PDA

View Full Version : >> Leveling system...

black orb
09-10-2006, 02:25 AM
>>> Anyone knows if this game has something like the FF10 Sphere Grid??
If not Im gonna be very disappointed..

Zeromus_X
09-10-2006, 02:32 AM
I've heard as much about the License Board system (it's a Sphere Grid-esque system). I know someone who played the game around here was talking about it, but I wouldn't know what thread it's in.

black orb
09-10-2006, 02:38 AM
>>> Sphere Grid was Square`s best idea ever.. It would be a waste if this game doesnt have it..

Madame Adequate
09-10-2006, 02:51 AM
I hear it bears similarities to the Sphere Grid - more at least than it bears to other methods of advancement we've seen - but it has some fundamental changes as well.

Dell
09-10-2006, 04:30 PM
It's like Sphere Grid with some changes.

*Contained Spoilers*

You need to activate the node in order to activate more node. But in FFX, you can skip a node if you wanted it too.

Sphere Grid contained stat-boosting node and ability node. But License Board contained ability, Mist Knack, summoning node and equipment node. The ability is like FFX, you can learn Cure, Fire, Haste, Steal....all of the abilities. Mist Knack is the Limit Break. Each character can only hold three Mist Knack and they're located in License Board, you'll have to activate nodes in order to reach it. Once you learn a node with Mist Knack, the node will disappear and cannot be activated/seen anymore. Summoning Node is the node that'll will appear once you have defeated an Espers, they cannot be found in the board until after you defeat them. The same with Mist Knack, they will dissapear once activated. So choose carefully who you want to learn. The equipment node are nodes that allow you to equip equipment. Let say you want to equip a Bronze Shield on Vaan, first, you must buy the shield at the armor shop, next, activate the node that has a 'Bronze Shield' in it. Then equip them! This also works on Weapons, Armors, Head-armors, Shields and Accessories.

*End of Spoilers*

Sephiroths Clone
09-10-2006, 05:23 PM
lol we have spoiler tags.:)

Anyways, that does sound pretty cool. Gonna have a lot more strategic play to it now, since some things disappear of the board, unlike the Sphere grid where its on forever.

Madame Adequate
09-10-2006, 05:31 PM
vivi_ultima, question about what you just said, if you don't mind?

Does that mean that each individual item has a position on the board? I was under the impression you would just get 'shields' to be able to equip a bronze shield, and all other kinds.

Much thanks.

No.78
09-10-2006, 05:36 PM
I like the license board idea, it means each game you play through would be very different because different people will learn different abilities and... Well they wont all end up the same at the very end. =D

Moon Rabbits
09-10-2006, 05:50 PM
I like the license board idea, it means each game you play through would be very different because different people will learn different abilities and... Well they wont all end up the same at the very end. =D

I agree. The only problem I had with the Sphere Grid was the fact that all the characters could learn all the same abilities, except for overdrives+summons.

LunarWeaver
09-10-2006, 07:49 PM
vivi_ultima, question about what you just said, if you don't mind?

Does that mean that each individual item has a position on the board? I was under the impression you would just get 'shields' to be able to equip a bronze shield, and all other kinds.

Much thanks.

I used spoiler tags because I fear not being accepted:

I think they use numbers for everything. There's like a White Magic 1 that teaches you a bundle of spells, and a Sword 1 that allows you to use some swords but not all of them...And then there's a Sword 2 for bigger and badder swords and so on. But there's isn't a space for everything in the game

As for the everybody is different thing, I think the pure customization could end up like that... But actually, everybody can also be exactly the same too. In fact, I've read a few times that by the end of the game everybody is just a carbon copy of each other with all the same skills and spells and nobody is different anymore ._. But X was sort of like that if you went crazy on the Sphere Grid too.

No.78
09-10-2006, 07:51 PM
I dont see how that's possible, if some things disappear forever once used, meaning only one person could learn it, therefore making them unique...

LunarWeaver
09-10-2006, 07:52 PM
I dont see how that's possible, if some things disappear forever once used, meaning only one person could learn it, therefore making them unique...

Only Mist Knacks and Summons disappear for other characters once one character has learned it, everything else can be shared by everybody. I believe there's exactly enough Mist Knacks for each person to learn 3.

black orb
09-10-2006, 07:54 PM
>>> This is great, but its a shame that you cant skip nodes like Sphere Grid..

since some things disappear of the board, unlike the Sphere grid where its on forever.
>>> You can erase nodes in ff10 too.

Madame Adequate
09-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Thanks Lunar, that makes more sense.

I've heard concerns that everyone ends up a carbon-copy, but realistically, is it that likely to happen unless you go out of your way to get everyone's levels and license points and whatever way up?

LunarWeaver
09-10-2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks Lunar, that makes more sense.

I've heard concerns that everyone ends up a carbon-copy, but realistically, is it that likely to happen unless you go out of your way to get everyone's levels and license points and whatever way up?

That's kind of how I feel too. Unless you go completely crazyass on it I'm sure everybody won't be learning everything.

Besides, you could always force yourself to only let one person learn certain things and make them different yourself :jess:

I foresee challenges galore on GameFAQs.

Sephiroths Clone
09-10-2006, 09:33 PM
>>> This is great, but its a shame that you cant skip nodes like Sphere Grid..

since some things disappear of the board, unlike the Sphere grid where its on forever.
>>> You can erase nodes in ff10 too.

Really? I did not know that. but why would u wan to?

Zeromus_X
09-10-2006, 09:33 PM
To customize the Grid, more specifically to max out stats.

black orb
09-10-2006, 11:23 PM
>>> Exactly..

Guardians
09-12-2006, 01:35 PM
FF 12 use license broad, when u kill a monster, u will get "LP", u will ned a amount of LP to learn certains skill, ability ,weapon equip, armor equip, ring equip and etc.

like if u want equip muramasa, then u must get the license to equip muramasa 1st, otherwise u can't equip it

if u want to learn fire, u must get the license 1st, and then got magic shop to buy the "rod" to learn it

about lving system.... just like on9 game, kill 1 monster get exp then lv up~, the exp will divide to 3 if the party got 3 member.....

max party is 3 ppl, sometimes got guest inside the party will be 4 ppl