PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't this make you mad?

cloud_vaan
09-08-2006, 11:01 PM
It really annoys me when people say they have fallen in love with Final Fantasy VII right after seeing FFVII AC. Ya its good seeing that we are getting more fans, but these guys aren't true fans, like why didn't those people play FF VII when it was released... why now? This was a thought I wanted to get out, anyways does anyone think this aswell?

exit60b
09-08-2006, 11:12 PM
I actually finished playing FFVII AFTER watching FFVII: AC. In a way it made me want to finish it because the movie was just that good, and now I do consider it one of my favorites in the series.

cloud_vaan
09-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Dont get me wrong or anything, I am not saying that I hate people like that, its nice that ff 7 is still attracting more and more people even after so many years, but i have a friend and he hated final fantasy (and he had played Final fantasy) and after i showed him ff7 AC he said he loves final fantasy, like whts up with tht!

exit60b
09-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Dont get me wrong or anything, I am not saying that I hate people like that, its nice that ff 7 is still attracting more and more people even after so many years, but i have a friend and he hated final fantasy (and he had played Final fantasy) and after i showed him ff7 AC he said he loves final fantasy, like whts up with tht!

AH yeah I get really annoyed too! especially if they act like they've been playing it for years when really there is more to FF than just FFVII!

My friend was the same way after I showed her AC.... its great that she got into the game afterwards, but it got to the point where she was trying to make it like shes been a fan for years...

cloud_vaan
09-08-2006, 11:45 PM
exactly i how feel!

Dragon Mage
09-09-2006, 02:51 AM
There's nothing like a real good attention grabber, the movie in this case, to get someone to love the game. (I mean, if the game is as good as the movie, wouldn't the game just be awesome? I believe that is what people are assuming.)

LunarWeaver
09-09-2006, 02:58 AM
I like it when more people get into the game :jess:. I'd like many to play Final Fantasy and get involved with the series, no matter how they were introduced, not stay away from it because I'm a "true fan".

It's funny actually...I was told I was a big smelly loserface because the first Final Fantasy I ever played was VII when it came out almost ten years ago, and since the first one I played is VII it didn't make me a true fan of the series. Now people are saying they're old-school fans because they played VII before Advent Children came out. The world makes me laugh. Oh wait, this just means I'm getting old... I guess it's not funny after all :cry:

*~Angel Wing~*
09-09-2006, 02:59 AM
but i have a friend and he hated final fantasy (and he had played Final fantasy) and after i showed him ff7 AC he said he loves final fantasy, like whts up with tht!
The same exact thing happened with my friend's younger brother. She said he would call it "Final Fagasy." :eep: But then after he watched Advent Children he was like "omg this is sooo cool!!!" :rolleyes2

I played FFVII before Advent Children came out, and I don't think I would have liked FFVII as much if it weren't for Advent Children. The awful graphics in FFVII made it hard to enjoy...:( :rolleyes2

han_terry
09-09-2006, 05:49 AM
I played FFVII before Advent Children came out, and I don't think I would have liked FFVII as much if it weren't for Advent Children. The awful graphics in FFVII made it hard to enjoy...:( :rolleyes2

Awful graphics? That's one of the game with the best graphics on playstation in it's time! :D I believe that is one of the key point to the game success also. I was so blown away by the graphics that time that no other game really interest me back then.

*~Angel Wing~*
09-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Awful graphics? That's one of the game with the best graphics on playstation in it's time! :D I believe that is one of the key point to the game success also. I was so blown away by the graphics that time that no other game really interest me back then.
Well they would be awful to you too if you played Kingdom Hearts, FFVIII, and FFX before FFVII. :rolleyes2 :D

Twilight Edge
09-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Well they would be awful to you too if you played Kingdom Hearts, FFVIII, and FFX before FFVII. :rolleyes2 :D

Me too.I played VIII and IX(nothing further since I don't have a PS2) before FFVII and hated the graphics at first.But then I realised that "Waittaminute this was released about a decade ago!!" and looked back at graphics back then before knowing that FFVII in 1997 was graphics at it's peak!That's when I realised how much technology changes things in the gaming community.:cool:

Roto13
09-09-2006, 06:52 PM
I don't even like Final Fantasy VII, but I'm still more of a fan of Final Fantasy than any of you so ha in your faces.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
09-09-2006, 07:12 PM
I didn't know about the awesomeness of Final Fantasy until about 2002, reason was because my parents never bought me a PS console when it was hot market property and I actually managed to get there through my sister's spending spree days when she finally bought one

Griff
09-09-2006, 10:00 PM
I have personally smacked every person who told me they loved the series after only watching the movie.

Then again I also did the same to everyone who told me VII was best in the series without playing any of the other games.

Damn FFVII fanboys...

LunarWeaver
09-09-2006, 10:40 PM
But everybody has to come into this series at some point, and usually it's going to be with one of the newer products :cry: They can't be sorry they weren't born at least soon enough so that FFVI could be their first Final Fantasy experience.

Griff
09-10-2006, 01:03 AM
But everybody has to come into this series at some point, and usually it's going to be with one of the newer products :cry: They can't be sorry they weren't born at least soon enough so that FFVI could be their first Final Fantasy experience.
I don't hate those people, I'm talking about the ones that say it's the absolute best without giving the other ones a chance. If someone plays the others and still likes FF7 the most I got nothing against them, just the arrogant one-gamers

leonheart_blade
09-10-2006, 01:07 AM
It really annoys me when people say they have fallen in love with Final Fantasy VII right after seeing FFVII AC. Ya its good seeing that we are getting more fans, but these guys aren't true fans, like why didn't those people play FF VII when it was released... why now? This was a thought I wanted to get out, anyways does anyone think this aswell?

I was never one of those people. I've watched the movie and I haven't played the game. But the movie made me want to play the game. I've now bought it and it's on it's way ^.^.

LunarWeaver
09-10-2006, 01:07 AM
I don't hate those people, I'm talking about the ones that say it's the absolute best without giving the other ones a chance. If someone plays the others and still likes FF7 the most I got nothing against them, just the arrogant one-gamers

Well now, that is mighty true. I suppose if Advent Children was your gateway and resulted in you loving VII and hating the others based on nothing but fanboy/girl, then that would be full of suck and poisoned pie.

I actually named this effect "Why isn't Tidus like Cloud?" otherwise known as
The "T doesn't = C" theory.

G3ORGE
09-10-2006, 02:16 AM
I got FFVII when I was little and was stuck on the guard scorpion lol so i left it for a bit (like 3 years) and now im stuck on demons gate lol (his attacks do 10hp of my max lol and i have nowhere to train) :(

Dragon Mage
09-11-2006, 02:17 AM
Just as a note, I have played (with my friend, since it was her game) FF10, a bit. I didn't finish the game but I got far enough to safely say that it SUCKS compared to FF7. It completley blows. Now, I'm not saying that 7 is the best, just that it is better than some other FF games out there, and I had this opinion long before AC came out. Though my FF experience is limited, I hope to soon rectify that problem.
But I agree, anyone that has played 7, and only 7, and claims that it is the best of all, are arrogant jackas*es who have no reliable experience to draw any info from and to make an actual comparison. All of these people are extremely annoying and I, for one, think you have all rights to hate them. I would. They usually clog up threads and the whole thing stagnates. It's like debating about a book series and the other person has read only one book. I can't stand it.

And G3ORGE, I must tell you, since I was in stuck in the same part of the game as you before; if you have a back-up save file (like before the temple) use it. Train until you are about lvl 45, and lvl some HP+ as well. With this, you're sure to win. If you can't go back that far, then I'm afraid you'll have to start over. This is what I had to do the first time I played it, except I was stuck at the dragon. I died 32 times fighting that dragon, trying a different technique every time, before I admitted that I had to start over. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I had.

cloud_vaan
09-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Ya I too got stuck at the dragon boss at the temple of the anceints proly took me about 7-9 times before I beat him and the thanks I get is that aeris dies, that was a piss off cuz i leveled her up a lot:mog: But the next couple of times I played the game I didn't concentrate on leveling up aeris up too much

G3ORGE
09-12-2006, 05:06 PM
:O i beat the dragon on my 5th try lol but the gate got me stuck :( but i killed him after a few tries :) now im at the forgotten city at lv 35,30 and 32 lol

Araciel
09-12-2006, 05:11 PM
i personally think it's great. anything that attracts more people to this great franchise that i grew up with and have known since i was seven years old is great. i don't know what the big deal is

Dragon Mage
09-13-2006, 01:25 AM
i beat the dragon on my 5th try

You see? Everyone has better luck than me.

Materia Hunter Yuffie
09-13-2006, 01:45 AM
yeah, my friend kinda did that. I was a Final Fantasy fan (played most of VIII (final boss), Beaten IX, X. At that time) when she was a Kingdom Hearts fan. I got her into it and she started to play VII. Then she claims its her fav. even though she has barely scratched the surface of VIII, only a couple of hours into X and none into IX. I think she should give the others a chance.

Psychotic
09-13-2006, 02:52 AM
No, it doesn't make me mad. I don't really see the point in trying to make myself feel superior to other people just because I got into Final Fantasy (or any other interest for that matter) before they did.

*~Angel Wing~*
09-16-2006, 02:13 AM

Me too.I played VIII and IX(nothing further since I don't have a PS2) before FFVII and hated the graphics at first.But then I realised that "Waittaminute this was released about a decade ago!!" and looked back at graphics back then before knowing that FFVII in 1997 was graphics at it's peak!That's when I realised how much technology changes things in the gaming community.:cool:
Yeah that's how I felt a little when I 1st played FFVIII, but then I got used to it. Man I LOVE that game!!! :heart: :kaolove2: :kaolove:

FFVIII > FFVII
By a looong shot