PDA

View Full Version : The "Give Strider and Kyono A Blurb For the Frontsite" Contest

Strider
09-07-2006, 11:45 PM
Yes, another contest! Dan and I "work hard" for the front site of our wonderful site, and it recently came to our attention that we lacked blurbs as recognition for our "work" as news reporters. Well, actually, that came to my attention back in like January or something, but you get the point.

Anyway, Dan doesn't want Spatvark to do it, so the two of us have determined that you, the fair members of the forum, would come up with our blurbs for the Staff page (http://www.eyesonff.com/staff.php). The rules are fairly simple:

- The blurb must be between 50 and 65 words.
- The blurb can't be profane. Should go without saying, but you know.
- The blurb is nice if it's clever, but it has to be semi-serious. As in, mention what we do (we report on the latest developments in the Final Fantasy universe, if you weren't paying attention).
- The blurb must make sense! Consider, as an example, Samuraid's blurb:

This guy has been around EoFF for donkey years but only recently decided to offer his services. It turns out he has a lot more than we realised! Originally recruited for server-assistance after we found he solved many problems that came about during server switches and MySQL whatnots, he then read through our threads and has told us of his invaluable skills. In return, we told him he'll be doing everything from now on and went on holiday.

So, yeah, that's it. If you wanna create a blurb, you've got until next Wednesday, the 13th! Just post your blurbs here in the thread, and Dan and I will pick our favorites at the end of the entry period.

Also, a sticky would be nice. Also also, the unbridled use of the word "blurb" is encouraged.

XxSephirothxX
09-07-2006, 11:49 PM
How did I end up with a blurb and you didn't? You've been around way longer. :p It must've been the hat.

DK
09-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Probably because you actually do stuff. :p

Strider
09-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Hey now, I totally posted something today. :(

DK
09-08-2006, 12:01 AM
I posted something. Once. :shifty:

Decessus
09-08-2006, 12:02 AM
Loony BoB's a git.

DK
09-08-2006, 12:03 AM
Decessus is good at this game. :jess:

Tavrobel
09-08-2006, 12:47 AM
So, what's the prize?

Perhaps we should update the other blurbs, as well, while we are at it.

Shiny
09-08-2006, 01:24 AM
[ DK, formerly Kyono, (a name which he stole…oh err rather borrowed from the Mad Capsule Markets lead vocals) has been on the site for a while now and yet no one can convince him to leave. DK currently has the duty of running Eyes on You, but he also makes sure the site’s homepage is up to date and we love him for it…or else. ]

It's a little over 60. The word count is 65 to be exact.