PDA

View Full Version : Is this version of FF4 available on console?

Peter_20
09-05-2006, 02:21 PM
I got this ROM version of FF4 on my computer:

http://ungdomar.se/user_file.php?3a5a1a7e61f86515fc111d108ae37362

I found this version to be way superior to the American translation (actually, I thought the American translation sucked, no offence), and I was wondering:
is this version available on console as well?
Because it's actually the only version I can stand playing, and that's a pity, since the game is so great. :(

Is this version available as a re-release, or something? :)
I already got the PlayStation version, but I was looking for some faster alternative, because loading times are always a chore. :mad:

Zeromus_X
09-05-2006, 03:22 PM
The NA SNES translation did suck. So no worries there, unless of course your mother has an ogrish one...:cat:

Well, I'd suggest the PlayStation version, since that has a more accurate translation than the fan translation (if it's J2e anyway), they did take some artistic liberties so it isn't 100% accurate. The only loading times on Chronicles are from saving and loading your memory card when you start the game, so if you use the Memo save properly you can get around that while only having to properly save at the end of your sessions. The loading times never bothered me. Now, if you want bad loading times, try playing Chrono Trigger on Chronicles...:cat:

The Gameboy Advance version is also an option, although the Gameboy Advance isn't really a console, I guess. But it has a revised Chronicles script (meaning nothing is lost in translation, really), with proper titles to things (yes!) besides the characters' names which were taken from their NA localized names because everyone would flip out and riot otherwise.

Peter_20
09-05-2006, 03:32 PM
an ogrish one...:cat:.XD
Best one-liner ever!

Well, the loading times in FF4C indeed WERE endurable, that meaning it didn't bother the gameplay "in action". :D

I'll try the GBA version too. :cool:
Thanks. :heart:

FYI:
Game Boy Advance is a console, I think; a portable console.

undnce
09-05-2006, 09:18 PM
I personaly liked the GBA version best, although I would suggeust that you use a ds or sp because it's backlit.

Sefie1999AD
09-05-2006, 10:13 PM
I'd suggest playing the GBA version. It's a bit more user-friendly than the SNES and PSX versions, and the translation is really well done. I didn't like FFIV's loading times on PSX, and both the graphics and sound seemed a bit weaker to me than on the SNES version. The Hard Type version for SNES with J2e's fan translation is pretty good if you can ignore the fact that the swearing is sometimes overused.