PDA

View Full Version : Bantam = Fail :(

Flying Mullet
09-06-2006, 08:20 PM
My wife loves the new Nickleback song, <i>Rockstar</i>, and always gets excited when it comes on the radio. Being the awesome husband that I am, I decide to surprise her with the CD. So yesterday I go out and pick up a copy. I like the song to, so I open the CD (big mistake), and rip the music into my mp3 collection first. Then, this morning, when my wife's getting ready for work, I sneak the CD into her lunch, with the intention that when she goes to lunch she get's a little mid-day surprise and a pick-me-up to listen to after lunch.

So she called about half an hour ago, and we chat for a couple of minutes, and she never mentions the CD. So I ask her how lunch was. "It was yummy, etc...". Still no mention of the CD. So I ask her to check out the bottom of her lunch bag. She then finds the CD, only to inform me that she picked it up last week. Doh! I asked her why she always has to listen to the song when it's on the radio when she has the CD and she said that she actually forgot that she bought it, left it at work, and this just reminded her that she has that CD in the office. So now I have two copies of a CD and a pretty crappy surprise that did a total 180 on me.

So, when have your best planned surprises or plans backfired in your face?

bipper
09-06-2006, 08:24 PM
I expect nothing but a full 180! Then everyone is suprised! YAY!

BTW, I think you wife failed. That is a common thing amongst married women. :D

XxFinal_CloudxX
09-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Thats so funny!! LOL! Dang thats sux for you!!

Yamaneko
09-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Nickelback sucks.

Miriel
09-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Well, it didn't backfire really. But I bought my boyfriend boxes of Smints imported from Spain. And I was super proud of myself. And then it turned out that his Mom also got him a few boxes of Smints herself. And I was like, "aww, my gift isn't special anymore ;_;." But he still got all the Smints he wanted so that was good.

PS. I thought this thread was gonna be about you admitting how bad your new screenname is and that you regret changing it sooooo much. I'm disappointed now!

Jojee
09-06-2006, 08:47 PM
You do suck :</>D

But the same thing happened with my bf. I bought him a CD as part of his birthday present only he got it like a couple days before his birthday and I had to go return it that bastard and find something else. XD

Tasura
09-06-2006, 09:27 PM
That happened to my mother, I went and bought a game and when I got home I put it on the table and she asked me where I got it, I said I bought it, then she went to her room and came back with a bag, put on her shoes and went to town then came back home alittle while later then took the bag back to her room, it was qite humorous, and thats how I got both the orginal Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank games =P

Psychotic
09-06-2006, 11:04 PM
I bought a copy of Final Fantasy VI before my dad got it as a "well-done on passing your exams!" type of present.

That didn't really backfire on me, but it's a similar situation. I think everyone but that Nickelback fanboy Bantam can agree that two Final Fantasy VIs are much more awesome that two Nickelbacks.

Flying Mullet
09-06-2006, 11:06 PM
...two Final Fantasy VIs are much more awesome that two Nickelbacks.
Two Final Fantasy VIs are much more awesome than just about anything.

Peegee
09-06-2006, 11:11 PM
I was going to buy my gf an expensive something-or-other (probably jewelery). I ended up walking away from the store.

She broke up with me a couple of weeks later. Thank God.

Old Manus
09-06-2006, 11:13 PM
I had a really good post lined up, but Psy stole it.

XxFinal_CloudxX
09-07-2006, 08:42 PM
LOL

Levian
09-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Yeah, XxFinal_CloudxX said pretty much what I was going to say.

Anyway, I had this great plan to infiltrate this headquarter to kill the president, but somehow we all got caught up in these prison cells (it backfired), but it all turned ok 'cause we met this fire dog and I found a motorcycle.

Dignified Pauper
09-07-2006, 09:11 PM
I had a really good post lined up, but Psy stole it.

LOL, You seemed to have failed as well, Manus.

Old Manus
09-07-2006, 09:33 PM
LOL

Skarr
09-08-2006, 01:53 AM
I fail at posting. :cry:

Vikeve
09-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Its okay i fail at life too.:(

Ive been in that same situatoion like everyday and every time i think it'll work out and i still blieve someday it will. hopefully.:(

Fuego
09-08-2006, 11:54 PM
I'd say 50 % of my life ends up that way Bantam ...

I couldn't list specific instances ... we don't have all day :D