PDA

View Full Version : FFXI FFXII

Trakar
09-07-2006, 04:18 AM
FFXI & FFXII LEGEND?

Why? why japanese producers and directors changed the game strategy?

Is it because the japanese producers get bored the old rpg genereation?

please tell me people?

greets Trakar!

Orophin
09-07-2006, 04:26 AM
First of all, I don't think that FFXI with the battle system we all know in FF would work, I mean a MMORPG with the battle systems of FFX???

Also, Final Fantasy was always about change since the beginning, they always scraped the other FF systems and made a new one for the next game.

And Finally, why post this in the FFVII forum?

Bahamut2000X
09-07-2006, 04:58 AM
Change is good...sometimes. Like look at FFX-2....god awful change that shouldn't of happened.

FFXI, it was only a matter of time till they made an online FF. And personally I'm glad they did. Now if they just made it not as tedious, and quicker to get enjoyability out of it. Well at least the new ToA stuff is easy enough at the moment.

As for FFXII, the new battle system is pretty nifty. While still loosely having similarities to older systems, still has some freashness that gives you some new excitement in battle. Although I'm still a bit more fond of the traditional FF4-6 + 9 system of combat. Those worked out the best in my opinion, and had the most interesting battles period.

And yeah, this is in the wrong forum. >.>

LunarWeaver
09-07-2006, 05:19 AM
I don't know why they made XI and XII like they did because I don't work for Square :jess:

... Or do I :shifty:

Aralith
09-07-2006, 05:35 AM
Well, they changed the battle system to add some more reality to the games (at least that's what I'd guess). I personally found the battle system in XII enjoyable. I have yet to play XI so I cannot talk from personal experience, but I have seen the battle system and it would appear to me that it would be impossible to incorporate the old turn-based system in an online game in which you interact with other people. So, there isn't really a problem with either battle system that I can see.

Zeromus_X
09-07-2006, 05:57 AM
Yeah, well, we can't stand around and wait for a bar to fill up forever. We get to move around and wait for it to fill up forever now! :cat: Why, back in my day, we didn't even have a bar at all...:cat:

LunarWeaver
09-07-2006, 06:02 AM
Yeah, well, we can't stand around and wait for a bar to fill up forever. We get to move around and wait for it to fill up forever now! :cat: Why, back in my day, we didn't even have a bar at all...:cat:

People these days just don't appreciate an indicator of the next turn like they used to *sad*

Zeromus_X
09-07-2006, 06:04 AM
Yes, I also remember when 'Active Time Battles' were the wave of the future....oh! Don't worry! I'm coming Elizabeth! :cat:

ljkkjlcm9
09-07-2006, 12:34 PM
To be honest I kinda enjoyed back in the old days of FFI when it was even. All my guys get to attack once a turn, and all the enemies get to. Makes it an even battle ground really. Then at some point they started adding in this "Enemies attack whenever" I believe FFIV was the first to have that, where you can sit there and the enemy can keep attacking. Back in the old days I need not pause during battle, just didn't select to attack, and nothing would happen. HMMMM, I wonder if they made it "Active" battles for FFIII DS or kept it the classic NES style battles....

THE JACKEL

Elpizo
09-07-2006, 02:51 PM
HMMMM, I wonder if they made it "Active" battles for FFIII DS or kept it the classic NES style battles....

THE JACKAL
Don't worry, FF III DS has good old turn based battles, like the original. :)

bipper
09-07-2006, 03:15 PM
I was under the impression that ATB and turnbased were quite different...

DJZen
09-08-2006, 09:37 PM
That impression would be correct. There have been several different turn styles used in the FF series.

TBB (Turn Based Battle)
ATB (Active Time Battle)
ATB3 (ATB Version 3.0)
CTB (Conditional Turn-based Battle)
ADB (Active Dimension Battle)

All have significant enough differences between them to warrant their own name.