PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Games of Fall 2006

Crossblades
09-05-2006, 03:57 PM
There's a couple of these games I want(Yoshi's Island 2, Children of Mana, Mario Hoops, Mega Man ZX to name a few) but I'm more looking forward to Final Fantasy III DS

A little bit of info of the games that are on the poll can be found here for those that are interested

http://ds.ign.com/articles/730/730196p1.html

KentaRawr!
09-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Yoshi's Island 2 takes the cake and throws an egg at it. =)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Definitely Portrait of Ruin. But I'll also be picking up Contact, Children of Mana, Yoshi's Island 2, Final Fantasy III, and Kirby Corny Subtitle.

edczxcvbnm
09-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Castlevania...and probably Xenosaga I & II when it hits.

Slicksword45
09-05-2006, 08:43 PM
FFIII!

I can't wait!

but i'm saving for a PS3!
BAHHHH! I CAN'T PAY FOR BOTH!

Madame Adequate
09-05-2006, 08:43 PM
Absolutely not a single one of those holds any appeal to me whatsoever. Except, possibly, FFIII. But only if I get bored.

JKTrix
09-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Due to the lack of Elite Beat Agents, Mega Man ZX firmly pushes Castlevania out of the way as my most anticipated game.

Mega Man ZX is actually quite similar to Castlevania this time around, which just adds to the awesomeness.

This is an amazing couple of months for the DS, and I will probably be spending a lot of money getting most of these games.

Edit:
Xenosaga is NOT coming out in English any time soon, if ever. There would have at least been some hint of the game coming if they were really thinking of doing it, however there has been none.

And if none of those games intrigue you, you either don't know enough about any of them or you just have a cold lonely heart.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Oh, and Elite Beat Agents.

I Took the Red Pill
09-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Children of Mana and Yoshi's Island 2.

Dreddz
09-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Probably FFIII and Children Of Mana, nothing else appeals to me that much...

KentaRawr!
09-05-2006, 09:03 PM
How in blazes did I miss FF3, Kirby Squeek Squad, Megaman ZX and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin? O_O

Bunny
09-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Final Fantasy III, first and foremost. Depsite the lack of interest that developed after the tenth installment, I cannot help but pick up and devour each new game that comes out. Well, numerical game anyway. I am avoiding Dirge of Cerberus like the plague.

Children of Mana, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, and Lunar Knights also hold my interest. These are all lesser interests, however, as I do not enjoy playing my Nintendo DS. That might change when I pick myself up a DS Lite, who knows.

edczxcvbnm
09-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Xenosaga is NOT coming out in English any time soon, if ever. There would have at least been some hint of the game coming if they were really thinking of doing it, however there has been none.

I know...and it does dissappoint me...but it is still up there none the less. Outside of children of mana most of those games don't interest me at all. Maybe contact but I don't know enough about it.

FFIII for the loss.

Clouded Sky
09-06-2006, 12:22 AM
Oh I love the DS!

Jowy
09-06-2006, 12:27 AM
Contact looks like a blast. That's got top priority.

Secondly comes Magical Starsign, because I've had some fanatical obsession with Magical Vacation ever since I saw screenshots back in 2000.

Portrait of Ruin, Final Fantasy III, and Elite Beat Agents are all on my 'to get' list too, but I'll get around to picking those up sometime before the holiday.

Shlup
09-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Cooking Mama! Wooo! I'm so getting that.

Rase
09-06-2006, 12:30 AM
Portrait of Ruin, definitely. I expect to spend a good while trying to find everything in this game, and enjoying every minute of it.

Behind that is Final Fantasy III, Children of Mana, and Yoshi's Island 2.

Erdrick Holmes
09-06-2006, 12:54 AM
Final Fantasy III and Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime look very tempting.

ljkkjlcm9
09-06-2006, 01:58 AM
considering this is an FF fansite primarily, I think it's obvious why that one is winning, but I'm looking forward to a lot of those games

THE JACKEL

Zeromus_X
09-06-2006, 02:04 AM
Final Fantasy III. The sole reason I bought a DS (though I'm sure many other games qualify as a reason to buy this dream machine.)

But besides that, Megaman ZX (well, any Megaman games get attention from me, if I can get a hold of them), Children of Mana, and the new Castlevania all look promising.

Kain Strife
09-06-2006, 02:12 AM
Final Fantasy III, Children of Mana and Yoshi's Island 2.

What is this Pokemon Ranger all about? It'll probably be stupid...

Sylvie
09-06-2006, 02:28 AM
Definately FFIII and Mario Hoops 3 on 3.

XxSephirothxX
09-06-2006, 02:42 AM
Is Magical Starsign actually coming out over here? I remember Magical Vaction being featured in the old RPG section of Nintendo Power about four years ago, and I was hoping for about a year after that that it would somehow make its way over here. I was pretty bummed to never get to play it.

Other than that, I'll absolutely get Castlevania, since Symphony of the Night didn't give me enough of that and I've been itching for more. Hell, I bought Dawn of Souls yesterday and I don't even have a DS yet. :p I'll most likely get FFIII and Children of Mana, too. After that, it'll probably be a painfully slow wait for Zelda.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-06-2006, 02:46 AM
Other than that, I'll absolutely get Castlevania, since Symphony of the Night didn't give me enough of that and I've been itching for more. Hell, I bought Dawn of Souls yesterday and I don't even have a DS yet.Dawn of Sorrow.

Sephex
09-06-2006, 02:47 AM
I'll be getting Portrait of Ruin and FFIII for sure.

Jowy
09-06-2006, 03:02 AM
Magical Starsign comes out mid-October.

XxSephirothxX
09-06-2006, 03:18 AM
Other than that, I'll absolutely get Castlevania, since Symphony of the Night didn't give me enough of that and I've been itching for more. Hell, I bought Dawn of Souls yesterday and I don't even have a DS yet.Dawn of Sorrow.

Well, damn, I'm not perfect. *sulk*

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-06-2006, 03:19 AM
Believe me, you're far from being the first one to make that mistake.

XxSephirothxX
09-06-2006, 03:25 AM
To my credit, I haven't played the game yet, and Gamestop put one of those annoying yellow stickers over the spine of the case, which is the only part I can see from here. :p I really should've just, like, looked at it to make sure I had it right, though.

Do you know if having played Magical Vaction will have any significant effect on the enjoyment of Starsign? I wonder if there's an english-translated rom out there anywhere; I've never looked into that with GBA games before.

ljkkjlcm9
09-06-2006, 03:27 AM
Is Magical Starsign actually coming out over here? I remember Magical Vaction being featured in the old RPG section of Nintendo Power about four years ago, and I was hoping for about a year after that that it would somehow make its way over here. I was pretty bummed to never get to play it.
Just so you know, Magical Vacation 2 IS Magical Starsign. The japanese name is Magical Vacation 2 while the US name is Magical Starsign, so yes it is being released here.

NA: Magical Starsign Publisher: Nintendo Release: Oct 23, 2006
JPN: Magical Vacation 2 Publisher: Nintendo Release: Jun 22, 2006

THE JACKEL

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-06-2006, 03:32 AM
Oh, Magical Starsign is what they're calling Magical Vacation: When 5 Stars Align? I'll be picking that up, as well, then.

This one is a prequel to the first game, so you probably don't have to worry about being behind on the story. And considering the extremely loose continuity between all the Mana games, I doubt it would have been an issue even if it had been a sequel.

Just so you know, Magical Vacation IS Magical Starsign. The japanese name is Magical Vacation while the US name is Magical Starsign, so yes it is being released here.There was a Magical Vacation before this Magical Vacation. It was for the GBA. Never made it out of Japan.

JKTrix
09-06-2006, 04:23 AM
Yes, I remember that issue of Nintendo Power and I was looking forward to it. Too bad it never came out, but we get the pre-sequel! And apparently it has some kind of 6-player online.

Also, Mega Man ZX is not getting enough attention. Definitely read up on it!

On the Import side (oh how I love the imports), Jump Ultimate Stars is coming out later this year with more characters from more manga, and online play. Killer app^2

Elite Lord Sigma
09-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Final Fantasy III piques my interest the most. I'll probably also get Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Squeak Squad, and Yoshi's Island 2.