PDA

View Full Version : 9/11

loinharte
09-09-2006, 03:03 AM
The tragic event of 9/11's annivesery is coming up how will you pay tribute?

im ganna go to ground zero monday.

nik0tine
09-09-2006, 03:05 AM
Sit on my ass and drink beer like a real American.

Madame Adequate
09-09-2006, 03:06 AM
Go about my business without being in fear.

Fuego
09-09-2006, 03:06 AM
Sit on my ass and drink beer like a real American.FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evilking:

Odaisé Gaelach
09-09-2006, 03:09 AM
*shrugs* Don't know yet. Doubt I'll do anything special to remember it.

Sylvie
09-09-2006, 03:14 AM
Nothing. Nothing at all.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
09-09-2006, 03:24 AM
I have no idea. :( I have school that day.

Sylvie
09-09-2006, 03:25 AM
Some idiot sent me some message on Gaia Online saying that all children should rebel and skip school.

Araciel
09-09-2006, 03:28 AM
not doing anything special, it sucks that those people died like that but people die every day

Rye
09-09-2006, 03:36 AM
I'll have to sing a bunch of patriotic songs with the Honours Choir on 9/11, but that's kind of mandatory.

Fuego
09-09-2006, 03:39 AM
I will take a break from my "Secret" life of crime to remember all the people I didn't hurt in my cons and swindling XD

Faris
09-09-2006, 04:03 AM
I'm going to buy new shoes.

Avarice-ness
09-09-2006, 04:03 AM
Wow, I knew it was september but I just now -realized- it's september, 'cause of the 9, what's today.. the 8th, Wow 9/11's soon. x x;

Shouldn't they be talking about some big tribute on Tv. I should turn on the Tv. That's a monday, I'll prolly be working, before that I'll be here sitting at EoFF, talking about 9/11 in the EoEo forums. (Because we all know there will be a topic.)
:)

DarkLadyNyara
09-09-2006, 04:11 AM
Sit on my ass and drink beer like a real American.
nik0tine wins. ;)

Yamaneko
09-09-2006, 04:13 AM
I'm going into work.

Resha
09-09-2006, 04:14 AM
I am going to do SO MANY THINGS~

I will send some negative energy and hateful thoughts Osama's way, though, as tribute to the good. But then we ought to do this every day, shouldn't we? People die all over the world in terrorist attacks.

Jojee
09-09-2006, 05:13 AM
It's pretty much forgotten already to most people. It was sad, but then again, so was... say, Pearl Harbor. And you don't see anyone posting "It's the anniversary of Pearl Harbor bombings, anyone paying tribute? :(" anywhere xD

Araciel
09-09-2006, 05:18 AM
yeah but this is the most recent tragedy

Xaven
09-09-2006, 05:23 AM
The marching band has to play at a tribute thing for 9/11 at school. :|

KH-Cloudy
09-09-2006, 05:25 AM
i have school that day they should make it a holiday and make like labor day for safety issues :)

Dignified Pauper
09-09-2006, 05:54 AM
i really think we need to get over this. sure it was tragic, but worse has happened. It's just the outcome of terrible government and crazy terrorists.

nik0tine
09-09-2006, 06:07 AM
I know you're joking, but don't use that kind of language here. - Yamaneko

Hawkeye
09-09-2006, 06:08 AM
Same goes for you. - Yams

Rengori
09-09-2006, 06:10 AM
i really think we need to get over this. sure it was tragic, but worse has happened. It's just the outcome of terrible government and crazy terrorists.
Pretty much.

ValkyrieWing
09-09-2006, 06:18 AM
Light a candle, like I always do on depressing events.

Gotta respect the departed...and that means I pretty much burn a candle every day. :)

Yamaneko
09-09-2006, 06:24 AM
Although this topic is in GC please do not ridicule the situation.

Freya
09-09-2006, 06:27 AM
I had to watch a cnn movie thing in my college history class today. Twas sad.

Araciel
09-09-2006, 06:29 AM
i don't think anyone will forget what happened...and i don't see how watching horrible footage, or stories of how people had their loved ones ripped away from them will make it any more meaningful, or help us remember.

we can honor the memories without having to relive the horrors every year

Sylvie
09-09-2006, 06:35 AM
I'm personally sick of hearing so much about it. I think we should all try to step back from it slowly, and stop having to see the horrid footage of the towers collapsing. Its sad, and I'm sick of seeing it. I mean, like on 9/11 every year, its good to remember those on flight 93 who fought back against the Hi-Jackers, and everything, but they should stop making movies about it. I saw a movie about it on TV, and I'm pretty much scared to fly in a plane right now.

ValkyrieWing
09-09-2006, 06:36 AM
When it happened, i was a senior in hight school. We made stepping stones, decorated with glass, in my AP art class to immortalize the event.

It's like Oklahoma City. The pain will fade someday.

My mother's cousin was the pilot of the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania.

Sylvie
09-09-2006, 06:39 AM

My condolences. That was flight 93, right? Man... :(

Rengori
09-09-2006, 06:40 AM
I'm personally sick of hearing so much about it. I think we should all try to step back from it slowly, and stop having to see the horrid footage of the towers collapsing. Its sad, and I'm sick of seeing it. I mean, like on 9/11 every year, its good to remember those on flight 93 who fought back against the Hi-Jackers, and everything, but they should stop making movies about it. I saw a movie about it on TV, and I'm pretty much scared to fly in a plane right now.
I agree with everything said except the scared of flying part, I love being on airplanes!

Sylvie
09-09-2006, 06:42 AM
I agree with everything said except the scared of flying part, I love being on airplanes!

Well, after watching a movie with people panicking, flight attendants being killed with blades, and just sheer chaos, its kind of scary. For me, anyway.

Rusty
09-09-2006, 06:44 AM
I have school on that day, so I plan to get an education? I have Political & Legal first thing - so we'll probably have a class discussion or something. Also, one minutes silence. It was a tragic day and it should be remembered.

nik0tine
09-09-2006, 06:51 AM
In all seriousness, I think the best way to honor the victims of 9/11 is to stop acting so ridiculous about the whole thing. All of these ceremonies, all of these stupid things we do to 'remember' the event doesn't really mean anything to anybody. I'll go as far as to say that it's actually disrespectful to treat 9/11 in this manner. But what else can we expect from Americans, anyway? Everything we do is disrespectful.

In short: Stop it with the nationalism. Stop it with the "God Bless America", and most definetly keep your fucking pop culture the hell away from 9/11. Then and only then can we begin to treat 9/11 with respect.

Yamaneko
09-09-2006, 06:54 AM
I don't mind all the ceremonies, but I do mind how conveniently the current administration uses the events of September 11th to justify everything. It's sickening how they hold the tragedy over Americans' heads, especially during an election year.

nik0tine
09-09-2006, 06:56 AM
In politics nothing is sacred.

Behold the Void
09-09-2006, 07:48 AM
I won't be doing anything particularily special. It's definitely a day that I remember, but it's not like I feel any obligation to acknowledge it every year. It's been five years. I don't see the need to dwell on it in such a manner, it's counterproductive.

ValkyrieWing
09-09-2006, 07:51 AM

My condolences. That was flight 93, right? Man... :(

Thank you for that. Mom found out from the news....dosen't that suck?

It's not something I'm going to think on though. I've been on a plane since. :P

Casey
09-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Want to know what I'm doing?

Absolutely nothing.

Khaotic
09-09-2006, 10:01 AM
9/11? Whats that?

Dreddz
09-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Im going to get on with my life like I did years ago....

Madame Adequate
09-09-2006, 11:32 AM

QFT MILF, you clearly settled the discussion right there.

Levian
09-09-2006, 11:33 AM
There's a documentary on TV that day. I'll probably watch that.

licence
09-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Just going to school.

Quindiana Jones
09-09-2006, 02:31 PM
It's that day today, so in tribute I'll probably go onto a thread on EoFF and put a joke about it, that will most likely get me banned:

>insert ban-worthy 9/11 joke here<

But seriously, I'm doing c/w. Not in tribute or anything...but I have to do c/w. Damn school.

Shauna
09-09-2006, 03:48 PM

QFT MILF, you clearly settled the discussion right there.

*nod*

Breine
09-09-2006, 04:29 PM
No. I'm not going to do anything other than what I usually do.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-09-2006, 04:43 PM
This is going to get some people angry, but...

I'm not going to acknowledge the 9/11 anniversary, even though many innocent people died, including people from my country, and I'll tell you why. 9/11 has been publicized massively because the media is basically controlled by America. What we didn't see, and will never see on television are the horrible things that America itself has done. If we saw more footage of American soldiers in the Middle East, now and in other disputes there, we all would really realize what devastating things the Americans have done. I mourn over those, not 9/11, because, in the end, America has done much more to other countries than 9/11 did to them.

And of you're not quite convinced yet, how about the passive agression America has created. The American government continues to do very little towards Africa, were thousands die every day. And, as seen in the film Hotel Rwanda, the American peacekeepers left when things were getting violent. They evacuated all Americans, but they didn't care about the innocent non-American lifes there.

daggertrepe
09-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Go to school, pay more attention to Janice, really...

DarkLadyNyara
09-09-2006, 06:40 PM

I'm not going to acknowledge the 9/11 anniversary, even though many innocent people died, including people from my country, and I'll tell you why. 9/11 has been publicized massively because the media is basically controlled by America. What we didn't see, and will never see on television are the horrible things that America itself has done. If we saw more footage of American soldiers in the Middle East, now and in other disputes there, we all would really realize what devastating things the Americans have done. I mourn over those, not 9/11, because, in the end, America has done much more to other countries than 9/11 did to them.

And of you're not quite convinced yet, how about the passive agression America has created. The American government continues to do very little towards Africa, were thousands die every day. And, as seen in the film Hotel Rwanda, the American peacekeepers left when things were getting violent. They evacuated all Americans, but they didn't care about the innocent non-American lifes there.
Regrettably accurate. Unfortunatly, most Americans act as though 9/11 occured in a vacume.

The Real Dark Messenger
09-09-2006, 08:33 PM

I very much agree with you on all parts.

But in the back of my mind 9/11 will always be one of those things, that I will never forget. Like some people never forget where they were, when JFK was murdered. USA has done a lot of bad things around the world, but no one deserves to die that way... no matter what. And therefore I'm gonna do what I've done every year since. Light a candle for the people that died and once again try to figure out, why the world has turned out the way it has... from time to time - it's a sad, sad place :whimper:

rubah
09-09-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm going to wish my friend's big sister a happy birthday

daggertrepe
09-09-2006, 08:42 PM
I'm going to wish my friend's big sister a happy birthday

Ahh that must suck having yr b-day on that day...:(

NorthernChaosGod
09-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Get piss drunk and harass some middle easterners.

Captain Maxx Power
09-10-2006, 12:48 AM
Not much, since I am an anglican 'n' all.

Hambone
09-10-2006, 12:55 AM
I won't do anything. I really don't see why people get all emo on the 9/11 anniversaries. I'm just insensitive and don't care. :thumb:

moonstar
09-10-2006, 12:58 AM
i feel really sorry for those who die and lost love ones, i pray that they will be in peace with God.

:cry:

theundeadhero
09-10-2006, 01:31 AM
Nothing special. It happens to be the day I begin to learn a foreign language.

Goldenboko
09-10-2006, 01:44 AM
Nothing, as much as we should remember the loss of those who died but....

Then we are just giving the Terrorists what they want so I will go about my busniss as if it was any other day.

oddler
09-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Tell my brother happy birthday.

NorthernChaosGod
09-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Get piss drunk and harass some middle easterners.

Already started drinking.

Kuroshima
09-11-2006, 10:13 PM
Screw it! Who cares!

daggertrepe
09-12-2006, 12:08 AM
This is freaky...

1) New York City has 11 letters

2) Afghanistan has 11 letters.

3) Ramsin Yuseb (The terrorist who threatened to destroy the Twin Towers in 1993) has 11 letters.

4) George W Bush has 11 letters.

5) The two twin towers make an "11"

This could be a mere coincidence, but this gets more interesting:

1) New York is the 11th state.

2) The first plane crashing against the Twin Towers was flight number 11.

3) Flight 11 was carrying 92 passengers. 9 + 2 = 11

4) Flight 77 which also hit Twin Towers, was carrying 65 passengers. 6+5 = 11

5) The tragedy was on September 11, or 9/11 as it is now known. 9 + 1+ 1 = 11

6) The date is equal to the US emergency services telephone number 911. 9 + 1 + 1 = 11.

Sheer coincidence..?! Read on and make up your own mind:
1) The total number of victims inside all the hi-jacked planes was 254. 2 + 5 + 4 = 11.

2) September 11 is day number 254 of the calendar year. Again 2 + 5 + 4 = 11.

3) The Madrid bombing took place on 3/11/2004. 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 = 11.

4) The tragedy of Madrid happened 911 days after the Twin Towers incident.

Now this is where things get totally eerie:

The most recognised symbol for the US, after the Stars & Stripes, is the Eagle. The following verse is taken from the Quran, the Islamic holy book:

"For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced: for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah and there was peace."

That verse is number 9.11 of the Quran.

Still uncovinced about all of this..?! Try this and see how you feel afterwards, it made my hair stand on end:

Open Microsoft Word and do the following(TRY THIS FOR REAL)

1. Type in capitals Q33 NY. This is the flight number of the first

plane to hit one of the Twin Towers.

2. Highlight the Q33 NY

3. Change the font size to 48.

4. Change the actual font to the WINGDINGS

Scary Huh??

Q33 NY=..

Spawn of Sephiroth
09-12-2006, 12:14 AM
Q33 NY

there you go, Q33 NY. that is some freaky stuff.

NorthernChaosGod
09-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Really long post of someone with too much time on their hands

So?

Arrianna
09-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Netlore Archive: Does verse 9:11 of the Qur'an (Koran) predict that the 'wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah'?

Description: Hoax
Circulating since: Feb 2003
Analysis: See below

Truth be told, the word "eagle" doesn't appear anywhere in the Muslim holy book, the Qur'an. Neither, it goes without saying, does this phony verse combining American symbolism (the bald eagle is the official national emblem of the U.S.A.) with recent history and Islamic prophecy.

Verse 9:11 of the Qur'an is about repentance and reads as follows in three different English translations:

* But (even so), if they repent, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity, they are your brethren in Faith: (thus) do We explain the Signs in detail, for those who understand.

* But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then are they your brethren in religion. We detail Our revelations for a people who have knowledge.

* But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a people who know.

The earliest instance I could find of the fake passage, evidently intended as a joke in its original context, is in a Usenet posting dated February 14, 2003.

Don't believe everything you read.

daggertrepe
09-12-2006, 01:04 AM
But some of those facts are true, and it's freaky.

Odaisé Gaelach
09-12-2006, 01:06 AM

Freaky, perhaps, but ultimately meaningless.

~*~Celes~*~
09-12-2006, 01:37 AM
Today is September 11th....

our school (the high school anyway..not sure about the middle school or elementary school) had a gathering at our flag pole. Two girls sang the national anthem, we said the pledge of allegience, and then had a moment of silence. Personally, I'm a patriotic person and so things like this mean a lot to me.

oddler
09-12-2006, 01:47 AM
:barf:

Pilch4
09-12-2006, 01:52 AM
Yawn.

It's that time of year again. It coincides with going back to school, with the start of autumn... it happens every single year now.. yes it's 9/11 time once more. Oh joy.

So every where I go for the next week or so i'm gonna have to put up with some uninformed nonce whining on about how terrible it was, about how all the terrorists should burn in hell and about how it was all... "zOMG! A conspiracy~!".

Yes it's the time of year that American's can really focus on shoving 9/11 down our throats... telling us how hard done by they are... blah blah blah blah!

To be honest, they don't need it to be September to do that, they do it all the time anyway. I am sick and tired of seeing 9/11 dragged up in EVERY single incident that ever occurs. I'm sick of Americans, the powers that be and otherwise, acting as if they are the only ones who have ever been affected by terrorism. We've had terrorism here since the 60's... ever hear of the IRA you ignorant yanks? In fact, fuck that... there's been terrorism in the middle east for hundreds of years. Terrorism has long been a global issue before it ever hit the US so fuck everyone babysitting America just because of 9/11.

And why does 9/11 have to be brought up every five minutes... Seriously, do we have to extract every last little piece of painstaking information from it? Everyone knows the facts by now... so why do we still see countless documentaries on it. Why, when I was in America this summer, did I constantly have people telling me that it was a conspiracy.

Newsflash morons, there was no conspiracy. The towers were attacked by terrorists who had hijacked planes. End of. Full stop. The end. NO MORE.

Can we not just let it go already. We've had the London bombings since 9/11 and they are all but forgotten about. Can't people just begin to accept that it happened, and move on?! And for those of you who are going to reply with "Why should we forget? Why should the families who lost loved ones forget?" Don't bother.

Can you honestly tell me that it does these families any good for the event to constantly be replayed over and over and over again. What sort of damage do you think that does them emotionally? Think about that.

The worst thing to come out of 9/11 was it simply extending America's already overwhelming ego.

Bottom line. Fuck America... you're not the centre of the world.

NorthernChaosGod
Today is September 11th....

our school (the high school anyway..not sure about the middle school or elementary school) had a gathering at our flag pole. Two girls sang the national anthem, we said the pledge of allegience, and then had a moment of silence. Personally, I'm a patriotic person and so things like this mean a lot to me.

I think that's really cool, if I was still in school I would hope they would do something like that.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
I just watched a couple of new films about 9/11.

Odaisé Gaelach
09-12-2006, 02:05 AM
Yes it's the time of year that American's can really focus on shoving 9/11 down our throats... telling us how hard done by they are... blah blah blah blah!

Well, considering that it was one of the biggest terrorist attacks of our time, with several thousand people being killed, two skyscrapers destroyed, planes hijacked...

Yes. I think that they were hard done by it.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Pilch4
09-12-2006, 02:08 AM
And how many innocent people have been killed as a result of America's attack on Iraq?

In fact, how many innocent people die of disease in Africa each day? Oh wait... sorry, not America... so clearly it doesn't matter.

Arrianna
09-12-2006, 02:12 AM
Really?
(Courtesy of Barronmore.)

"Q33 NY" refers to an Internet hoax which was spread, often via e-mail, in the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks. The hoax capitalizes on an oddity of the Wingdings symbol font.

The message claimed that "Q33 NY," the supposed "flight number" of one of the airplanes to hit the World Trade Center, becomes a message when rendered in Wingdings font. In Wingdings, "Q33 NY" renders as:

(Note the skull and crossbones and Star of David on the right.) However, "Q33 NY" is not an actual flight number or an aircraft registration number - it's a meaningless assemblage of letters and numbers designed to take advantage of the font's symbols to infer a connection (prophetic or conspiratory) between the 9-11 attacks and Jews.

The actual flight designations of the airplanes striking the World Trade Center were American Airlines Flight 11 (so, AA11, first plane) and United Airlines Flight 175 (UA175, second plane). It is worth noting that in New York, there is a bus route Q33 serving LaGuardia Airport, which was not connected with any of the flights used in the attacks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q33_NY
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/wingdings.asp
http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/q33ny.html

Like I said you shouldn't believe everything you read.

To be honest, they don't need it to be September to do that, they do it all the time anyway. I am sick and tired of seeing 9/11 dragged up in EVERY single incident that ever occurs. I'm sick of Americans, the powers that be and otherwise, acting as if they are the only ones who have ever been affected by terrorism. We've had terrorism here since the 60's...
...and the US hasn't. That is why it is important to remember. Because the US (and for that matter Canada) doesn't live with it every day it is important we be reminded that these people are out there. Or would you prefer everyone go back to sticking their head in the sand?

Personally I will never forget it. I saw the second plane hit broadcast live. The entire day was.... unforgettable. The only bright spot was all the others in other countires who had been through the same thing offering sympathy. It unified most of the world for a few days anyway. To bad it couldn't have lasted longer but I guess it's easier to call people names and be angry at them then try to understand each other and get along.

Odaisé Gaelach
09-12-2006, 02:13 AM
And how many innocent people have been killed as a result of America's attack on Iraq?

How many were suicide bombers, killing their own citizens?

In fact, how many innocent people die of disease in Africa each day? Oh wait... sorry, not America... so clearly it doesn't matter.

That's not terrorism. That's not people killing other people.

Personally I will never forget it. I saw the second plane hit broadcast live. The entire day was.... unforgettable. The only bright spot was all the others in other countires who had been through the same thing offering sympathy. It unified most of the world for a few days anyway. To bad it couldn't have lasted longer but I guess it's easier to call people names and be angry at them then try to understand each other and get along.

Yeah... but it's heartening that the world really can be unified. Even after a terrible incident like 9/11, we could throw our differences aside.

Goldenboko
09-12-2006, 02:18 AM

Thats pretty heartless, imagine this you where in the World Trade Center, the planes hit and your fine, but when you turn around what do you see out your window people jumping out of the building forty stories tall so they don't burn alive...
You start to run down the stairs covered witht thick smoke, and you see people dead from the smoke.
Some people haven't moved on from loved ones dying. 9/11 was tramatic, scary, and its not something that should be joked about, or talked as if not much happened. Things happened and it was serious.

Pilch4
09-12-2006, 02:22 AM
To be honest, they don't need it to be September to do that, they do it all the time anyway. I am sick and tired of seeing 9/11 dragged up in EVERY single incident that ever occurs. I'm sick of Americans, the powers that be and otherwise, acting as if they are the only ones who have ever been affected by terrorism. We've had terrorism here since the 60's...
...and the US hasn't. That is why it is important to remember. Because the US (and for that matter Canada) doesn't live with it every day it is important we be reminded that these people are out there. Or would you prefer everyone go back to sticking their head in the sand?

In a way you've just proven my point.

America didn't give a damn about terrorism until it happened to them. Think of it like Christopher Reeve deciding he suddenly cared about paralysis victims after he became one.

What sympathy or help did America offer us during the frequent IRA attacks of the 80's and 90's? None. Typically, America only cared when it became their problem. Now they expect us to all come running when they are involved. Once again, I repeat... America is NOT the centre of the civilization.

Things happened and it was serious.
Things happen, that are serious every day. But as long as it's not on your door step that's fine right? Think about it like this... Americans don't have to live in constant fear of being attacked. Think about people who live/lived in Iraq or Afghanistan. Innocent people who can't help where they live... think about the fact they every single day they have to worry about being killed by soldiers, or being caught up in an incident. Think about this then consider how self-important Americans act on the terrorist issue.. and you called me heartless.

Rengori
09-12-2006, 02:23 AM
We've had terrorism here since the 60's...
Just so you know, terrorism has been around way longer than that.

Madame Adequate
09-12-2006, 02:27 AM
In a way you've just proven my point.

America didn't give a damn about terrorism until it happened to them. Think of it like Christopher Reeve deciding he suddenly cared about paralysis victims after he became one.

What sympathy or help did America offer us during the frequent IRA attacks of the 80's and 90's? None. Typically, America only cared when it became their problem. Now they expect us to all come running when they are involved. Once again, I repeat... America is NOT the centre of the civilization.

Yes, America was somewhat busy with this little thing called the 'Cold War', it kind of threatened to destroy most life on the planet. The occasional nutcase ith dynamite was not a high concern when the Soviets had enough nukes to destroy the entirity of Capitalist civilization.

Odaisé Gaelach
09-12-2006, 02:27 AM
What sympathy or help did America offer us during the frequent IRA attacks of the 80's and 90's? None.

I'm sorry for what the IRA did to your country. Really, I am. :(

Now they expect us to all come running when they are involved. Once again, I repeat... America is NOT the centre of the civilization.

Didn't Tony Blair say that, after 9/11, "America has no truer friend than Great Britain"?

Pilch4
09-12-2006, 02:28 AM
Try reading... I said "we", as in our generation in England... since most of our generation weren't alive before the 50's/60's then i stand by my statement.

Also, read on to the part where I reference the Middle East... Thanks.

Didn't Tony Blair say that, after 9/11, "America has no truer friend than Great Britain"?

So what if he did? That neither proves nor negates either of our points and is a completely seperate issue.

As for your comment regarding the IRA, don't be sorry. It didn't affect me very much at all... in fact most people here don't dwell on it... which, if you read back to my original post, you'll see was my main point about 9/11.

Goldenboko
09-12-2006, 02:37 AM
Things happened and it was serious.
Things happen, that are serious every day. But as long as it's not on your door step that's fine right? Think about it like this... Americans don't have to live in constant fear of being attacked. Think about people who live/lived in Iraq or Afghanistan. Innocent people who can't help where they live... think about the fact they every single day they have to worry about being killed by soldiers, or being caught up in an incident. Think about this then consider how self-important Americans act on the terrorist issue.. and you called me heartless.

People like you make me sick, you find one part of the post that you can disagree with, and try to prove a point and BOOM! Did you even read the rest of my post? You are heartless, whenever 5,000 people die in that manner its sad and cruel. But I think more then heartless you're arrogent. You focus on yourself and don't understand when other places have problems. I am anything but a nationalistic American, I understand our government, and way of life and thinking is screwed up. But! Even I understand what happened 5 years ago.

ljkkjlcm9
09-12-2006, 02:38 AM
You know what I love, other countries that complain about America claiming to be the center of the world. And you know why it's funny? Because anytime something happens in the world, America must have an opinion and take a stance on it. People complain about America being "The World Police" but it's basically because America is forced to be. Cause when we do nothing people yell at us, and when we do something, people yell at us.

You can bitch about America claiming to be the center of the World and crap, when we're not really. But the fact of the matter is, more of the rest of the world knows about America, than people in America. The rest of the world pays attention to America, more than America. So who makes us the center of everything? If you don't care about America, why even post in a thread that doesn't involve you? I don't mean to sound mean, but if you have a problem with it, why get involved with it. By talking about America, you're helping to put it as the center of attention. If people would stop talking about America around the world, and expecting things from us in certain situations, maybe we wouldn't see ourselves as the center of attention.

As for 9/11, yes it was sad, yes it happened, but we do need to move on. See I've been thinking, I go to a military school. We have a vigil for 9/11. But the school has been around since before Pearl Harbor... did they have vigils for that, and how long after it happened did they have them? I just don't want to see students here 25 years from now still having vigils for 9/11. Honestly, it didn't change all that much here. We act like it did, but it didn't really. It did for a little bit, but the country hasn't changed much at all.

THE JACKEL

Odaisé Gaelach
09-12-2006, 02:40 AM
Try reading... I said "we", as in our generation in England... since most of our generation weren't alive before the 50's/60's then i stand by my statement.

Hey, your country voted his party into power. Twice.

So what if he did? That neither proves nor negates either of our points and is a completely seperate issue.

You said that America expected the rest of the world to come running when they were involved. England did.

think about the fact they every single day they have to worry about being killed by soldiers, or being caught up in an incident.

Now think about how much of a shock it was, to wake up in New York, and find your city burning. 8 million people live there. The people in the Twin Towers never expected to die that day. Neither did the pilots or passengers of the airplanes that crashed. Wasn't the world afraid that day?

Goldenboko
09-12-2006, 02:50 AM
Returning to the topic...
I gave the Twin Towers and all of its Victims a moment of silence (10 min I didn't speak) When I got home. But other then that there isn't much I can do but move on.

Odaisé Gaelach
09-12-2006, 02:54 AM
Returning to the topic...
I gave the Twin Towers and all of its Victims a moment of silence (10 min I didn't speak) When I got home. But other then that there isn't much I can do but move on.

Yeah.

Ultimately there isn't much you can do but move on.

nik0tine
09-12-2006, 03:44 AM
Hi guys I woke up late and didn't go to school today. I also played Final Fantasy VI. Beat that, patriots!

Rengori
09-12-2006, 03:52 AM
Hi guys I woke up late and didn't go to school today. I also played Final Fantasy VI. Beat that, patriots!
Win.

I did that once or twice in 8th grade.

fire_of_avalon
09-12-2006, 04:01 AM
I can summarize this thread in four easy steps.

Some of you hate/dislike/whatever America, so you'll use this as an excuse to spout anti-American propaganda about how we don't do anything and cry a lot.

Some of you are apathetic and sad, so you'll make funny jokes.

Some of you care too much and want to show the world how much you care, so you say something sappy.

Some of you are pretty cool, see the event and the memorials for what they are, and go about your business.

I talked about how fast time moves when you grow up with my friend, and I ate at Bojangles.

ljkkjlcm9
09-12-2006, 04:36 AM

SO what was the first flight number... 11 or Q33 NY?

Come on, how absurd are you, you contradict yourself in the same exact post!

THE JACKEL

NINJA_Ryu
09-12-2006, 06:04 AM

Ditto, exceopt on the event. I will remember the attack for just what it was AN ATTACK, and event! Not some over mediasized propaganda used to wage war in foreign soil, and i agree wholeheartedly Vince :)

NorthernChaosGod
09-12-2006, 06:37 AM
<!--

Really?
(Courtesy of Barronmore.)

"Q33 NY" refers to an Internet hoax which was spread, often via e-mail, in the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks. The hoax capitalizes on an oddity of the Wingdings symbol font.

The message claimed that "Q33 NY," the supposed "flight number" of one of the airplanes to hit the World Trade Center, becomes a message when rendered in Wingdings font. In Wingdings, "Q33 NY" renders as:

(Note the skull and crossbones and Star of David on the right.) However, "Q33 NY" is not an actual flight number or an aircraft registration number - it's a meaningless assemblage of letters and numbers designed to take advantage of the font's symbols to infer a connection (prophetic or conspiratory) between the 9-11 attacks and Jews.

The actual flight designations of the airplanes striking the World Trade Center were American Airlines Flight 11 (so, AA11, first plane) and United Airlines Flight 175 (UA175, second plane). It is worth noting that in New York, there is a bus route Q33 serving LaGuardia Airport, which was not connected with any of the flights used in the attacks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q33_NY
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/wingdings.asp
http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/q33ny.html

Like I said you shouldn't believe everything you read.

I... think.. I'm....in love.. with... you. :love:

You know what I love, other countries that complain about America claiming to be the center of the world. And you know why it's funny? Because anytime something happens in the world, America must have an opinion and take a stance on it. People complain about America being "The World Police" but it's basically because America is forced to be. Cause when we do nothing people yell at us, and when we do something, people yell at us.

You can bitch about America claiming to be the center of the World and crap, when we're not really. But the fact of the matter is, more of the rest of the world knows about America, than people in America. The rest of the world pays attention to America, more than America. So who makes us the center of everything? If you don't care about America, why even post in a thread that doesn't involve you? I don't mean to sound mean, but if you have a problem with it, why get involved with it. By talking about America, you're helping to put it as the center of attention. If people would stop talking about America around the world, and expecting things from us in certain situations, maybe we wouldn't see ourselves as the center of attention.

As for 9/11, yes it was sad, yes it happened, but we do need to move on. See I've been thinking, I go to a military school. We have a vigil for 9/11. But the school has been around since before Pearl Harbor... did they have vigils for that, and how long after it happened did they have them? I just don't want to see students here 25 years from now still having vigils for 9/11. Honestly, it didn't change all that much here. We act like it did, but it didn't really. It did for a little bit, but the country hasn't changed much at all.

THE JACKAL

QFT-->*snip*

This is spam. If you're going to quote such long posts, I expect more than what you've given for a response. ~ Leeza

DarkLadyNyara
09-13-2006, 03:36 AM
This is freaky...

3) Ramsin Yuseb (The terrorist who threatened to destroy the Twin Towers in 1993) has 11 letters.

6) The date is equal to the US emergency services telephone number 911. 9 + 1 + 1 = 11.

1) The total number of victims inside all the hi-jacked planes was 254. 2 + 5 + 4 = 11.

*sighs, dives under bed, pulls out copy of The Skeptic's Dictionary, looks up entry on "law of truly large numbers (coincidences)" *

Thought that looked familliar.

Accumulating more findings like these coincidences between the number 11 and other things should be easy, since there are countless items that can be made to relate in some fashion to the number 11 (or 12, 13, or just about any other number or word).

Names or words that don't have 11 letters in them: Osama bin Laden,... Dick Cheney, Laura Bush, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Muslim, Islam, Pentagon, World Trade Center, terrorism, jihad, Taliban, Koran, United States, anti-American...

An excellent book, the Skeptics Dictionary. It says pretty much all I have to say on these number games. I am not about to type out the whole section, just the most relevant part, but essentially it amounts to confirmation bias (counting the hits, ignoring the misses).

bipper
09-13-2006, 03:42 AM
OBVIOUSLY you have NEVER seen the 20 dollar bill folding tirck; where you fold the bill up and the bushes an side of the white house depict a picture of the twin towers burning down, and what is 9 + 11? 20$ bill. The governent has is plans spelled out in money (beutiful last sentance, can be read in so many ways :))

pwnt :p

I Took the Red Pill
09-13-2006, 03:44 AM
Did you guys know that if you subtract the Roman Numerals in Final Fantasy XI from each other you get 9, and if you add them you get 11?! =-o

al-Qaeda is clearly running SE.

Rengori
09-13-2006, 03:47 AM
Did you guys know that if you subtract the Roman Numerals in Final Fantasy XI from each other you get 9, and if you add them you get 11?! =-o

Osama is clearly running SE.

That is so going in my sig.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
09-13-2006, 03:45 PM
This is freaky...

Now this is where things get totally eerie:

The most recognised symbol for the US, after the Stars & Stripes, is the Eagle. The following verse is taken from the Quran, the Islamic holy book:

"For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced: for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah and there was peace."

That verse is number 9.11 of the Quran.

Still uncovinced about all of this..?! Try this and see how you feel afterwards, it made my hair stand on end:

Open Microsoft Word and do the following(TRY THIS FOR REAL)

2. Highlight the Q33 NY

3. Change the font size to 48.

4. Change the actual font to the WINGDINGS

Scary Huh??

Q33 NY=..

Just :eep:

Madame Adequate
09-13-2006, 04:20 PM
When I clicked this thread, the number of replies was 99, and the number of views was 1011.

Coincidence?

I think not.