PDA

View Full Version : Extra Missions Help (maybe spoilers?)

Mako_Infused
09-06-2006, 07:47 PM
I got a question about extra mission #21 (Cait Versus the Crimson)...

Rosso has superior speed and reach, how do i beat her with Cait? Does anyone have any secrets or advice?
Also, whenever she knocks me down, Cait is left wide open because he takes forever to get back up...help please.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-20-2006, 07:38 PM
You've probably beat it by now, but for the others that haven't, here's some advice.

I beat it earlier today, and here's what I did. Note: it's kind of a mix between luck and skill. Rosso is one of the most unpredictable foes, so trying to get her down is a pain. But, here's what I did.

When you first start the battle, it's very tempting to attack her when she's standing still. Don't, cause she'll knock you down before you can get a decent hit in. Instead (while keeping her in your sights), run around the perimeter in a circle either CW or CCW, it doesn't matter. Then when Rosso comes charging at you, you should make a medium turn (right or left) just before she hits you and jump. Now, one of three things will happen.

1. She slashes at you once and misses.
2. She does a triple spinning kick move and misses. DON'T GO TOWARDS HER WHILE SHE'S IN MID AIR. She will hit you even though she's not doing anything.
3. She double slashes at you and hits you 80% of the time.

If she does the first two, immediately attack her after she's does. Be very quick about this, because the best you can manage is 2 hits (Cait's punch, and Cait's backflip). Then she hits you. Sometimes she recovers very quickly and only allows you to attack her once before she counters.

Once she hits you, rapidly tap the X button to hopefully jump before he falls down. It works 75% of the time. If he falls and takes forever to get back up, keep pressing X. Eventually you'll recover.

Repeat process.

A few misc notes. Warning: If you get hit by her spinning red homing disc, you may as well start over, cause you can't get up in time before you get hit by the next one. So, even with full HP, she'll keep throwing discs at you til you die.

Don't worry about getting hit by her gun. It takes a measly 9 hp.

The three moogles (possibly more) are located at (the central tower), one of the outer alley ways in the corner, and one of the walls that aren't quite the farthest away from the outside. Don't know if that makes sense.

Sometimes you have to sort of provoke Rosso to come attack you. If she gets too far away, sometimes she'll stay there and attack you with red discs and machine gun.

Hope this helps...