PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Fake wow...

lovehurts
09-08-2006, 06:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdeoK4Z_o6Q&mode=related&search=

This isnt an ultimate example of all wrestling. Some may say that it is all obviously fake all over the world but look how poorly these foreigners do this show. Its so fake. If you do believe thats fine but these are bad actors here. The Us has good actors.

bipper
09-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Wrestling is not fake. Hollywood and anything it touches is. Thus the WWE & ancestrial seedings and knockoffs alike.

lovehurts
09-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Im indifferent mostly but look at the example I posted. It looks like some countries fake it if we dont ourselves.

Araciel
09-08-2006, 06:58 PM
look at this though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrX9Ca7LSyQ

i rest my case

lovehurts
09-08-2006, 07:00 PM
He needs his image also it could be both paid actors.....
:p
I guess its all a matter of opinion. It cant be proven.

Araciel
09-08-2006, 07:02 PM
i'm just joking, it's laughable to think that any of it's real...a doctor or choreographer would tell you that the wrestling we see on tv is almost completely fake, and the only injuries sustained are those which are unavoidable, but minimized by clever athletes, and accidents

Flying Mullet
09-08-2006, 07:04 PM
You can call it fake but I still winced when he "squashed" that fella's nuts.

Araciel
09-08-2006, 07:05 PM
i didn't...it's only tv...

Sergeant Hartman
09-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Punch the air and stomp your feet.

crazybayman
09-08-2006, 07:18 PM
wrestling? fake? really?

Arrianna
09-08-2006, 07:21 PM
It's not fake, It's choreographed. You can't 'fake' a 300lb man falling on you from the top rope.

Or to quote an excellent man, "I hit you hard in safe places."

Thank you, no. I'll pass.

Araciel
09-08-2006, 07:22 PM
so the choreographed fight actually ends with one of the wrestlers so physically damaged that he is KO'd for a 3 count?

no, the fight is by definition fake, since the choreography leads to a predetermined outcome

Arrianna
09-08-2006, 07:38 PM
no, the fight is by definition fake, since the choreography leads to a predetermined outcome"To plan out or oversee the movement, development, or details of; orchestrate."

So yes, he "appears" to be. By definition of course the ending is predetermined, that's what choreographed means. I have yet to go to a dance performance where at the end the dancers ran out of material and just made things up. If ever you see one that isn't choreographed you know.

Araciel
09-08-2006, 07:45 PM
you're right. i let it get the better of me, a fake fight is a fight. i usually take fight to mean a contest, but it's not.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
09-08-2006, 07:50 PM
I think we all now that itīs all coreographed but sometimes they end up hurting themselfes by landing hard or doing a wrong move.

But even being fake i still watch it.

lovehurts
09-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Some good ole boys think its totally real.:p

ShunNakamura
09-08-2006, 08:11 PM
But wrestling IS real. It is in fact a form of martial arts and not any where near easy to perform. Wrestling requires both a keen mind and a capable physique.

As for the showboating version of it; It still requires a strong body though depending on how planned out every incident is it may not require a keen mind so much. If only victory or defeat and the length of the match is decided, well then it isn't fake combat by anymeans. Just predetermined combat. And there the keen mind can still play a role. Unfortunately I have no clue how much those matches are preplanned; thus, I can't really comment on that style of wrestling overly much.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
09-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Some of it has to hurt. In some cases wrestlers purposely cut themselves in order to bleed in the ring

DK
09-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Unfortunately I have no clue how much those matches are preplanned; thus, I can't really comment on that style of wrestling overly much.

Depends on the wrestlers, really. Some guys have good chemistry together, and the finish is planned, but the rest can be pretty much made up on the spot. Some guys like to plan out "spots", like the flashy looking stuff, i.e a chain of moves leading up to a big high flying move, for instance, and some guys like to plan out every single step of the match. All depends on the wrestler who's taking the lead role of the match.

However choreographed it is, it takes an extremely high level of skill to be a wrestler, considering your job is to make it look like you're killing someone when in actual fact you're doing everything you can to make sure he doesn't get hurt.

ShunNakamura
09-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Unfortunately I have no clue how much those matches are preplanned; thus, I can't really comment on that style of wrestling overly much.

Depends on the wrestlers, really. Some guys have good chemistry together, and the finish is planned, but the rest can be pretty much made up on the spot. Some guys like to plan out "spots", like the flashy looking stuff, i.e a chain of moves leading up to a big high flying move, for instance, and some guys like to plan out every single step of the match. All depends on the wrestler who's taking the lead role of the match.

However choreographed it is, it takes an extremely high level of skill to be a wrestler, considering your job is to make it look like you're killing someone when in actual fact you're doing everything you can to make sure he doesn't get hurt.

Thanks for the info there.

And yes skill it would definately take. My reference to the keen mind is that a lot of the wrestling keen mindedness that I see on the mat is based heavily on how well you can react to and judge situations and manuveurs no matter how bizarre they may be. And if every moved is planned that sort of gets rid of that neccesity.

o_O
09-09-2006, 12:07 AM
This is a wrestling fan. He probably found out it wasn't real or something. :p

licence
09-09-2006, 12:11 AM
Seriously, supposedly that ring is not as soft and springy as it looks. Maybe the outcome is fake but the move must still hurt to a certain extent. No matter how safely the moves are performed.

Kuzotz
09-09-2006, 12:13 AM
YOu mean the wrestling they did in highschool,college,and olympics is fake?

Raistlin
09-09-2006, 12:15 AM
I find it impossible to watch fake TV wrestling now. I used to, years ago. But ever since I started watching UFC (<i>real</i> fighting), WWE crap is painful to watch.

escobert
09-09-2006, 12:20 AM
all wrestling look stupidly fake to me :/

DK
09-09-2006, 12:41 AM
I find it impossible to watch fake TV wrestling now. I used to, years ago. But ever since I started watching UFC (<i>real</i> fighting), WWE crap is painful to watch.

It always makes me laugh when people say "lololol wrestling is so gay big sweaty men in pants throwing each other around" and then go on about how good UFC is, what with it's 15 minute fights consisting of two men hugging each other or putting each others faces in their crotch. It's possibly the most boring and worrying excuse for fighting on the planet, but it doesn't surprise me that YOU like it, Raisin. :aimkiss:

K-1 is what you call real fighting.

Araciel
09-09-2006, 12:44 AM
what i call real fighting is two drunk guys out front of a bar on friday night who are probably drunk and have something stupid to prove.

may not look impressive but it's real

NorthernChaosGod
09-09-2006, 10:23 PM
WWE and anything similar is just crap. It's fake and filled with stupid drama. UFC is where it's at. :cool:

licence
09-09-2006, 11:01 PM

It always makes me laugh when people say "lololol wrestling is so gay big sweaty men in pants throwing each other around" and then go on about how good UFC is, what with it's 15 minute fights consisting of two men hugging each other or putting each others faces in their crotch. It's possibly the most boring and worrying excuse for fighting on the planet, but it doesn't surprise me that YOU like it, Raisin. :aimkiss:

K-1 is what you call real fighting.

It depends on the style of the fighters in UFC. If you have a couple of grapplers it can be good or just lying on the mat for ages. If you have martial arts based fighters or boxing styles it can a good fight.

And again, to the people who say it is fake...don't you think it would be a lot harder to try and make moves look painful but try and stop it being painful? Rather than just beating the living hell out of each other. Taking nothing away from UFC fighters but pro-wrestling is also a very physical and demanding form of entertainment.

Rosenti
09-12-2006, 04:01 PM
I find it impossible to watch fake TV wrestling now. I used to, years ago. But ever since I started watching UFC (real fighting), WWE crap is painful to watch.

first off wwe is not fake, yes it fakes when they take a sledge hammer and smack it in faces, lol. Its soft sledge hammer. But chairs arent fake, and they hit eachother real, and its defintly not fake when theyre slamming eachother down, i beileve very much that, that really hurt.

dont beileve me? check wwe.com

hey punch eachother fake? yes

slam eachother fake with moves? NO

hit eachother with chairs? Yes and no, they do really hit eachother with chairs, but i doubt its steel, lol:rolleyes2 but it surely hurts. lol

The Unknown Guru
09-13-2006, 12:55 AM
Pro wrestling is fake. Amateur wrestling, however, is actually a sport and is fully real.

NorthernChaosGod
09-14-2006, 12:37 AM
I find it impossible to watch fake TV wrestling now. I used to, years ago. But ever since I started watching UFC (real fighting), WWE crap is painful to watch.

first off wwe is not fake, yes it fakes when they take a sledge hammer and smack it in faces, lol. Its soft sledge hammer. But chairs arent fake, and they hit eachother real, and its defintly not fake when theyre slamming eachother down, i beileve very much that, that really hurt.

dont beileve me? check wwe.com

hey punch eachother fake? yes

slam eachother fake with moves? NO

hit eachother with chairs? Yes and no, they do really hit eachother with chairs, but i doubt its steel, lol:rolleyes2 but it surely hurts. lol
WWE is fake. That's why you have to take training to know how to deal with all of the moves they do. Going to get body slammed? Better let the other guy know so he can prepare. Everything is scripted too.