PDA

View Full Version : Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

ljkkjlcm9
09-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Who else is greatly looking forward to this game. It will eat up so much of my time after it is released!

140 characters? That's insanity!

go to www.marvelultimatealliance.com to see an awesome video and watch as the continuously update characters!

THE JACKEL

Slothy
09-05-2006, 01:41 PM
I originally wasn't sure if I was going to get this even though I liked both X-Men Legends games, but a battle with Galactus, as well as Uatu, and Black Bolt? You might as well sign me up. It seems they're putting in a lot of characters that I never expected, and would love to play as/see in a game. I'm just curious if all of the characters listed on that site are actually playable, or if some are just in for story purposes.

ljkkjlcm9
09-05-2006, 03:58 PM
the way I understand it, all the people with blue right now are playable characters, and all the ones with red are the enemies in the game.
plus it says
"Assemble your Super Heroes – Create the ultimate dream team and dynamically switch team members, starting with 20 playable Marvel Super Heroes, and unlocking even more as you progress. Experience the full scale of the Marvel universe with a combined cast of over 140 characters."

Starting with 20? That's like how many you got total in the X-Men Legends games, so there is going to be a LOT of playable characters!

THE JACKEL

Captain Maxx Power
09-05-2006, 04:48 PM
"X-Men Legends is good, but they should really do a sequel involving all of the Marvel universe. Iron Man was awesome to use"

The words of many a fan now realised I imagine. I think it could be a case of overkill in some ways. I hope it's not too much like X-Men Legends in that certain characters are almost useless (Colossus), whereas some are too useful (Iron Man). With all those characters it's going to be hard to do. I just hope that they A: Allow you start a new game with all of the unlocked characters and B: They provide some kind of side-quests/dungeons to do rather than the main quest. XML2 got a bit much just going through the same story again for Hard.

ljkkjlcm9
09-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Well apparently depending on what quests you choose to do, and which characters you use the most, you can create a team and name it, and you can get different endings.

"Change the course of the game –The missions you accept, and the objectives that you meet, will have a direct impact on how the story plays out. At the end, see how your choices changed the fate of the Marvel universe."

So it prolly isn't completely linear, and prolly has a good replay value.

THE JACKEL

Crossblades
09-06-2006, 12:53 AM
I'm really looking forward to this game. I'm looking forward to play with Iron Man:)

LunarWeaver
09-06-2006, 09:18 AM
I loved the first two Legends game and I'm definitely excited for this. Diablo II is one of my favorite games of all time, and I make sure I check out all the games that rip it off.

I don't think I'd want that many playable characters ._. They can't even balance 20 let alone 140. Even with 20 characters it's more like 10 useful ones 5 average ones and 5 crappier versions of better ones.

Shlup
09-06-2006, 09:23 AM
Elektra's got some serious camel toe goin' on there.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-06-2006, 09:36 AM
I'd say that's the least of her problems. Did they bring in Rob Liefeld as a consultant for these character models?

I Took the Red Pill
09-06-2006, 09:36 AM
Captain America is going to beat the villains down with capitalism and liberty. I can hardly wait.

Slothy
09-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Captain America is going to beat the villains down with capitalism and liberty. I can hardly wait.

Have you ever read a Captian America story since WW2, or better yet in the last few months. Surprisingly enough to those who don't read any Cap, he's not a government pawn and simply fights for the ideals America was supposedly founded on like freedom and liberty. Honestly, I'm more looking forward to him being in the game than I am the likes of Spider-man and Wolverine, and I'm Canadian (and a huge Spidey fan to boot).

I think it'll be pretty cool to be running around tossing Caps shield and controlling it as it hits guys too.

Rase
09-07-2006, 12:27 AM
I'll probably play this when my friend gets it, since these games are always more fun with buddies and I know he's going to buy it anyway. :)

Oh, and that was a sweet intro video.

Roto13
09-07-2006, 12:38 AM
Where's Super Millionaire?

Sylvie
09-07-2006, 12:51 AM
Where's Super Millionaire?

He's working on a crossover involving 400 characters including Marvel, Final Fantasy, Powerpuff Girls, Power Rangers, and Teletubbies.

Markus. D
09-07-2006, 02:06 AM
I wonder if they will balance it....

will Psylock be in it? she was my faveorite female superhero.

and will Spiderman be playable :P.... a quiz I took said I was most like him so... *rolls eyes*

they better have a better skill build system, and one that wasnt glitchy like the PC version of X-Men legends.

edit: lol Silver Surfer. and w00t fantastic 4.

Roto13
09-09-2006, 09:25 PM
I have invites for the VIP membership dealy on that site, if anyone wants them.

Markus. D
09-10-2006, 08:25 PM
knowing me I will probably choose 1 character and solo through the game.

BatChao
09-11-2006, 01:57 AM
I'm pretty sure you will start with all characters unlocked besides the novelty characters (like Deadpool and Ironman in XML2). I think that the playable count is a little more than 20. The next-gen versions will feature 2 characters that the current gen versions won't.

I'm kinda looking forward to this. I liked XML 1&2, but was kinda let down by 2 since I thought the character selection was lacking... it had more characters than XML, but less of the ones I liked... Also, having them all unlocked in the beginning was cool, but kinda anti-climactic, since it was always cool recieving a new character in XML1. I'm pretty excited about the whole thing where you can create your own superteam with matching uniforms and stuff...