PDA

View Full Version : Okami

FallenAngel411
09-06-2006, 08:45 PM
I made a thread on this some months ago, but its long gone now. Anyway, now that it's coming out on September 20, and all these amazing reviews are coming in for it (though all the comparisons to Zelda are getting old), I'm curious to know what people are thinking about it--who's getting it, who's renting it, and who has no idea what the hell it is? I, of course, will be there on day one. :3

JKTrix
09-06-2006, 08:59 PM
*raises hand*

I'm definitely buying this ASAP if I have money left over when I come back from my vacation/pilgrimmage.

LunarWeaver
09-06-2006, 09:20 PM
I can't wait to try this game. I've also read it's much longer than you might expect, ranging in the 30-40 hours. IT'S JUST LIKE ZELDA BIANCA I CAN'T WAIT SQUEEGASM

Dreddz
09-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Okami is going to have to wait for me, I was excited about this game but there are now alot more releases that intrest me more. Cant wait to play this though...

FallenAngel411
09-06-2006, 10:22 PM
I can't wait to try this game. I've also read it's much longer than you might expect, ranging in the 30-40 hours. IT'S JUST LIKE ZELDA BIANCA I CAN'T WAIT SQUEEGASM

I am happy that you are enthusiastic but you must understand OKAMI IS NOT ZELDA IT IS ITS OWN UNIQUE TITLE WITH SOME FAMILIAR GAME MECHANICS THAT ARE EXECUTED IN ITS OWN UNIQUE WAY NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY SO NAAHH CAPGASM

LunarWeaver
09-07-2006, 12:26 AM

I am happy that you are enthusiastic but you must understand OKAMI IS NOT ZELDA IT IS ITS OWN UNIQUE TITLE WITH SOME FAMILIAR GAME MECHANICS THAT ARE EXECUTED IN ITS OWN UNIQUE WAY NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY SO NAAHH CAPGASM

I was just kidding, but now you have offended all 8 of my senses with your caps lock :mad2:

I THINK A COMPARISON TO ZELDA CAN ONLY BE GOOD IN THE END, EVEN IF IT IS A WHOLE NEW BEAST (LOL COZ YOU'RE A WOLF-THINGY GET IT) SLANTYGASM + WIN

It does have cool paintbrush-the-screen mechanics going for it :jess:

I hope the story goes at least a little beyond "rejuvenate the world" or whatever Rainbow Brite crap you're doing in it.

FallenAngel411
09-07-2006, 12:53 AM
It.....it completely isn't Zelda....... ;__;

PUPPYDOG EYES I AM WIN.

This is dangerously close to spam. Someone say something serious. I can't think of anything.

StarlightAngel
09-07-2006, 03:28 AM
I'd get it, but the PS2 is going away soon =/

stuffing
09-07-2006, 04:27 AM
I hate Japanese cartoon-style games, so no, I won't be buying it

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-07-2006, 05:38 AM
It's not styled like anime, actually, its art is far closer to the ancient Japanese scroll art.

It looks like an awesome game with some great innovative concepts like the celestial brush and the storyline stepped in old Japanese lore. It's definitely a game I want to get.

Araciel
09-07-2006, 06:49 AM
i will definatly rent it at least...i almost NEVER buy a game at release. i'm sure by the looks of it though that i won't be disappointed. the graphical style looks good and the characters are a little unconventional which i always like. it's hard to spend so much money on games though...i have many platforms as well as my comp so i buy many and then get bored with them after a week or two! thank goodness for EB

Necronopticous
09-07-2006, 06:51 AM
My copy is already paid for, I'm just waiting for it to ship.