Captain Maxx Power
09-09-2006, 12:52 AM
Two questions;

1. What the snoodge is a "Naruto"?

2. Why does everyone hate it?

Rengori
09-09-2006, 05:39 AM
Naruto's an anime/manga about Ninjas.

People hate it because since the anime's introduction to America, Naruto (Main character) says "Believe it!" every other line in his crappy dubbed voice and for some reason some people like it so much it turns them into DeathKnight.

LunarWeaver
09-09-2006, 07:01 AM
It's a shonen thing about ninjas in the likes of Dragonball Z / every other manga about boys that fight and steadily increase in ability. It's about an obnoxious yet lovable (arguably I guess) boy infused with a demon at a birth that dreams of becoming the big top ninja in his village so he can be respected by his peers.

I personally like it :3 And people hate me because I like it. But that's alright, I don't mind being hated. Narutards all the way.

I suppose people hate it because it has no pirates :jess:

Zeromus_X
09-09-2006, 07:26 AM
I just get bored of intense fighting anime series that don't seem to end. But, I guess Kishimoto is happy that his creation is so popular...

Sylvie
09-09-2006, 07:27 AM
Its a show about (fake and unrealistic) Ninja, like everyone else said. It involves almost nothing to do with the real art of Ninjitsu, such as a scene I saw with a bunch of sensei just dashing right into some building in a group of about 5 and then just chucking kunai daggers at people. And the fact that Naruto, a main character wears a bright orange jumpsuit with bright blonde hair just makes him completely un-noticable. Believe it!

Anyway, its a decent show, actually. I haven't watched much of it though.

Avarice-ness
09-09-2006, 08:59 AM
They hate it because the anime sucks.

... YEAH EVEN THE JAPANESE ONE.

[ART RANT]
I honestly love the manga, due to the fact, it's drawn better than the anime, Some people try to make things look pleasing, put all that up in anime and then it's all "CRAP WE HAVE A QUOTA TO FILL, LET'S DO -REALLY- BAD CELL SHADING AND MAKE IT JUST HURT YOU!" which the manga does not, I will say loud and proud and I am a -Manga- Naruto fan. The anime sucks, A. Sakura's voice is as annoying in Japanese as it is in English, and I'm really tired of having to -hear- how much Naruto is going to end up the next Hokage, the manga is alot less annoying with the whole 'No I really am 12 years old so I'm going to act it' deal that Naruto has in the anime and orochimaru is alot less... gay... :( Oh how I love Orochi, so lovely till he got butchered.. Ohh... *sigh* Still Anime's crap, It hurts to even think they're the same thing and saddly they are. =[
[/ART RANT]

I personally like it :3 And people hate me because I like it. But that's alright, I don't mind being hated. Narutards all the way.

I suppose people hate it because it has no pirates :jess:

Sound Ninjas all the way dude. And yeah, you can count the Mist ninja's as pirates.. sort of. They like to Pillage therefore they are pirates. o o; Only ninja pirates. I can't believe I'm justifying Naruto. *raises fist slowly* Narutards all the way. *cough*Japanese FMA still > All of anything Naruto could put out.*cough*

Drift
09-09-2006, 01:15 PM
cause the last year has been all FILLER!

tailz
09-09-2006, 02:28 PM
make that the last year and a half if not more.

people hate it caus of fillers.

people love it cause of the great story it is

i love it :D:D

StarlightAngel
09-09-2006, 07:41 PM
I've read the manga, which I like decently. It's not the best thing out there, but I still like it well enough.

The anime's dub was really annoying for the few seconds I could bear to listen to it before I screamed at my friend to change the channel. The Japanese version seems alright, but I've only seen the first episode of that, and they still translated "Dattebayo" as "Believe it", because it was the official uncut one... >>;

EDIT: And Naruto is actually a sort of fish cake that goes in ramen, for your information ;P

Avarice-ness
09-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Oh! But there is one thing about the anime that I could -never- deny.

The soundtracks are all lovely, Toshiro Masuda is one of the best music composers out there, I'd prolly be fine if it was just the music and they took all the voices out. But since I don't like the anime, I just have all the soundtracks. :razz:

cloudff7tm
09-09-2006, 10:02 PM
[QUOTE=Avarice-ness;1881948]Oh! But there is one thing about the anime that I could -never- deny.

The soundtracks are all lovely, Toshiro Masuda is one of the best music composers out there, I'd prolly be fine if it was just the music and they took all the voices out. But since I don't like the anime, I just have all the soundtracks. :razz:[/QUOTE

I love the music also and the anime does not suck!

LunarWeaver
09-09-2006, 10:23 PM
They hate it because the anime sucks.

... YEAH EVEN THE JAPANESE ONE.

[ART RANT]
I honestly love the manga, due to the fact, it's drawn better than the anime, Some people try to make things look pleasing, put all that up in anime and then it's all "CRAP WE HAVE A QUOTA TO FILL, LET'S DO -REALLY- BAD CELL SHADING AND MAKE IT JUST HURT YOU!" which the manga does not, I will say loud and proud and I am a -Manga- Naruto fan. The anime sucks, A. Sakura's voice is as annoying in Japanese as it is in English, and I'm really tired of having to -hear- how much Naruto is going to end up the next Hokage, the manga is alot less annoying with the whole 'No I really am 12 years old so I'm going to act it' deal that Naruto has in the anime and orochimaru is alot less... gay... :( Oh how I love Orochi, so lovely till he got butchered.. Ohh... *sigh* Still Anime's crap, It hurts to even think they're the same thing and saddly they are. =[
[/ART RANT]

Oh, this reminds me to mention I watched like 10 episodes of the anime and stopped and just d/l 'bought' all the manga. So I don't watch the anime at all and I have no idea what all this filler stuff is or if it's horrible or not.

Sound Ninjas all the way dude. And yeah, you can count the Mist ninja's as pirates.. sort of. They like to Pillage therefore they are pirates. o o; Only ninja pirates. I can't believe I'm justifying Naruto. *raises fist slowly* Narutards all the way. *cough*Japanese FMA still > All of anything Naruto could put out.*cough*

Goddamn ninja pirates think they can just hybrid it up!

I also would suggest Fullmetal Alchemist over than Naruto :3