PDA

View Full Version : Abortion

karl 2
09-07-2006, 06:15 PM
what do you think

Bunny
09-07-2006, 06:25 PM
My views can be somewhat askewed on the subject because of my complete apathy towards it. I am pro-choice in certain circumstances, such as unwanted pregnancy by way of rape. However, in other circumstances, I do not believe abortion is the right answer. For example, a woman makes a conscious decision to have unprotected sex and by this way gets pregnant. I do not believe that situation, regardless of whether or not the woman could manage to take care of the child, is necessarily worthy of an abortion. Adoption would be my answer to that.

But, really, I don't care. My views are mostly built because saying "I don't really care about abortion" isn't very good for a topic. Eh.

Christmas
09-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Bad Bad. :(

bipper
09-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Bad Bad. :(

werd. werd.

Essência
09-07-2006, 06:29 PM
I think that is a complicated, because if we are talking about a woman with money for fead the child and have a good home I think that in her case that is a crime, but if is a teeneger i dont think it is, because the child would screw her life, she couldnt go to the school or stay with her friends as much as she wants, and theres another thing: the father. Would he take care of a child when he is a teenger? In Portugal that is forbiden, but I think that is wrong in a few cases.

bipper
09-07-2006, 06:32 PM
It is not complicaded. It is the cascading effect of a choice in which a fetus is produced. Killing the fetus, life, is strictly a disrespectful abombination to life and social morality in itself. All to escape a personal responsability due by concious decision. And in case of rape, still due by a conceous decision to remain part of a social world.

Bippe

The Devil Man
09-07-2006, 06:34 PM
If a woman has been sexually abused by an elder, or gets pregnant by way of rape, then abortion has to be accepted otherwise it would be traumatic for her for the rest of her life.

Otherwise abortion is probably wrong. But i still agree that it's the choice of the woman, so it's up to her to do what she wants.

bipper
09-07-2006, 06:36 PM
If a woman has been sexually abused by an elder, or gets pregnant by way of rape, then abortion has to be accepted otherwise it would be traumatic for her for the rest of her life. That is concequence of living, and being a social creature. Life has concequence. Passing concequence onto another life, albiet a fetus or a goat, is wrong.

Otherwise abortion is probably wrong. But i still agree that it's the choice of the woman, so it's up to her to do what she wants. It is the choice of the woman to not have sex, or not to live. It is not the choice of the woman, whether her children live or die.

The Devil Man
09-07-2006, 06:37 PM
It is not complicaded. It is the cascading effect of a choice in which a fetus is produced. Killing the fetus, life, is strictly a disrespectful abombination to life and social morality in itself. All to escape a personal responsability due by concious decision. And in case of rape, still due by a conceous decision to remain part of a social world.

Bippe

Whatever way you look at it... if a woman has been raped and gets pregnant, she has every right to have an abortion.

The Devil Man
09-07-2006, 06:38 PM
It is the choice of the woman to not have sex, or not to live. It is not the choice of the woman, whether her children live or die.

It is her choice. It's her body and her life you have to think about too.

Roto13
09-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Ugh, I hate that "except when the woman is raped" exception. It's so hypocritical. If a mass of DNA is a person, how it's formed shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not it has the right to exist. Why is "murder" ok because someone raped someone else?

Personally, I think abortion is fine. Rape or not.

bipper
09-07-2006, 06:41 PM
It is the choice of the woman to not have sex, or not to live. It is not the choice of the woman, whether her children live or die.

It is her choice. It's her body and her life you have to think about too.

I do not have to think about it; she does. I do however, have to worry about inhumain and unfair acts and the over logicification of our humainless society.

bipper

The Devil Man
09-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Ugh, I hate that "except when the woman is raped" exception. It's so hypocritical. If a mass of DNA is a person, how it's formed shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not it has the right to exist. Why is "murder" ok because someone raped someone else?

You might hate it, but to put it bluntly if YOU knew some woman who was raped and she was extremely close to you, and she became pregnant and wanted an abortion would you be saying to her 'Why is "murder" ok because someone raped someone else?'

Just because it's not happening to someone close to you, don't think you can pass off your righteousness to someone else.

bipper
09-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Just because it's not happening to someone close to you, don't think you can pass off your righteousness to someone else.

But yet you can pass off your rightousness onto an unborn child? In the form of termination?

The Devil Man
09-07-2006, 06:47 PM
But yet you can pass off your rightousness onto an unborn child? In the form of termination?

If your mother/sister/wife/daughter suffered this way would you be saying what you are typing above?

Christmas
09-07-2006, 06:47 PM
As long as it is alive(and not the result of a horrifying experiment product like Sephiroth or anything alike.)(Sephiroth = bad bad. :mad2:) , it deserve a chance to live whether it is created out of a mistake or not.

bipper
09-07-2006, 06:49 PM

If your mother/sister/wife/daughter suffered this way would you be saying what you are typing above?

yes; I can. Because I have suffered an abortion. I will never be the same because of it. I know the trauma first hand; and I would rather have my daughter/wife have a life to show for their pain, than an emotional scar that no EOEO post could heal!

Bipper

The Devil Man
09-07-2006, 06:53 PM
I like you Bipper. I think you're one of the funniest guys on this Forum and you're probably the only reason I even bother coming to this Forum everyday as your Posts are really entertaining. In fact, when I think about it you ARE the only reason I still come here.

I'm gonna stop posting in this topic now. I am very sorry for your loss and I am sorry you have had to suffer. If my Posts caused you and offence, I sincerely apologise and I hope you never have to go through anything so terrible ever again.

I hope you and your family are now okay and, again, I am very sorry for everything that has happened to you.

Old Manus
09-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Why are these arguments started in the hope that we can come to a conclusion?

Nominus Experse
09-07-2006, 07:15 PM
I will terminate fetuses and sperm and overies, but I will not take the life then had once it becomes an actual human baby.

Roto13
09-07-2006, 07:16 PM

You might hate it, but to put it bluntly if YOU knew some woman who was raped and she was extremely close to you, and she became pregnant and wanted an abortion would you be saying to her 'Why is "murder" ok because someone raped someone else?'

No I wouldn't. Read my post. All of it, this time.

Miriel
09-07-2006, 08:04 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=91978

We already have a discussion on this topic going on EoEO.