PDA

View Full Version : Down on my Luck

Laugh at face of Danger
09-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Luck. I need more luck. I have very few of those "convert the empty node into a luck node" doo-dads, and not only that, but i don't have any spheres to activate the nodes i just converted. Any things i can mug/defeat/bribe to get these two items? I've made evrything in the monster arena (aside from nemesis) and i'd rather not bribe anything, anyone got any ideas?

jammi567
09-07-2006, 10:00 PM
To get Luck Spheres, you need to fight Greater Sphere of the monster arena. To get the fortune spheres to actervate them, you need to fight Earth Eater.

Tavrobel
09-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Purple nodes (nodes that convert an empty node) are dropped by the Greater Sphere; one for kill, two for overkill. Red nodes that activate said Spheres are dropped the the Earth Eater; one for kill, two for overkill. This is the ONLY way to obtain more of these Spheres, besides plot events.

Earth Eater has about 1.35 million HP, while the Greater Sphere has 1.45 million.

Beware, for there is a chance that the drop will be a Dark Matter (one for kill, two for overkill), approximating between 12.5 and 25%. If you have already activated Nemesis, it means you should be ready to fight both of the Creations for prolonged periods of time.

Laugh at face of Danger
09-07-2006, 10:02 PM
great, thanks, time to get my butt handed back to me by greater sphere...

Tavrobel
09-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Set up the spell Protect, and you should be fine, since Hydraulic Press does damage equal to HP (unless it misses). If your MDef is at 175 or higher, Ultima should be reduced to 4.5k damage or less. Earth Eater enjoys using Megaton Punch (instant KO or massive damage), and reflecting Flare when knocked down.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-08-2006, 01:25 PM
hastega will be a godsent in these battles, and shell will help reduce the damage done by earth eaters flare. just overuse attack reels to the max and u shud be fine