PDA

View Full Version : Oodley Noodley

Freya
09-09-2006, 10:36 AM
So i was sitting in my chemistry class the other day, you know normal 3rd day of class, class period. My teacher is reviewing the safety procedures for working with harmful chemicals (hence the chemistry title of the class) and making sure we we're ready for our test over said procedures. I, being the type of lekana that I am, seem to be blissfully unaware to any of the "blah blah blah " that is going on in the background.

Instead I'm paying attention to the note pad in front of me. What is it that I have become so engrossed with? Why a bunch of bears chasing a guy. Why was this poor man being chased? Well because that's the way I drew him.

The next day I'm sitting in my Accelerated Junior English class. While my peers are attentively staring at thier papers memorizing the vocab words for the test we were to be given in the next couple of minutes, I was again blissfully unaware of my surroundings. I should have been studying mind you, I hadn't studied at all before and being that I'm in the accelerated class the words are a bit harder. But alas I was not. No, I was snickering at the singing bears on my paper.

Now before my computer desk, when I should be asleep, is a paper. And on this paper is another very interesting picture. A bear you might think! No sorry, I like drawing bears but no. There are giggling lions.

So what may you ask is this thread about. Doodles of course. What do you doodle and do you doodle at the appropriate times?

My name is...something..?
09-09-2006, 10:42 AM
I used to doodle all sorts of things all over the place at inappropriate time in school.
I'd draw clouds, buildings, rabid animals, chibi animals...
That kind of stuff.
But now I'm not in school, so now I draw at inappropraite times...
at work!:D

themagicroundabout
09-09-2006, 10:46 AM
I doodle all the time at school.

Levian
09-09-2006, 10:55 AM
I usually just doodle in Ethics class. Mainly because Ethics sucks, but also because... no, that's it.

And I enjoyed reading your post very much, Lekana.

farplaner
09-09-2006, 01:21 PM
I doodle at home, in private, when I'm all by myself. Yes, I'm talking about drawing! What are you talking about!?

I keep a notebook into which I write and doodle whatever random thoughts and images, respectively, are fluttering through my mind at the moment. When I was in highschool, which was in a previous life, I used to doodle all the time. I couldn't tell you half of what went on during my highschool "career."

But then again, I couldn't tell you what I just posted about? Ooo! Look! Something shiny!

* runs off.

Breine
09-09-2006, 01:24 PM
I always doodle in school - in every single class, even if it's my favourite class. I can't help it.

I doodle all kinds of stuff - and sometimes it even turns into a wholesome drawing instead of just incomprehendable doodles.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
09-09-2006, 01:39 PM
I stopped about two years ago. You don't get anywhere in the latter years of your education years by doodling and not paying attention

Cz
09-09-2006, 01:43 PM
I doodle in the margins of my history notes, usually random geometric shapes and scribblings. I still pay attention to the lesson, though. The doodles are just a way to pass the time when a teacher's rambling on about something unimportant.

Quindiana Jones
09-09-2006, 01:44 PM
I doodle huge great stickmen fights, with guns and lasers and swords and everything! I do them whenever I get bored. They really rock, if I could be arsed, I'd post some up here.

Christmas
09-09-2006, 01:45 PM
I turned my textbooks into a comic series. :bigsmile:

Cz
09-09-2006, 01:46 PM
I doodle huge great stickmen fights, with guns and lasers and swords and everything! I do them whenever I get bored. They really rock, if I could be arsed, I'd post some up here.I used to do that, too. Man, those were fun. :D

Zeldy
09-09-2006, 01:52 PM
I used to, but I had to force myself out of the habit. Teachers in my school go beserk if your not paying attention.

Skarr
09-09-2006, 02:31 PM
In high school that's all I used to do in spanish class'.

Freya
09-09-2006, 04:10 PM
And I enjoyed reading your post very much, Lekana.

I feel loved.

Vikeve
09-09-2006, 04:55 PM
I doodle huge great stickmen fights, with guns and lasers and swords and everything! I do them whenever I get bored. They really rock, if I could be arsed, I'd post some up here.

I always do that mostly i draw a huge mountain and have the stick figures shooting each other there its the best. I used to doodle a lot in math class mostly and when the work sheets had little dudes on it i would doodle on them and draw more when ever we had to do coordinate grids and make a shap or something stubid like that i would just doodle.

One time there was this triangle dude in the book with both legs pointing in one direction so i drew i set of legs pointing in the opposite then fliped the two sets of legs back and forth to make it look like it was dancing i failed though but i got everyone sitting close to me to try and he put me next to all the smart kids to it was great. but now i can't doodle in math im in a small class becuase i failed most of my tests i hate math but love doodles.

Smiley face for you to start this nice thread:)

Resha
09-09-2006, 05:41 PM
I doodle ugly heads with three hairs. Some of my best artwork has spawned from the doodling.

Rye
09-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Most of my... dirtier doodles end up sent on MSN to people. :jess:

I did create an adorable little piggy named Winnsie Oinkers in Bio last year though. :)

Quindiana Jones
09-09-2006, 06:10 PM
My best doodle ever was Rocket Mole, in my planner. I drew him properly with colour and everything, and he can now be found on my profile. Yey!