PDA

View Full Version : EoFF improvement ideas.

boys from the dwarf
09-09-2006, 05:35 PM
i made a thread like this ages ago but here it is again. this is a thread to discuss what you think could make the site better. and who knows? maybe some of the staff will use some of the ideas. heres one of my ideas.

1. a way to label help threads like "how do i beat *insert boss name here.*" so if you go into the search you can search for people in need of help in perticular forums.

any good ideas from you guys? i dont think many or any of these will be used but maybe someone has a really good idea.

Quindiana Jones
09-09-2006, 05:39 PM
I think making me head of EoFF with ultimate power over absolutely everybody, without me having to do any work for/to the site would be a good idea.

McLovin'
09-09-2006, 05:43 PM
i made a thread like this ages ago but here it is again. this is a thread to discuss what you think could make the site better. and who knows? maybe some of the staff will use some of the ideas. heres one of my ideas.

1. a way to label help threads like "how do i beat *insert boss name here.*" so if you go into the search you can search for people in need of help in perticular forums.

any good ideas from you guys? i dont think many or any of these will be used but maybe someone has a really good idea.

That is what the frontsite is for. :tongue:

boys from the dwarf
09-09-2006, 05:44 PM
any good ideas from you guys

:D. anyway.

a lot of FF sites have optional background music from FF. FFonline and FFcompendium have music. i cant really imagine it suiting EoFF for some reason but its a thought.

Levian
09-09-2006, 06:01 PM
I like EoFF as it is. Maybe just ban a few people.

Bahamut2000X
09-09-2006, 06:15 PM
To make it the ultimate Loony Bob should do a little sock puppet show every friday and wednesday night. That would own everything!

boys from the dwarf
09-09-2006, 06:24 PM

That is what the frontsite is for. :tongue:

by that i meant when you start a help thread you label it with something and when you go into the search you can choose an option that says something like "only show help threads." it could have its uses.

id like us to try and keep this a serious discussion. a jokes a joke but i dont want this filling up with tons of pointless suggestions. post any ideas but dont fill the thread with jokes and stuff because thats not what its for.

Christmas
09-09-2006, 06:28 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=91998

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=89326

Roto13
09-09-2006, 06:31 PM
I think once a month we should have a "Black Friday" where we ban ten random oldbies.

Dignified Pauper
09-09-2006, 06:46 PM
I like EoFF as it is. Maybe just ban a few people.

rubah
09-09-2006, 06:55 PM
Post in <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=92597">this</a> thread to help improve the FAQ :p

Rengori
09-09-2006, 08:52 PM
I think once a month we should have a "Black Friday" where we ban ten random oldbies.
Win.

Decessus
09-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Afircan-American Friday, racist.
But the overall idea is great, and should be taken into great consideration.

Rengori
09-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Afircan-American Friday, racist.I saw something like this on Leno's Headlines segment about the Yankee's black arm bands.

starseeker
09-09-2006, 08:59 PM
A timer that says how many days you've been registered for.

Eiko Guy
09-09-2006, 09:34 PM
eiko guy says
Plz we dont really care if you call us black or african american we never do it so you shouldnt have to

Madonna
09-09-2006, 10:19 PM
If threads that contained suggestions and ideas to improve the site and fora were placed in the TITS forum, I think that would be an improvement.

Dreddz
09-09-2006, 10:38 PM
What I'd change isnt the forum, but the staff's attitude. This place is too strict, for sure...

Odaisé Gaelach
09-09-2006, 10:42 PM
What I'd change isnt the forum, but the staff's attitude. This place is too strict, for sure...

I'm sure Lukejake17 would have had plenty to say on that matter... :p

I'm happy with EoFF as it is. :)

Bart's Friend Milhouse
09-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Split all the members into rivalling motorbike gangs with leather jackets (car coats), blood initiations, membership tags, like they used to do in the 50s

Psychotic
09-09-2006, 10:58 PM
I think once a month we should have a "Black Friday" where we ban ten random oldbies.You wouldn't notice a difference anyway, because the vast majority of the oldbies are inactive. Still, if it means Jojo and Raistlin get banned, I'm all for it. Oh, but maybe rename it Golden Friday or Rainbow Friday.

Decessus
09-09-2006, 11:00 PM
I think once a month we should have a "Black Friday" where we ban ten random oldbies.You wouldn't notice a difference anyway, because the vast majority of the oldbies are inactive anyway. Still, if it means Jojo and Raistlin get banned, I'm all for it. Oh, but maybe rename it Golden Friday or Rainbow Friday.
Psychotic Friday.

Odaisé Gaelach
09-09-2006, 11:01 PM
Psychotic Friday.

Booyah! :D

Psychotic
09-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Yeah, a Friday where every single oldbie named Psychotic is banned. I like it. And if my name is a synonym for rainbow, then who am I to complain?

Decessus
09-09-2006, 11:05 PM
Yeah, a Friday where every single oldbie named Psychotic is banned. I like it. And if my name is a synonym for rainbow, then who am I to complain?
I've always associated you with rainbow.

Psychotic
09-09-2006, 11:07 PM
I've always associated you with rainbow flags.Well of course you do, you big silly. I bought you one as a Christmas present for your little march thingy, remember?

lovehurts
09-09-2006, 11:16 PM
I vote for Bipper to be the main operator and admin to this site.

cloud21zidane16
09-09-2006, 11:59 PM
just keep it as it is i dont like it when things change:cry:

LunarWeaver
09-10-2006, 12:12 AM
Until this forum gets a :vivi: smile this whole site is rubbish and I shall look down upon it with eyes full of snooty!

But like a true whiner, I will complain about the forum and then use it anyway.

Anaisa
09-10-2006, 02:59 AM
LUKEJAKE17, should be unbanned. Permanently. :D

Christmas
09-10-2006, 03:02 AM
Dun use any of the ideas here.

Goldenboko
09-10-2006, 03:05 AM
They make a special Land of Hate part of the forums just for Christmas and her disciples.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-10-2006, 03:26 AM
Ban ninety to ninety-nine percent of the current membership and disallow new registration forever. That would do nicely.

rubah
09-10-2006, 04:29 AM
That still allows for 250-2500 people wandering around, though

Fonzie
09-10-2006, 04:49 AM
When it's your birthday the staffers will come out, tackle you in ninja outfits, and sing too you.

lovehurts
09-10-2006, 04:51 AM
When it's your birthday the staffers will come out, tackle you in ninja outfits, and sing too you.

Hell, he gets my vote for president.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-10-2006, 05:28 AM
I had this cool idea that there could be a leveling up system based on how many posts you have, and you gain more expereince the longer your posts are.

This would probably be a very difficult idea to fully realize, however.

LunarWeaver
09-10-2006, 05:30 AM
I had this cool idea that there could be a leveling up system based on how many posts you have, and you gain more expereince the longer your posts are.

"Must spam to reach level 99!!" would happen too often probably :cry:

Goldenboko
09-10-2006, 05:31 AM

That promotes spamming, though I see your point why should someone who made an account 2 years ago, forget about it and still get the same, if not more privliges then an everyday user...
But...

That promotes spamming too much.

lovehurts
09-10-2006, 05:31 AM
I would think that spamming would make you loose level points.

Fonzie
09-10-2006, 05:40 AM
Why not just show how many posts a person has?

Christmas
09-10-2006, 05:56 AM

WILL YOU GET A FREE PUPU PLUSHIE PLUS A PROTECTION FROM BAN AMULET ONCE YOU REACH LVL 99???? :bigsmile:

Decessus
09-10-2006, 06:18 AM

WILL YOU GET A FREE PUPU PLUSHIE PLUS A PROTECTION FROM BAN AMULET ONCE YOU REACH LVL 99???? :bigsmile:
No, you get a couple of cupons cut from a 1974 newspaper and some stained article of clothing worn by Cid.

boys from the dwarf
09-10-2006, 09:17 AM

ive seen a forum where they did something like that based on how many posts and how long youve been on the site for. i cant remember the site. do you know any sites like this.

i doubt the ranking system would suit EoFF.

No.78
09-10-2006, 09:48 AM
New logo thing!

Rocket Edge
09-10-2006, 02:29 PM
No thanks, i thought that guy had issues.

Backround music as someone suggested would be a cool idea.

Maybe to have differant backround skin's. People e.g. sig/avatar's makers etc. could make up a whole new backround than the classic EoFF one we have now. Then i guess you could just simply pick the one you like best for your backround.

Can't think of much else, EoFF is a very well run site.

starseeker
09-10-2006, 03:49 PM
We should put together a team of all the people who can read Japanese and get them to translate the magazine articles from the Japanese gaming magazines about Final Fantasy games.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-12-2006, 03:04 AM

ive seen a forum where they did something like that based on how many posts and how long youve been on the site for. i cant remember the site. do you know any sites like this.

i doubt the ranking system would suit EoFF.

I've never seen a forum with that system, no.

No thanks, i thought that guy had issues.

I would have to agree with Rocket Edge :rolleyes2 ...

Sunny Day Suicide
09-12-2006, 03:09 AM

And we have a winner!

Loony BoB
09-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Background music for EoFF: Winamp, Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic, iTunes, Last.fm player... they're your background music, folks! If you're going to listen to something, you may as well make it something you like.

EoFF needs an Elitist Forum, and an Anti-Elitist Forum.

Shlup
09-12-2006, 10:44 AM
eiko guy says
Plz we dont really care if you call us black or african american we never do it so you shouldnt have to

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper538/stills/ys48m0w3.jpg

No, it isn't.

I second that!

Meat Puppet
09-12-2006, 11:02 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/liamd/bob-1.jpg

I think there needs to be more staffers like Psychotic (staffers that deal with warned posts quicker).

EDIT: There is a clue hidden in this post. See if you can find it.

Loony BoB
09-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Actually, Kishi is now the only real admin at EoFF - that's why only he deals with name changes now on.

Rye
09-12-2006, 11:30 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/liamd/bob-1.jpg

I think there needs to be more staffers like Psychotic (staffers that deal with warned posts quicker).

Yeah, seriously. I think the few times I actually warned a post on IM to Paul or using the warned post system on EoFF lately, it actually got tended to immediatedly. Other times in the past, it would take hours. :jess:

Znake
09-12-2006, 11:50 AM
I think a SPOILER button, like the kind they have on SilentHillHeaven would be a good Improvement.

Loony BoB
09-12-2006, 11:55 AM
We have SPOILER tags rather than a button... so when you type this:

[</>SPOILER]Christmas is a guy[/</>SPOILER]

then it ends up looking like this:

Christmas is a guy

Agent Proto
09-12-2006, 01:27 PM
That's a nice spoiler button, but not for someone like ed, who highlight text to read. I wouldn't mind if the spoiler tag was fixed so that you click on spoiler and the spoiler shows up. This makes it easier to avoid reading a spoiler without accidently highlighting it. FG has this, so you could both Aaron about it.

wtf yuan dies? lol

Vincent, Thunder God
09-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Ok, I've got a really simple idea. In the dropdown bar when you click on a member's name (we'll use me as an example, but obviously this is for all members) there should be a "Give Vincent, Thunder God" a usernote option. It would make giving people usernotes so much easier!

Decessus
09-13-2006, 12:41 AM
Talking on the Talkies? Such articulation could only come from the mods.

Miriel
09-13-2006, 12:58 AM

Not exactly. :p

Odaisé Gaelach
09-13-2006, 01:00 AM
Not exactly. :p

I just noticed. :D Brilliant! :D

Vincent, Thunder God
09-13-2006, 01:27 AM

Who did this? And why are they making fun of Love Hurts? Why ban people, and then make fun of them? :mad: :mad2:

oddler
09-13-2006, 02:11 AM
Shouldn't the multiple quote system be called W-Quote instead of x-quote? I'd call that an improvement, I guess. :tongue:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-13-2006, 02:16 AM
W means two. X is more flexible.

escobert
09-13-2006, 02:21 AM
We should make me a admin :D