PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild of Evangelion

JKTrix
09-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Of all places, I found this on 1up.com. In a blog.

http://38.99.15.82/do/blogEntry?bId=7432598&publicUserId=1002415

New Evangelion movie series, with new content. I may actually be interested in seeing this. Since Eva first came out several years ago, there have been numerous shows that were obviously influenced by it, and a few may have even greatly improved on it. I really want to see if Evangelion can re-establish itself as a top quality anime 10 years later.

If anyone can find a better link with more info, please post it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-08-2006, 09:25 AM
So, after two movies, several video games, "director's cut" video releases, a manga version, and then remastered DVDs of the entire series--to say nothing of the dozens of figurines, from Evas in action poses to Rei wrapped up in nothing but gauze to the Angels themselves <a href="http://www.gainax.co.jp/goods/angel_xx/index.html">anthropomorphized as scantily-clad young girls</a>--they are still not finished milking this franchise for all it's worth.

Shlup
09-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Dozens of figures? Try hundreds. I have 32 myself.

But, hell, why not more? More to choose from.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-08-2006, 09:45 AM
I just wonder what the big Rei exploitation will be this time around. Last time, she was turned into a naked luminescent giantess while a dozen Rei-Evas circled her and moaned in ectasy as they impaled their own throats. Then billions of glowy Rei-souls transmigrated through her interior like so much sperm before she finally ended up straddling Shinji in an ocean of orange goo. It's going to be hard to top that.

Shlup
09-08-2006, 09:49 AM
It's the Japanese. They'll think of something.

Ryushikaze
09-08-2006, 09:51 AM
You forgot to mention the manga series based on said video games, KR.

Though you wanna know how you make Eva better? Stop pretending that it has a deep philosophical meaning (one glance at anything else Gainax has does kinda reveals any meaning they hit is purely on accident). Or make Shinji less of a smeghead, like they did in the AU manga.

Paro
10-01-2006, 06:13 AM
i'd like to see what they do with it, i just hope it's good. can it live up to the original?