PDA

View Full Version : Underrated skills.

feioncastor
09-07-2006, 04:50 AM
After checking out a thread about skills that I avoid, I thought, "Hey, wouldn't it be fun to make a thread about skills that are awesome and most people never use them?"

So I'm doing that.

Concentrate - This skill is awesome, especially for non-archers. You see, monks can do a ridiculous amount of damage, but their hit percent is often low. Give them concentrate and those days are over.

Counter Flood - Once you have a mastered Geomancer, this skill is super cool because of the random status effects that it can leave on the enemy. I'd never waste a turn using a geomancer skill because they just aren't powerful enough, but I have no problem using it as a long range counter attack.

What about you guys? What are some skills that you've found useful that others are likely to overlook?

BG-57
09-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Move-Get MP: In most of my games I've slavishly attached Move +2 (or +3) to my units except for the few key battles where Ignore Height is useful. In my most recent playthrough I found that with trying to hit enemy summoners with Zodiac, Move-Get MP allows me to recast without wasting ethers. Works well with any MP-hungry profession.

Float: Again I've only recently found the value in using Float; it allows my units to be right up against enemy units on the same elevation and my unit with Math Skills will miss them when calculating against height. I use this when my leveling my nongeneric units and they are using the Knight's break skills to get JP. Theoretically you can also dodge earth elemental spells with it, but how often does that happen?

aerithsloveslave
09-07-2006, 01:09 PM
Maintenance... not that useful for most of the game, but it's a lifesaver during your battle againstMeliadoul.

Remon
09-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Dragon Spirit-A lifesaver usually for Lucavi Battles because of their Death sentence.
Move HP up-Great if you are fast.
Hp Restore-When you're down this thing takes you up.Restores all hp when in critical stasus.Useful for tough battles.
Sunken StateBeing invisible is the best thing that could happen to ya.

Ziekfried
09-08-2006, 04:38 AM
Abandon: doubles all of your evade including equiment. blade grasp is wonderful but overrated.

Gansx
09-08-2006, 08:20 AM
The "Mime" or sing ablility

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-10-2006, 11:28 PM
Hamedo- add a little excitement and risk to the battles.

Teleport- Roll of the dice

Catch- Risky but if you get something rare like a "Whale Whisker"... Oooo...:D

feioncastor
09-11-2006, 07:06 AM
Catch- Risky but if you get something rare like a "Whale Whisker"... Oooo...:D

What is a "Whale Whisker"?

BG-57
09-11-2006, 12:28 PM
If memory serves, it's a Stick-type weapon that Oracles can use.

MogThief
09-14-2006, 07:12 PM
Move-Get-Exp is pretty good for leveling up. I also like Move-HP up in combination with regen. That's like getting over 100 HP each turn.