PDA

View Full Version : Favorite BC fight

Bahamut2000X
09-08-2006, 04:42 AM
So I figured why not post a favorite BC fight. So then, what's your favorite BC fight and why?

Me, I have a few. I loved the Shadow Lord battle. Great setting, tough challenge, and nice music. I still remember my first time though, was quite fun. We forgot to tell the WHM that phase 2 and 3 (the phase he spames Curaga II in) that there was a CS between. So we're near the end of phase 2, and we get hit with some nasty AoE's and he thinks it's phase 3 already and begins the cure spam. Well one dead taru later we begin going all out trying to bring down the Shadow Lord as fast as we can. Luckily we won despite all being in the yellow/orange by the end.

Also ZM4 fight was fun and challenging. And I loved the Stellar Fulcrum battle. Sadly I didn't get to tank it though becazuse my PLD wasn't high enough at the time. But still a great BC over all.

But one of my all time funnest BC's was the new Black Coffin one. Fun as all hecks. We were levels 65-75 and still everyone did good. Challenging and full of chaos, but nothing so bad that we really couldn't of won without some good teamwork. Over all a very fun BC (even had 2 WHM's so we had even less DD then we probably should have) Only downside was music changed when you engaged a mob. I hated that so much. >.< I loved the music before you engaged anything, was so much better.

Anyways then, what's YOUR *points* favorite BC fights?

Lionx
09-08-2006, 05:20 AM
While good on paper i really dont like going through the hassle of doing this again.

I personally enjoyed the Promyvion fights, while they are nothing compared to the other fights in COP i would imagine, i liked it because it required everyone to shut up, and think as a team, and work under a team leader. If you are stupid you die, and you must come prepared. This makes using items more important, and also gives market to those items.

I enjoyed being able to work with my friends in completing them especially after dying so many times before doing so. When everyone bands together, and work as a team, being prepared and facing a difficult challenge and succeeding, then it is something to not forget. Also the cutscenes/seeing the new areas was a great boon to me. With a good group, and winning tough BC fights, it makes you feel with them you can take on the world.

Fuego
09-09-2006, 02:44 AM
I have only done Royal Jelly and the dragon for 2-3 :D

But they're both fun i think ;)

Bahamut2000X
09-09-2006, 04:16 AM
Royal Jelly is nice for a quick cash pick me up. I still got over 200 seals to blow on that soon. >.>

Although I did like the Royal Succession BC fight. Beat the record twice on my server on it. ^^ Took us a while to get it right, but man, taru WHM with Banishga II sure can be pretty nice when used properly.

Crossblades
09-09-2006, 04:27 AM
How do you gain access to a BC fight?

Bahamut2000X
09-09-2006, 04:46 AM
There's different ways depending on the BC.

There's some BC's in the original areas pre Zilart, which require an Orc, which can be bought using Beastmen seals or Kindred Seals from Shami in Port Jueno. These BC's are mostly for money and items.

There's story BC's in all areas (RoZ, Original, CoP, ToA and the like) which are story based on the missions. Much like the dragon BC for 2-3, where you had to do all the missions leading up to it to enter and fight. These are usually my favorite BC's. >.>

There's ENM's which are CoP only area BC fights. Which require you to talk to an NPC before hand to get access to the BC fight. These are done for EXP and money. And require nothing but the quest to do, and can be repated, but only once every 5 real days.

Then there's finally ISNM's which are the new BC's added into ToA areas only. You talk to some NPC in White Gate and spend so many credits to get orders to enter the BC area. Then you just pick the area to go to, and fight it. I think you were limited on how many you could do every day though. I don't know too much about these types yet.

And well that's pretty much all the BC info you need to know.

strawberryman
09-15-2006, 07:11 PM
Personally, I have to say CoP 4-2 is my favorite. Beating a Wyrm like Ouryu so easy (As compared to the HNM's) just brings a level of satisfaction I like. :3
Of course, that's as far as I am right now, so I might be surprised, despite what I've heard about some of the later BC's.

Roogle
09-15-2006, 09:48 PM
My favorite boss battle fight was the final battle of Chains of Promathia. I felt that, even in the battlefield, a great weight had been lifted from my shoulders.

It's a little hard to explain why without spoiling the whole thing. It's just one of those things!

Del Murder
09-16-2006, 03:01 AM
I've only done two. The Rank 2 dragon and the Fellowhip quest dragon. I died at the first and destroyed the second, so I'll go with that one.

Bahamut2000X
09-16-2006, 04:03 AM
Ah yes I remember that fellowship dragon fight. I stood in line THREE times to do that frickin thing. Because the first 2 times I messed up the look of my NPC on what I wanted her to look like. >.> So then I had to redo the quest to make her up again. First time, trioed, second time, duo'ed, third time, soloed. Was a fun and easy fight.

Fuego
09-16-2006, 04:38 AM
I had more trouble on the Skeleton for the fellowship quest than the dragon ... i killed the dragon on the first try but skeleton took 3 tries ... on the first, i didn't talk to my npc quick enough and the second try, one of those blobs with all the eyes attacked me so I accidentally let my npc die while i cured myself ... and the third one ... i was pissed, so i just nuked the hell out of it with all the "II" spells i had poison, bio, fire, aero, water ... and that was all inbetween Cure IV's :mwahaha: evil lil B*$^@!d !

Bahamut2000X
09-16-2006, 06:24 AM
Yeah when me and a WHM buddy of mine did the skeleton, we died first time (at least I did.) All because of the massive LINES of people sitting there to do it. And that was only because it Blood Sabered almost back to full health 3 times, and well a low 50ish PLD and WHM arn't the best at doing damage, even vs undead NM's. >.<

Fuego
09-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Yeah when me and a WHM buddy of mine did the skeleton, we died first time (at least I did.) All because of the massive LINES of people sitting there to do it. And that was only because it Blood Sabered almost back to full health 3 times, and well a low 50ish PLD and WHM arn't the best at doing damage, even vs undead NM's. >.< If you had a Pld and a Whm ... why didn't you spam that Bio-tch with Cures ? (undead don't like that) :nibbles:

Bahamut2000X
09-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Well our levels wern't really all that well to deal with this NM, it was a close fight, even when it didn't spam Blood Saber, we wern't so massively over it in strength that we could just beat it so easily. I was still like DC or something to me if I recall. >.>

Fuego
09-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Well our levels wern't really all that well to deal with this NM, it was a close fight, even when it didn't spam Blood Saber, we wern't so massively over it in strength that we could just beat it so easily. I was still like DC or something to me if I recall. >.>Well its a good thing you guys whooped up on that evil B*$^@!D :D

I didn't learn that cures killed undead until the first time i fought him (skeleton). I was trying to heal the npc (Yarga~Umiga) but i was on auto target with the skeleton and cured it accidentally and i saw its hp go down i was like WHOOHOO !!!!! :mwahaha:

I wonder what lvl it is anyway :confused:

Oh well, I think the dragon for fellowship looks cool and the dragon for 2-3 i wanna make it my pet :tongue: that would look soo cool to see a lil' ole taru flying around on this creepy dragon smoting everything in site :evilking: hehe i am corrupted with power :lol: magic wielding taru power ;)

Bahamut2000X
09-17-2006, 04:04 AM
I once fought the Dragon NM in Xarcabard with some LS mates. Right after we killed it Biast (I think his name was) the HQ NM pop for him popped right then and nearly killed our SAM in about 2 hits. (A SAM close to 60 mind you, so naturally this was a 70+ NM or so, hitting for like 150-200 a hit >.>)

We ran and luckily some higher level people camping him claimed and killed him for us.

No.78
09-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Here's a question, what does BC STAND for?

Rostum
09-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Burning Circle.

No.78
09-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Ahh! So obvious... And nm is notorious monster right? Burning Circle Notorious Monster. Yep, k.

On topic... I've only ever fought mission bc's really. I liked the dragon for the Signal Pearl, cos it was soooo piss lol. That thing even waited for me to rest after I buffed.

*runs away*

Fuego
09-17-2006, 09:27 PM
I once fought the Dragon NM in Xarcabard with some LS mates. Right after we killed it Biast (I think his name was) the HQ NM pop for him popped right then and nearly killed our SAM in about 2 hits. (A SAM close to 60 mind you, so naturally this was a 70+ NM or so, hitting for like 150-200 a hit >.>)

We ran and luckily some higher level people camping him claimed and killed him for us.Crazy! I would die in 3 hits. I only have like 600 hp (or there about) on my highest lvl job. I will throw this => :nibbles: at it to confuse it.

Grand Lethal
09-20-2006, 04:20 AM
I would have to say the most fun is the 18 man fight against all the Ark Angels for the Zilart missions. Lots of death, but lots of fun.

I have recently done the final CoP fight, and the setting for that is wicked, its actually a really good reason to work through CoP just for that fight area alone. Also just tried the final Zilart fight, and it was rough, but again, very cool environment to fight in.

I would say Bahamut was fun, but the fight was actually really boring and way easier than it should have been. I know there is a second half of the fight that is way harder, but when only 2 people die on a dry run and you beat it... it needs to be made a little harder lol.

Haunted
10-01-2006, 12:20 AM
Bastok 9-2 fight has gotta be one of my favorites, the enemy zeid is so weak its funny

most of the PM BCs are fun, especially the snoll, only me(smn) and the whm were standing at the end :D was suck a rush

DM (divine might) is was also really fun, beat it 1/4 with 2 blms in the group (who needs manaburn) was so happy when i got my earring, even though as a smn, its totally useless to me