i readed about the bad idea's for ffx-3, now i want to know why ffx-3
would be a good idea?

story,info,ideas! :D

Devil Shroom
09-10-2006, 09:21 AM
i readed about the bad idea's for ffx-3, now i want to know why ffx-3
would be a good idea?

story,info,ideas! :D

We've actually already got two projects running of ideas for FFX-3. I don't know where the first one is, but the second 'LNA' is in the writer's corner.

kissgirls
09-10-2006, 11:01 PM
We've actually already got two projects running of ideas for FFX-3. I don't know where the first one is, but the second 'LNA' is in the writer's corner.

O.k i saw in writer's corner, is LNA FFX-3
don't know what tile it's called but the other one is FFX-3 Before The Nightmare, but kadajwife renamed her tile FFX-3 The Final Time
:)

No.78
09-11-2006, 08:57 AM
...So... We can't post here?

Venom
09-11-2006, 11:43 AM
FFX-3 would be a great idea if it didnt come out.:)

Nifleheim7
09-11-2006, 01:22 PM
It will be a good idea only if it's a prequel to FFX
or
20+ years after the events of FFX-2

kissgirls
09-11-2006, 03:25 PM
No.78;1884567
...So... We can't post here?

You can :D

Arucard
FFX-3 would be a great idea if it didnt come out.:)

Shut it, FFVII is taking it to far now! sorry if i sound mean :mad:

polonoid
It will be a good idea only if it's a prequel to FFX
or
20+ years after the events of FFX-2

you should go to writers corner, and read the two ffx-3 plans! :bigsmile:

Setzer Gabianni
09-13-2006, 08:46 AM
He didn't mention FFVII, so why mention it?

Believe it or not, though I don't agree completely with the Compilation, the majority of these titles actually mean more then an FFX-3 title.

Good ideas you say? Dunno. There is nothing left to go on.

~Setzer Gabbiani

No.78
09-13-2006, 10:23 AM
I was thinkin a game where you choose to play as Tidus or Yuna, a seperate adventure from there points of view... I'm gonna say a really REALLY simplistic love-story type tragedy thing, basically, Tidus and Yuna have a little spat and are sorta mad at each other, then this big tradegy brings them togethor! (dont worry it gets more interesting)...

If you pick Yuna, the game starts in the dying Macalania woods, well practically dead woods. So everythings all black n stuff, n cool looking (like shards of charred crystal everywhere, see, where else is that possible?) Yuna's standing in the lake (which is quite dirty now, and the water's surface would look as though it has oil in it, kinda dirty yet retains the wierdness of macalania)... So she's being all "omg tidus blahblah" yeah, and if you start as Tidus, he'll be wondering through the zanarkand ruins having these wierd flashes of showing Yuna zanarkand... And then he's all "oh yuna omg blaahabaal" stuff.

Here would be the main plotline you uncover as the story progresses, the "spoiler" if you will. So, some guy or a thing, is in space, LIVING off of the deaths in Spira, pyreflies acting like the vessels to contain the death and the fiends existing solely to sustain the constant flow of death to him/her/it.... Which keeps him/her/it alive.

So now that Sin is gone, the flow of death is decreasing, and the thing in space is getting desperate. So... He makes mount gagazet erupt and guadosalam collapse :) (too faR? lol)... And turns the Ronso into these evil demon beastly things, and the guado into wierd freaky demon ninja things...

(This sounds realy farfetched I know... But yeah...)

So the game would begin with Tidus being attacked by ronso (who have 2 horns now, cos they're 'ard) and Yuna being ambushed by Guado.

Thats all I really thought of it... And yeah, it works in my head. The battle system would be likle a mix of X-2 and X. So it has the ATB system of X-2, yet no dresspheres, so as to make the characters more unique. Also, overdrives will be there, and aeons should somehow be reinvolved.

BG-57
09-14-2006, 09:42 PM
This is a link to the LNA thread:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=82925

For those who don't feel like perusing 1000+ posts I've compiled the ideas into a datafile and a game script.

Here would be the main plotline you uncover as the story progresses, the "spoiler" if you will. So, some guy or a thing, is in space, LIVING off of the deaths in Spira, pyreflies acting like the vessels to contain the death and the fiends existing solely to sustain the constant flow of death to him/her/it.... Which keeps him/her/it alive.

So now that Sin is gone, the flow of death is decreasing, and the thing in space is getting desperate. So... He makes mount gagazet erupt and guadosalam collapse (too faR? lol)... And turns the Ronso into these evil demon beastly things, and the guado into wierd freaky demon ninja things...

(This sounds realy farfetched I know... But yeah...).

So the game would begin with Tidus being attacked by ronso (who have 2 horns now, cos they're 'ard) and Yuna being ambushed by Guado.

Yes, a bit farfetched. The Thing in Space (TiS) reminds me of the Elder god in Soul Reaver. And the whole people turning into monsters part reminds me of Yoma. Pretty grim stuff, although I happen to like grim now and again.

Thats all I really thought of it... And yeah, it works in my head. The battle system would be likle a mix of X-2 and X. So it has the ATB system of X-2, yet no dresspheres, so as to make the characters more unique. Also, overdrives will be there, and aeons should somehow be reinvolved.

We had a discussion about Aeons in the LNA thread. My suggestion for bringing the old Aeons back was having the main characters journey into the Farplane, while introducing new Aeons involved them infiltrating Bevelle and finding reliquaries of Fayth. We went with idea #2.

Tavrobel
09-14-2006, 10:07 PM
I have a great idea for the continuation of the FFX series.

I'll share it with you one day, when I stab myself in the eyes, shoot myself in the foot, go on a berserking-mad rampage, destroy everything that has anything to do with PS2 technology, burn down all the SquareEnix buildings, kill Levian, out-pirate Maxx Power, turn Christmas into a loving and caring person, bash my FFX DVD apart and curse its name forever, create this golden ring that amplifies and preserves my life energy, cause a meteor to crash down onto the earth, make the sun collapse on itself so fast, that it expands exponentially, project a void so powerful that it destroys the universe, travel back through time and introduce a time paradox, kill an evil emperor, cause a massive flooding of light and darkness in the world, turn into a large creature of the HATE and feed off of graham crackers, become a demi-god by absorbing all of the magic in the world, become an emo bitch whining asshat momma's boy, travel again back through time and destroy everything through magic, destroy everything twice, become an abomination that can fold gravity upon itself, kill myself, and admit that FFX-2 is a good game.

Ehh, maybe it wasn't such a good idea. I take that all back.

I'll share it when I'm dead. Which won't happen. I intend to live forever.

Renmiri
09-15-2006, 01:18 AM
Well there is a very vast unexplored area in Spira's continent and we know nothing of the other hemisphere of the planet.

Also, the history of Spira is kind of puzzling. Machina and modern tech stuff was already present 3,000 years ago. By the time of the Bevelle / Zanarkand war they had been using technology for 2,000 years!!! Why no space flight ? Why no exploration of the vast jungle north of Djose, east of the Moonflow ? Why no Internet, underwater cities and other wonders of technology ? It almost seems like civilization in Spira started going downhill 3,000 years ago....

Anyhow, with all those "open ends", there are a lot of possible ideas for sequels. I myself wrote one in my fanfic and have a prequel RPG (see below). It would be sweet if Square got the team again and did a prequel or sequel :D

Tavrobel
09-15-2006, 02:24 AM
Technically, it's invalid to say that technology has been around for 3000 years before the start of FFX. We simply don't know when the world began, and even then, how would we know that FFX's world developed in the exact same way as our own? Even if it did, it still took 10k+ years to even develop irrigation and simple farming techniques, another 5000 for the first civilizations to crop up, 3000 to the end of Egypt, 1000 to the end of Rome, and 1500 years to the current day.

For all we know, technology could've only developed for 100 years before the war (just look at our current situation, before machine power, we didn't develop nearly as fast as we do now, and the advances made in a year, would probably have taken 500 years at any other point). Where technology looms, war is not far behind. We don't even know why Zanarkand and Bevelle went to war in the first place, much less anything behind it. We know how, but not why, so it's a big difference.

All in all, it's quite simple as to why there's no internet, no space flight, or anything other relevant before Sin. Even if that technology existed, it was likely destroyed and covered up. As much as I would like to see FFX continued, the job that SquareEnix did on FFX-2 is enough for me to think it to stop. As much as I would love to sink my teeth more into the world, there's got to be a limit, and even though I believe in second chances, the way SquareEnix handled FFX-2 is enough for me to say "no more.". For everything possible that could be potentially good with an FFX-3, there's AT LEAST ten times more reasons why it's not a good idea.

LunarWeaver
09-15-2006, 02:39 AM
In some ways I would not want a X-3 either... But it could always turn out well, and I'm always up for more Spira goodness.

I would quite enjoy a prequel starring Auron, Braska, and Jecht :cat: But the major problem with that would be we already know how it ends *shrug*. That and Auron may sing J-Pop in it.

Renmiri
09-15-2006, 03:17 AM
Technically, it's invalid to say that technology has been around for 3000 years before the start of FFX. We simply don't know when the world began, and even then, how would we know that FFX's world developed in the exact same way as our own?
Ultimania Omega for Final Fantasy X Timeline says so.

Around 3000 years ago

- Vast improvements were made in the magic civilization.
- Machina was invented.
- The use of machina became common through the whole of Spira.
- Machina technology reached its peak.

Around 1000 years ago

- War broke out between Zanarkand and Bevelle, this is later known as The Machina War.

Sorry for not linking to the source but the Cid's knights here might object to links to other forums. Google for it and you will see that it is on at least 3 other forums.

PS: I have the book also, so eventually I'll scan the timeline in... But it is in Japanese.

Rikku X-2
09-15-2006, 04:21 AM
i'll say i want this as a ffx-3

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=90977

Final Fantasy X-3 The Final Time

Very good story to me say so ;)

Setzer Gabianni
09-15-2006, 09:44 AM
I doubt they would take that idea on..

~Setzer Gabbiani

No.78
09-15-2006, 09:58 AM
Every character needs a major makeover, new look, new style =D PAINE WITH LONG HAIR!!! :O I can actually imagine that... That would be pretty awesome...

OH! Oh, and Tidus has black hair now!/again/whatever

Rikku X-2
09-15-2006, 03:25 PM
I doubt they would take that idea on..

~Setzer Gabbiani

i doubt they take LNA, doesn't make any sents, tidus fade away after yuna saw him one more time

yeah that sucks but it's true, it's proven in last mission

and ffx-3 the last time sounds more like what will happen, and you help her with the fixes remeber?, now you go off to fruity inland! and help LNA wow.....:mad:

Setzer Gabianni
09-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Am I insulting her? Am I? No, so don't start jumping to conclusions for crying out loud. I hate it when X-3 lovers jump down my goddamn throat with these crappy stupid flames.

Fruity Inland? WTF?

I am not insulting her damn story. I said they won't take the idea on. What's so wrong about that simple little line eh?

Last Mission? What the hell is that? Is it in X-2 or something?

You can't seem to handle anything I say negatively, so just leave me alone in future.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Roto13
09-15-2006, 05:56 PM
What happened in Last Mission, exactly?

f f freak
09-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Yeah I have no idea what happened in last mission either but I remember that in FFX-2 Tidus was their at the end if you got the good ending.

RoxasLeonhart
09-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Here and idea all the boss for ffxand ffx-2come from the dead .

Tavrobel
09-15-2006, 08:32 PM
Around 3000 years ago
- Machina was invented.

Sorry for not linking to the source but the Cid's knights here might object to links to other forums. Google for it and you will see that it is on at least 3 other forums.
CKs don't care, when it's used as evidence.

This shows that they still required magic to progress in their lives. If you still have magic, there's no point to have machine power to be as high as ours is. The description also says that it reaches its peak, which leads me to believe that machine power must have stagnated, or that the people did not want it to progress further (which would be a very good reason for the Machina War). If something reaches its peak, then it can not progress further.

Don't worry, I can draw loose interpretations from Japanese.

Renmiri
09-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Around 3000 years ago
- Machina was invented.

CKs don't care, when it's used as evidence.

This shows that they still required magic to progress in their lives. If you still have magic, there's no point to have machine power to be as high as ours is. The description also says that it reaches its peak, which leads me to believe that machine power must have stagnated, or that the people did not want it to progress further (which would be a very good reason for the Machina War). If something reaches its peak, then it can not progress further.

Don't worry, I can draw loose interpretations from Japanese.

Well, then here it is (http://www.squareforums.com/showthread.php?t=75914) (similar threads can be found at Gamefaq and ign)

I'll scan the book soon but meanwhile you can see other scans at my Wiki (http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/index.php/Ultimania_Battle_Pics)

Tavrobel
09-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Yes, I've seen your work long ago; most of it is where I learned the basics of FFX's history, but not all of it. But there's still not much to be said without a scan of the timeline, which was contradicted highly in FFX-2 (since I don't have access to the Ultimania).

Little Blue
09-16-2006, 11:25 PM
I personally like my idea for a X-3
Rebirth (http://fanfic.ffproject.net/viewstory.php?sid=8)

it's not finished yet, but sufficed to say, Sin came back, using an unsent as it's core (Auron), Dream Zanarkand is reborn, tidus is pulled out of his life with Yuna on besaid, Besaid is then destroyed, killing Yuna, Lulu and Wakka. Yuna however stays as an unsent, and starts a campaign for destroying sin again.

Kimahri is later killed helping Yuna escape from sin on Gagazets base, finding a crucial weakness in the new sin. It has a poor defence and is much more easy to break through than the old Sin, possibly the result of using an unsent as it's core instead of a Final Aeon.

Anyway, With this knowledge, Yuna helps build a massive army from all the cultures on Spira, though the warrior monks needed bevelle to be destroyed to be convinced to help. Together they bring sin down, and Yuna manages to get to Sin's core and somehow disperses Auron, releasing Yu Yevon in the process. Using a bit of new tech for trapping loose pyreflies she manages to trap Yu Yevon in a sphere, thus preventing him from rebuilding Sin.

She also gets trapped inside it, as does Auron.

In the aftermath, Spira's leaders try to decide what to do with the sphere, destroying it would release Yuna and Auron, but also Yu Yevon and this would all start over again, so it is decided to keep it intact, and hidden. Kimahri appears at this point, an unsent like Yuna was, and takes the sphere to the farplane when he is finally sent.

Once in the farplane Kimahri finds the souls of Yuna's other guardians, Tidus, Lulu, Wakka, and Rikku who was killed a while ago in a freak accident, and they swear to guard Yuna once more.

yeah, I know it don't make much sense, but i'm enjoying killing the characters. Alas I'm only half way through the story right now :( and have been dying to finish it for months...

No.78
09-17-2006, 01:49 PM

Something to do with an island, the old al bhed home or AN old al bhed home, and it's like this big tower with some funky looking boss dude at the top.

Or, something vaguely to do with that. I wish I knew :p

Renmiri
09-18-2006, 06:51 PM

Three months after X-2 ends, Yuna, Rikku and Paine each get a misterious invitation to go to Yadonoki Tower in Besaid. They meet each other in the first floor and start reminiscing while battling fiends for 100 floors.

Rikku is upset that Yuna left the gang and is going all "housewife". Paine misses the fun the Gullwings had but is not upset with Yuna. Yuna wants Rikku to understand why she chose to stay with Tidus.

After many battles they reach the top, reignite their friendship (in spite of their lives being different) and they all live happily ever after... Paine kinda suggests she was the one who send the invitations, to get YRP to be together again and friends again.

Script here
http://www.warmech.net/special/lastmission/lastmission.html

No.78
09-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Sounds cool... Does that link contain how they got the new dresspheres and why you can play as brother n stuff, and who that big bad dude who looked all cool and stuff is? Oh, and how they fought seymour (i think i saw a screenshot of them fighting seymour)...

And... Wherabouts in besaid? I was certain it was some kind of al bhed place, with all the signs saying wi- OH Yeah spirans write differently... lol.

Tiamat3710
10-14-2007, 02:08 PM
how about a game based on lulus first summoner she was with of course she dies in the cave of the fayth but i would want to know her story or maybe rikkus story after the boat got attacked by sin and how she ended up kidnapping yunaor maybe kimahris story of growing up on gagazet with biran and yenke and when he lost his horn and met yuna possibly jechts story of how he got from zanarkand to prison to meeting braska and becoming SIN or maybe an expansion pack for wakkas earlier bliztball tournaments there all prequels but i wanna know what happened in the past especially kimahris

Nifleheim7
10-14-2007, 02:52 PM
There's a more recent similar thread HERE (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-x/109895-what-if-there-ffx-3-a.html)