PDA

View Full Version : Whats Your Oppnion on Smoking?

Neron
09-07-2006, 06:27 AM
I Just wanted to see what the EoFF Fourm Mebmer thought about "smoking"....

Araciel
09-07-2006, 06:28 AM
smells bad, everyone in my family does it except my little sister and i....its expensive too and kills people apparently

Neron
09-07-2006, 06:31 AM
Aggred it smells bad,and Atm my Grandma is dieing of Stage 4. Lung cancer after smoking for 43 years. but smoking i find is relaxing.i havent had one in 6 months so im dieing for one.lol.but i do aggre its bad for you and pricy

Araciel
09-07-2006, 06:34 AM
yup never tried one before, never will

Neron
09-07-2006, 06:35 AM
i regret i ever did...it only takes one puff.

Jojee
09-07-2006, 06:38 AM
Okay, but kinda stupid, because it's addicting, ruins your lungs, and too expensive :3

As for smoking itself, it's not so bad. Not so good either, don't really see what people are going on about getting addicted and stuff. Then again I've only tried one cigarette. Don't plan to again. ^_^

Shlup
09-07-2006, 06:39 AM
i regret i ever did...it only takes one puff.

...To what?

Araciel
09-07-2006, 06:41 AM
yeah i would think addiction takes a bit more than that

LunarWeaver
09-07-2006, 06:43 AM
There are better drugs to spend your hard earned money on.

Jojee
09-07-2006, 06:43 AM
Also, kissing a smoker would be gross =[

Neron
09-07-2006, 06:46 AM
blagh! i would imagine so.:p lol..it only takes on puff to get addicted..thats what Mr.Brokaw said (my science teacher) becuase the raised nicotine levels.

Shlup
09-07-2006, 07:02 AM
Your science teacher must have an interesting definition of addiction.

Yuffie514
09-07-2006, 07:09 AM
it causes bad breath and lung cancer and it's great i'm not one gifted with the acquired taste for cigarettes (or alcohol), so longevity is on my side...

Yamaneko
09-07-2006, 07:11 AM
I don't smoke because it's not good for me, but if people want to smoke that's their choice. Just obey the smoking laws in place.

Christmas
09-07-2006, 07:12 AM
It is terribly harmful to your health.

Miriel
09-07-2006, 07:13 AM
Smoking sucks cause it smells BAD. Bad bad bad bad bad bad bad.

If you smoke, YOU smell bad. Your clothes smell bad, your living space smells bad, your car smells bad, you are just a bad smelling person and you should go away cause you smell BAD.

Nominus Experse
09-07-2006, 07:21 AM
I absolutely want to kiss my girlfriend and taste and feel the gritty feeling of ash and dirt afterwards. Oh, and I also want to hear her cough and spit out phlegm frequently. That is romantic.

That is what I want in my life, and I am sure that's what everyone does.

Yamaneko
09-07-2006, 07:24 AM
Smoking sucks cause it smells BAD. Bad bad bad bad bad bad bad.

If you smoke, YOU smell bad. Your clothes smell bad, your living space smells bad, your car smells bad, you are just a bad smelling person and you should go away cause you smell BAD.
Most smokers I know never smoke inside. That's just stupid.

Neron
09-07-2006, 07:38 AM
eww.ya i hate going into a smokers house and coming out smelling worst than them! lol.

Slade
09-07-2006, 08:05 AM
Waste of money. I don't really care that it kills people, because it's their choice in the first place to start. I can think of better things to waste money on.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
09-07-2006, 09:36 AM
I've never smoked a whole cigarette in my life. I've taken an inhale just for the sake of my own interest which turned out to be one of the most pathetic experiences I've ever been through. I think it's pretty obvious I won't be trying it again

Jowy
09-07-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm an angry smoker who smells nice, smokes inside, and burns candles to make the room smell like strawberries instead of secondhand smoke and also hates stereotypes. ;)

I've started the 'quit smoking project' this week and I'm doing a damn good job so far though. They're relaxing when stretched out across the day as opposed to mindlessly smoking cigarettes.

Shlup
09-07-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm an angry smoker who smells nice, smokes inside, and burns candles to make the room smell like strawberries instead of secondhand smoke and also hates stereotypes. ;)
I'm fine with smoking, and have done it myself many times, but if you think you're covering up the smell you're fooling yourself. When you smoke, it clings to you; when you smoke indoors, it clings to everything. Burning a candle doesn't make that smell go away.

theundeadhero
09-07-2006, 10:19 AM
http://www.geocities.com/floydsarmy/kill.jpg

Germ Hamee
09-07-2006, 10:48 AM
I smoke. It's going to kill me. I reek. It consumes tons of my money. I wish I would have never started.

But I don't want to quit.

boris no no
09-07-2006, 10:55 AM
I used to smoke and have quit ans started again so many times.
Currently in a non-smoking phase ^^ But I really think that smoking in public places like pubs and such like is horrible.
My uni pub is an entirely non smoking area and its so much nicer to give myself liver problems without the hassle of the added lung damage ^^

Venom
09-07-2006, 11:29 AM
I dont care if someone takes up smoking because its not my choice whether they can or cant, but I would rather not have them smoke around me.

KentaRawr!
09-07-2006, 11:59 AM
It smells very yuck, and you don't exactly gain anything from it except for a taste of something and the satisfaction to your addiction. It's a waste of money.

Resha
09-07-2006, 12:11 PM
It always confuses me when people say smoking smells bad. I think it's lovely -- I love the smell of cigarette smoke, I love ripping cigarettes and sniffing the tobacco. I don't smoke (tried it once but meh).

Sunny Day Suicide
09-07-2006, 12:25 PM
If people smoke they smoke. It's their problem.

Skogs
09-07-2006, 12:43 PM
It's a completely daft thing to do. In medicine, it's probably easier to list the things that smoking doesn't cause, than list the things that smoking does cause. Of course it's a free country and it's a personal choice thing yada yada yada, but I can't help but think that to smoke, you just can't be quite right in the head...

Breine
09-07-2006, 12:48 PM
I guess it's okay. I've tried it a few times, but I won't ever be doing it on a regular basis. Mainly because it's very unhealthy and I also think it's disrespectful to smoke in some public places (you know, the whole second-hand smoking thing)..

oddler
09-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Don't do it. :)

Kain Strife
09-07-2006, 01:00 PM
I'm an off and on smoker. I can quit anytime because I don't seem to get addicted to it, but sometimes I do it because it can be relaxing and it smells nice.

Owen Macwere
09-07-2006, 02:42 PM
I don't like it, and don't do it!.

Teiju
09-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Every cigarette one takes averagely reduces your life-span for a whopping three and a half minutes! Holy crap. Instead of dying at 82, I'm going to die at 81 years, 364 days, 23 hours, 56 minutes and 30 seconds. Damn, but I really need those final few minutes to say my goodbyes.

It really wouldn't bother me, either way, because I'm going to die at 31 by an alien abduction. Woe betide me.

I don't smoke myself; nor do I ever see myself as becoming an avid smoker. It seems to me like a waste of money and time, and also health. But to tell the truth, smokers around me don't bother me - you can blow your smoke in my face, I don't mind. I don't particularly like it, but then, at the same time, I don't particularly like the taste of air... or anything, for that matter.

The thing is, though, my Mum was a smoker when she was pregnant with me. Stastistically speaking, I'm more likely to become a smoker than my brother, whom had a non-smoking mother as he was turning from a foetus into a child. But the truth is, neither of us will probably resort to smoking because we are too poor.

Levian
09-07-2006, 02:52 PM
I don't smoke, so I get my unhealthyness quota from licking surfaces in public restrooms to compensate.

Roto13
09-07-2006, 03:22 PM
If people smoke they smoke. It's their problem.

Tell that to my brother, who has health problems caused by my father's secondhand smoke.

Peegee
09-07-2006, 05:55 PM
I don't judge negatively.

Smoking is cool. Lots of people I know do it. I can do it but don't enjoy it.

Old Manus
09-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Cigars, man.

bipper
09-07-2006, 07:32 PM
If one is smoking they should stop, drop, and roll immediately.

Bunny
09-07-2006, 07:48 PM
I used to smoke but I quit due to the fact that I felt terrible after I lit one up. I cannot attest personally to the effect it would have on my bank account, as I always smoked with friends and they lent me one, but I have seen the sorts of things it does to other people's wallets. Also, it is unhealthy.

And despite the uncomfortable factor and feeling bad afterwards, during the initial smoking of it, I was very relaxed.

I voted for one, four, and six. I never found it to be very addicting, either. And while I have no doubt that it is addicting to some people, it was just something I did because I didn't have anything better to do. I up and quit one day, cold turkey, without a problem.

Auragaea
09-07-2006, 08:21 PM
I'm never going to smoke, but I do love the smell.

Quindiana Jones
09-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Bottom three. Amen.

Dubhghlas
09-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Smoking, it's a personal choice. I am a smoker yet I am trying to come off it right now, not had one for a day! I like others here go back and forth through periods of non-smoking. I had to give up smoking weed and when that happened I started smoking. Silly I know. Yet a part of me really hates smoking. It's just habbits are hard to kick and nicotine is highly addictive.

When the puiblic smoking ban happens were I live I think I'll be able to kick it for good. It was going into a pub before that made me start again, arggh! I've been to a couple of non-smoking bars and the quality of air is noticably different. Bring on the ban! :p

Roto13
09-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Bars are great now that people aren't smoking in them. They're actually somewhat pleasant places to be. :P

Dubhghlas
09-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Even though I smoke I do agree that it can be over powering sometimes. Just sitting outside at a bar you can often notice the sheer volume of smoke escaping! Thats really not healthy. I really have to quit this time!

Roto13
09-07-2006, 09:34 PM
I wish you all the luck in the world.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-07-2006, 09:41 PM
I agree with both statements "Unhealthy, And idiotic.." and
"Its Addicting, And Unhealthy," but chose the former.

Dubhghlas
09-07-2006, 09:43 PM
I wish you all the luck in the world.

Thanks. I appreciate that :)

RiseToFall
09-07-2006, 10:50 PM
~I have been smoking for three years now and I absolutely hate it. Back when I started I was still in high school trying to fit in or whatever, all I know is that I made a big mistake.

I have been trying to quit for a while now, but that damn nicotine craving just keeps coming back. It really is a horrible position to be in.

Also there are instances that I just have to have one.
For instance

1.one of my buddies or my g/f calls and for some reason something happens where i just need one it's like a bell goes off. Guess I need a phone in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

others include

2. after eating

3. after my 2 and a half hour humanities class.

4. in my car

5. after sex

6. when im bored

7. at parties (usually when drinking)

But you know what I'm going to quit, I don't know how just yet but it's going to happen. oh yeah here's my motivation
Don't Click If Your Squimish
http://www.lungusa.org/atf/cf/%7B7A8D42C2-FCCA-4604-8ADE-7F5D5E762256%7D/dirty_lung1_hr.jpg
that's a lung

Zeldy
09-07-2006, 10:55 PM
I think its stupid, but I can't STOP them. What right do I have?

Its a selfish thing is smoking, second hand smoke is a killer too.

I Am Stoner
09-07-2006, 10:57 PM
My opinion is............ whatever. I dont give two /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifs about smoking, people can smoke around me, they can breath smoke near me. I really dont give a flying fuck. I will defend my mates if other people are like "oi you, put the fag out" and /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif like that. I dont really care about anything to do with smoking any substance, as long as they dont make me do it, its none of my buisness.

Roto13
09-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Clean lungs aren't exactly pretty. http://www.lungusa.org/atf/cf/%7B7A8D42C2-FCCA-4604-8ADE-7F5D5E762256%7D/clean_lung_hr.jpg

Germ Hamee
09-07-2006, 11:59 PM
1.one of my buddies or my g/f calls and for some reason something happens where i just need one it's like a bell goes off. Guess I need a phone in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

2. after eating

3. after my 2 and a half hour humanities class.

4. in my car

5. after sex

6. when im bored

7. at parties (usually when drinking)

Yup, it's all those habits that make it feel so freaking impossible to quit. My most successful attempts haven't lasted more than a few hours, because one of the above will happen and I find myself with a cigarette in hand. After eating and while driving are the ones that really get me.

That and attempting a diet at the same time. It just doesn't work.

Leen-Leen
09-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Smoking? I think it's stupid. Not only are you probably slowly killing yourself, but you might be killing others around you, too, with the second hand smoke. I've heard that second hand smoke is actually more dangerous that actually smoking.

KH-Cloudy
09-08-2006, 12:06 AM
its stupid, kills u,kills other people around u

~ITS WACK

Moon Rabbits
09-08-2006, 12:33 AM

<3.

Roto13
09-08-2006, 12:36 AM

<3.

He was kidding.