PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions

Sylvie
09-05-2006, 09:04 PM
For this first question, I apolagize if its against the rules to talk about.

I was wondering if there was a way to get a Playstation ISO file and stuff, and be able to put it on a disk and run it on a playstation. If so, can someone find a guide?

My second question:

I keep getting blue screens, and its annoying. I recently noticed that EVERY time I've gotten one, I was in the process of replying to/making a thread on EoFF. Is it possible that EoFF could be causing the problem, or something?

theundeadhero
09-05-2006, 09:24 PM
That depends on what format PS1 games are, really. I know PS2 games are DVD, and you can burn games to a DVD and then play them if your PS2 is modded. The real question is what do you burn a PS1 game to? It doesn't work with burnable DVDs or burnable CDs.

Flying Mullet
09-05-2006, 09:27 PM
As far as I know, you have to put a mod on your Playstation to be able to play burned games. Check out the <a href="http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/916392.html">hardware FAQS on www.gamefaqs.com</a>. There might be some info there that you can use. :chef:

Sylvie
09-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Ok, thanks. Nevermind the first question, I don't feel like going through the modding and whatever crap. xD

My real concern is the last question.

Flying Mullet
09-05-2006, 09:36 PM
For your blue screen, go into your display properties to the color settings and reduce the blue as much as you can. You should not get a blue screen after this.

Sylvie
09-05-2006, 09:39 PM
Well, I was hoping for an answer that was serious. Like, how I can stop the computer from crashing like a bitch. I would normally laugh Bantam, but I've had a bad day and I feel like crap. Sorry for not being humorous. :(

Flying Mullet
09-05-2006, 09:46 PM
I assume that you're talking about the Windoze Blue Screen of Death?

As to what caused it? I would look and see if you've installed any new programs recently as they could have arfed something up. I doubt it's anything on EoFF. Have you accepted any applets or the like recently? They could have put crud on your computer that is giving it problems. Basically, think about anything you're done to your computer just before the blue screen problem arose, as that's probably what caused it. You might also want to run and updated virus scan, spyware and so forth to make sure nothing malicious is on your machine.

Or, as several people on these boards like to preach, you could install Linux on your machine to solve the problem. :p

Sylvie
09-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Alright, thanks a ton. I thought it was Photoshop at first, but then It wasn't open recently and it crashed. I'll do a Virus and Spyware scan, and see if anything comes up. I sometimes get a KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR, but sometimes not, if that helps.

o_O
09-05-2006, 10:34 PM
For the ISO question, without telling you where to get the ISOs (assuming that you're downloading them. You could easily rip them from your own games. :p); in order to play them on your PS2, you need to burn them to a DVD and also to have some way of bypassing the PS2's region check.
There are three ways to do this:
1. Get a mod chip.
Can be a bad or a good idea, depending on how well they do the job. I can be a lucky dip. Also is a fairly cheap option.
2. Get an HDLoader.
It kind of involves the first one, but goes a step further and installs a hard drive in your PS2. Very convenient once you have it, as you can store ISOs on the hard drive and boot up pirated games as much as you like. This is the expensive option.
3. Get swap magic.
This is the option I took. Swap Magic is a disc which loads up and goes past your bios region check, then you pull out the disc tray (or open it, depending on your type of PS2), and swap the disc with the game you want to play. This is the option I took, it's very cheap and won't void your warranty since it doesn't involve opening the PS2. The only catch is that you can't play games with a larger TOC than the Swap Magic disc. As far as I know, that maximum size is around 4.35Gb, so you can forget about multi-disc or DVD9 games (unless you're comfortable compressing/rebuilding and general tomfoolery with ISO images, in which case you can spread a game over several more discs :p).

For the blue screen question, if it's giving you an error about the kernel stack, you may have run out of CPU registers available, which is a decent sized problem. If you get the error while browsing EoFF, I would say it's something to do with your browser. Do you ever get other errors?

crono_logical
09-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Apparently Genji's using the latest stable Firefox on WinXP right now :p

What specs are your PC (CPU and RAM)? Seems an odd error to get unless you have some dodgy piece of hardware with a bad driver installed :p A virus and spyware scan would do no harm too as mentioned earlier :p

Sylvie
09-05-2006, 10:51 PM
Other than kernel stack, It just says there was a problem or something like that.

Clout: I'm not sure about CPU, but RAM is 504 MB.

crono_logical
09-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Next time it happens, try to write down the error message (exactly if possible), including the hexadecimal number line and post it here, since that does give some clues if you know where to look :p Also take note if it changes too :p

Sylvie
09-05-2006, 11:01 PM
I ran the program "Dell Crash Analyst" and it says that a crash problem was a driver called "tfsnifs.sys" or something like that. By TFS Technology. Does anyone know what that is?

Sylvie
09-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Alright, sorry for the double post but I got the info when it crashed again.

--------

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

(Crappy undescriptive support message)

Technical information:
***STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x8223A8D0, 0x8223AA44, 0x805C7478)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.

-------

Also, the only programs I was running was Firefox (EoFF) and MSN Live Messenger.

crono_logical
09-06-2006, 12:18 AM
Google searching says that's apparently a conflict between a CD burning program called Sonic RecordNow! and the nVidia drivers, and is common for Dell machines with such a combination. I'd suggest uninstalling Sonic RecordNow! (probably under Add/Remove Programs in the control panel) and see if that fixes everything, if your machine is also a Dell with an nVidia card in it :p

Sylvie
09-06-2006, 12:40 AM
Okay, I got rid of Sonic RecordNow. cl_out, if this works, you're my fricken' hero.

Neron
09-06-2006, 12:40 AM
this is an area im very familliar in:) and i would be glad to help you,but this matter may take hours to resovle.so ill take you where i learned. go to snip, And click fourms and read the F.A.Q's Everything u need to know and more. Hope This Helps.!

Please don't link to sites which offer pirated material.

Sylvie
09-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Okay, after I restarted, It crashed again. This time the numbers are:

0x00000077 (0xC000000E, 0xC000000E, 0x00000000, 0x007AB000)

:(

crono_logical
09-06-2006, 01:25 AM
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q315266#appliesto

You might have bad RAM or areas on the HD then. To check the HD, you can try running "Chkdsk /f /r" from the command prompt - it may ask to restart your computer to do this. For testing the RAM, you can download Memtest86 (http://www.memtest86.com/memtest86-3.2.iso.zip) - unzip the ISO file inside, burn the image to a CD, then reboot the PC with the CD in the drive so it boots from it :p

rubah
09-06-2006, 02:01 AM
A note on memtest-- only let it go for two or three rounds. After that it'll just waste your time:riiight:

Sylvie
09-06-2006, 02:08 AM
I think its fixed... I had multiple instances of hardware installed, my dad says. He fixed it up and it hasn't crashed. Thanks for all your help guys.