugh at face of Danger
09-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Dark Shiva has kicked my butt a fair few times... but i haven't killed everything or owned the monster arena yet (because Thu'ban is getting in the way). I've never died against a boss because i do the whole "must grow 50 sphgere levels each before boss!" that most people frown upon.

But Ifrit gave me a hard time, that was before i had any break HP limit things, and some of the monster arena things gave me a bit of gip, but other than that, not really. I tend to reset anyways if i get my butt kicked...or just before :)

jammi567
09-07-2006, 10:02 PM
I have died against the Dark Aeons (exept Valifor) loads of times, because they're so fast and strong.

high summoner yunalesca
09-08-2006, 05:10 PM
dark bahamut killed me thousands of time , its strange really as i could defeat all of the other dark aeons but him....he's really strong compared to the stage my characters were at lol

exit60b
09-08-2006, 07:04 PM
i died way too many times. playing this game and finishing it took long too, but in my defense I was a senior in high school at the time and would only be able to fit an hour of gameplay every couple of days because of all of that schoolwork.

i did manage to finish the game after having my wisdom teeth taken out... i was all drugged out on painkillers and beat it in a couple of hours :D

tidus_rox
09-08-2006, 09:14 PM
None

Nifleheim7
09-08-2006, 10:42 PM
None

:rolleyes2
(only if you didn't try to beat the dark Aeons and the monster arena)

Did you used a walkthrough?

tidus_rox
09-11-2006, 01:34 AM
None

:rolleyes2
(only if you didn't try to beat the dark Aeons and the monster arena)

Did you used a walkthrough?

HEHE... no i didnt do the monster arena, and yes i did use the walk through

CodeVeroby
09-13-2006, 05:29 AM
Only One Time Against Seymur Flux When He Casts Auto Life On Me
And Then The Lightning Rockets Thing

ValkyrieWing
09-13-2006, 07:27 AM
I didn't do the monster arena, but i did the Omega ruins and died a lot in there.

STUPID MARLBORO!

No.78
09-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Only One Time Against Seymur Flux When He Casts Auto Life On Me
And Then The Lightning Rockets Thing

Seymour Uses Auto Life??? LIGHTNING ROCKETSS?!?!

Explain Yourself!

(how can you type like that? ;_; )

sephirothishere
09-13-2006, 12:26 PM
seymour flux uses lance of atrophy and then he casts full life on your character....=instant death..........all the regular bosses are easy if you level up just a tiny bit....and the dark aeons are easy if you have like 255 stats for everything....except luck which i had at 180 or somethin..........i dont remember bein ko......ever...except in my first playthrough.......

Rosenti
09-13-2006, 05:38 PM
One Single time, and it was cause my had to go to the bathroom, and forgot completely what my hp was and just attacked lol

RoxasLeonhart
09-13-2006, 06:25 PM
I went through ffx and I never died one single time.

chain acolyte
09-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Oh and now i remember being killed by a malboro... ive been killed by a malboro in most ff games o_O

lol me too..especially the one in ix.

i only died twice when i fought a malboro and when seymour flux crushed me to pieces.

Shiva_
03-22-2007, 03:43 AM
On my first playthrough, I didn't die much at all until towards the end when my being somewhat under-leveled thru the game began to catch up. Many of my deaths were from that Seymour Flux battle.

Anyway,
-The first time I died was when I first entered the Thunder Plains, but it was because I didn't have any lightening protection armor. I didn't buy any first.

-I died once against first form of Seymour when his aeon Anima pulled Oblivion on my guys; I forgot to summon my new aeon. Beat him on second try as I used my new aeon then.

-Seymour Flux, though, took me many tries. I had like at least 10 game overs before I was able to take him down. I found I had to spend hours leveling up. His zombie attack wasn't the problem for me (I had zombie protection), it was cross cleave and total annihilation. I wasn't fast enough, couldn't do enough damage in time, defense wasn't high enough, and most of all, my max hp was nowhere near enough. I didn't have the abilities that my guys were supposed to have by then either. For victory, I just ended up resorting to spamming my Aeons' overdrives on him.

-Spectral Keeper took two tries as he kept berserking my guys, and those glyphs would blow up under my characters. I wasn't able to easily coordinate on how to move my guys around them. On 2nd try, I just mass Aeon O/D'ed him.

-Then Yunalesca took few tries. On third try, I beat her. She wasn't too bad except her AoE death spell. I didn't have deathproof armor, but keeping my guys zombified enabled them to evade it.

-Then, I had few deaths (freaking Malboros) and couple petrifications in the Omega Ruins when I first went in there. Right after getting the airship, they were just too much for me. After lots of leveling, they became more manageable.

Essentially, I felt like I was limping through most of the game a bit under-leveled. I especially wasn't adequately leveling up Kimahri, Tidus, Rikku, and to an extent, Lulu. It's no wonder I began having so many problems later on, esp. with Seymour Flux. For example, by the time I had gotten to Mt. Gagazet, I was supposed to have Hastega learned for Tidus, but I was nowhere near that in his grid, and Kamahri's stats weren't nearly as high as they should've been either. That robot thing I fought before going onto that mountain was super tough, and I had barely won w/ 1 ally alive with critical hp. 2nd Seymour before that was quite a struggle as well but scraped victory on 1st try. That's why it's important to get your sphere levels up.

I know if I tried to fight Sin right after defeating Yunalesca and obtaining the airship, he would've probably kicked my butt w/ GG. :p

I didn't use a walkthrough on my 1st playthrough until Seymour Flux. In the walkthrough, it said that there were skills/items that I was supposed to have that I didn't have at that point in order to win the 3rd Seymour battle.

Yliette
03-25-2007, 12:47 PM
I lost count. :blahblah:

But the VERY first time I died was with 2nd Seymour at Bevelle.